Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah let's have Bethesda ruin that too
They have created it... for the sole purpose of ruining it some day i guess.
If I was a game designer, I would leave the dwemer fate a mystery forever and only supply rare obscure hints (like the last dwemer in Morrowind). It's not trolling, it's making the player mind work out in creative ways and the community to theorycraft for all time.
I'm in two minds about it to be honest. I feel it is one of the most intriguing mysteries in games ever, find it brilliant and don't want it to be solved. But there is the other me... thirsty for the solution, maybe that is why i read most of the theories how they wanted to play gods with numidium, etc.

They (Bethesda) finally brought back dragons to tamriel, but this was meh compared to dwarven mystery...

Last edited:
At this point, there's no satisfying payout for it, imo. Anything they come up with will be bleak comparing to wilder theories, and they can't grab one of those theories either, because that would be whole another cart of unsatisfying for many people.

Also, this is happening
I don't know who thought about it, I don't know why, I'm not even sure original Clash had a world premiere before it landed on GOG lately. I'm still lowkey hyped about it, "Kill, kill, I wanna kill someone".

Gods, I hope they'll keep the cheesy, awful voice acting. I tried replaying it a couple of years ago (I still have the original CD), but the UI was already dated when it came out and it was a chore to play with in the long run. Just hoping they'll keep the price tag reasonable, instead of trying to milk nostalgia.

Anyone else looking forward to Elden Ring? It will be a more open-world, story concentrated Souls-like game. The Dark Souls creators are behind it of course, but George R.R. Martin (A Song of Ice and Fire creator) has helped with it too. There was some gameplay footage released a few days ago to a private audience as well. If anyone is curious to read more up on that, I've dropped a link below.

And the Diablo 2 remaster (Diablo 2: Resurrected ) comes out on September 23rd. I don't know if this series is still popular, but from what I played of the betas, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully they iron out the bugs.

George R. R. Martin's involvement is probably minimal and that's for the best. It looks like a bigger and better Souls game and that's pretty much all I would want from it.

"Surviving Mars" from Paradox is free of charge on steam today. Just downloaded my copy.

EDIT: It Will last until Sep 13th.

Last edited:
I couldn't get past the tutorial, looked like a lot of busywork. Is it any good?
Currently immersed too much into Stellaris to simply jump out... :wink: I upvote the question.

One is for sure. It does have pretty cool recent and overall reviews, 88 and 84 percent respectively. That looks "worth a try" in my eyes.

P.S. Game animations remind me of some sims games... I'm not sure if surviving Mars will be that damn colorful in the real life.

I've had Surviving Mars for a while. I couldn't get into the game. I got passed the annoying boring tutorial and fell off immediately. There's just something about it that is not enjoyable...at least in my opinion. Of other Paradox games in similar feel, I would just recommend Stellaris. It's actually a really addictive game.

George R. R. Martin's involvement is probably minimal and that's for the best. It looks like a bigger and better Souls game and that's pretty much all I would want from it.

It probably is just minimal work and I agree it'd be for the best. He does come up with some rather interesting ideas or rather, is good at providing world building. He's got the issue with being obsessed unhealthy about sex and sexual violence in particular though, but I doubt From is going to let any of that in. They probably did hire him for some of the world building, and that ought to help strength what Dark Souls was lacking in (which isn't to say DS were bad games of course).

What's wrong, don't you enjoy childishly gratuitous sex and violence dressed up as 'adult' storytelling?

That's actually painfully accurate of the series and the author. :lol:

Currently immersed too much into Stellaris to simply jump out... :wink: I upvote the question.

One is for sure. It does have pretty cool recent and overall reviews, 88 and 84 percent respectively. That looks "worth a try" in my eyes.

P.S. Game animations remind me of some sims games... I'm not sure if surviving Mars will be that damn colorful in the real life.
It's good when you get into it, but there's no win condition.
I thought at first there's too much micromanagement (like in the tutorials), but this is just when you start and set up things, after that the drones run things for you and you merely tweak here and there.

There's no challenge unless you set one for yourself (or play the special challenges mode that give you one gimmicky goal) and no competition, despite having theoretical rivals. You can't lose unless you are really bad at it or meteors get you rekt early.
I can't play for long games like this, it's a bit pointless to just go on and on like a farm animal. No challenge, no fun.
**** you Paradox and see you tomorrow. :smile:

Last edited:
It's good when you get into it, but there's no win condition.
I thought at first there's too much micromanagement (like in the tutorials), but this is just when you start and set up things, after that the drones run things for you and you merely tweak here and there.

There's no challenge unless you set one for yourself (or play the special challenges mode that give you one gimmicky goal) and no competition, despite having theoretical rivals. You can't lose unless you are really bad at it or meteors get you rekt early.
I can't play for long games like this, it's a bit pointless to just go on and on like a farm animal. No challenge, no fun.
**** you Paradox and see you tomorrow. :smile:
I see. Still, I'll probably try it myself one day.
P.S. I keep on coming back myself... There are not much more games out there I lost a full night with... Stellaris and Star Trek New Generation (I watch it for the 3rd or 4th time) are now two themes that keep me going :wink:

Stellaris and Star Trek New Generation (I watch it for the 3rd or 4th time) are now two themes that keep me going :wink:
IMHO, Stellaris is also one of those "creative mode" games where the win condition is non-existent or takes too long., so people end up setting their own goals (And let's not talk about the Taleworlds games that no one ever finishes.)
I'm beginning to hate this kind of thing, although it didn't bother me in Minecraft at all, as you could go on exploring there forever. It's just that we are a bit too mortal to grind for wins.
But if you are having fun with it and its many mana systems and no-snowballing cockblocks, more power to you. :smile:

IMHO, Stellaris is also one of those "creative mode" games where the win condition is non-existent or takes too long., so people end up setting their own goals (And let's not talk about the Taleworlds games that no one ever finishes.)
'It is said that what matters is the journey, not the destination' - Star Trek Picard [s01e10] :wink: (knowing T.S. Eliot said it first)

I heard Endless Space 2 can be equally immersive. Wonder if it's worth buying...

'It is said that what matters is the journey, not the destination' - Star Trek Picard [s01e10] :wink: (knowing T.S. Eliot said it first)
True. It does raise the question whether games should be able to be finished at all.
I heard Endless Space 2 can be equally immersive. Wonder if it's worth buying...
Yes, it is, there's some storytelling through event chains and quests (and the win conditions are more varied and achievable). And it's even turn-based which is weird, but works. Its ship design is as basic as in Stellaris though and the battles are cinematic sequences with dice rolls, but still better than Stellaris, since you at least decide on tactics beforehand.
I've been going through all the space strategies in the last year (and haven't really found something that would be as good as Distant Worlds) and it is one of the more enjoyable ones, if you can't into Stellaris like me.
What I've found interesting lately is AoW: Planetfall if you are into HoMM/Civ in a SF setting, mostly for the tactically interesting battles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom