Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mass Effect and Disco Elysium look nice, but also like something you launch and then oops it's two months later. I can't afford that now. I'm happy the NY state is (basically ? ) open and I seriously need to make some money. Maybe when times are not as ****.

I tend not to nitpick too much in general, that’s what growing up with a 45% inflation rate for 30 years straight does to you. You just stop caring about ****.

Hades is amazing, yeah.

S&Box
Pretty much Garry's Mod 2, on the Source 2 engine which looks to be even further moddable than the original as well as having all the added goodies of the Source 2 engine. Probably one of the games I'm looking forward to most, and it's really starting to take shape.

Garry Newman has said that he has plans to make the top game-modes monetized which is possibly concerning, but from what he's said it seems more as if the company will pay them as he expects people to make proper games on it utilizing the engine rather than just simple game modes. I hope it doesn't mean the customer has to pay extra, but we'll find out.

This is where I know I'm becoming a grumpy old man.

This trailer does nothing for me. I watched the whole thing and at the end said "Meh."
But you can justify the grumpy attitude: generic trailer music, another unrealistic fighting game focused on visuals as if more are needed... hopefully they reconsider and make it into a realistic low-fantasy fighting game. For adults and exclusively for PCs! :grin:

It also says nothing about the mechanics, which is contradictory to how everyone interprets Soulsborne games. Almost nobody talks about the story in any FromSoft game nearly as much as they talk about the mechanics and bosses, so having a hypergeneric trailer that focuses entirely on vague story phrases is almost like having a cinematic prerendered trailer for Tetris, and kind of impossible to be excited for.

People can get excited for cinematic story based cutscenes, they just have to show things players are interested in.
EzMHYDgVUAMmc_E.jpg

Last edited:
This looks like it has potential

Cautiously optimistic rather than exited (please don't suck, it's an interesting setting and premise)

This looks like it has potential

Cautiously optimistic rather than exited (please don't suck, it's an interesting setting and premise)
That's a pretty good concept, but has a long way to go. Basically Theme Hospital where the humor is replaced with guilt. :smile:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Coincidentally I (re)bought that today, it's on sale on gog for £1. I happened to see a kinda sorta remake on steam but it looks kinda ugly.

That is one of my wife's favorite games, and it is one of the most British games I have ever seen.

It also says nothing about the mechanics, which is contradictory to how everyone interprets Soulsborne games. Almost nobody talks about the story in any FromSoft game nearly as much as they talk about the mechanics and bosses, so having a hypergeneric trailer that focuses entirely on vague story phrases is almost like having a cinematic prerendered trailer for Tetris, and kind of impossible to be excited for.

People can get excited for cinematic story based cutscenes, they just have to show things players are interested in.
EzMHYDgVUAMmc_E.jpg:large

Yet this is something of a tradition for the Souls series. What's different here? At any rate there's enough there that you can glean some impressions of the new mechanics (actually useful jumping, different mounts available, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom