Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Looks familiar... hmmm
Edit:
The map looks really good, it's similar to bannerlord in many ways and even better in some ways.
873991226_KOH2S-Screenshot06_Diary.jpg.03ed98b926e35ad71e89e0d8f0137ba0.jpg
For context

Last edited:
Been watching them ever since they all of sudden dropped a random screenshot on their social medias all those years ago. Seem to have some interesting ideas on how to improve the game, but don't expect anything else but what it says on the tin, sequel to KoH. They have monthly dev diaries, they're linked on their steam store page, some interesting tidbits there as well.

Kinda hoped they'd make it in 2020, it's just the lead designer and single programmer left from old Black Sea Games, would be interesting to see it back to back with that Troy Total War thing rest of the team spewed out under CA's wing.

I happened to see this on the Epic Store just now. It's early access, and it sounds like it has a very long ways to go, but the devs do make the idea sound interesting:
Defending against wild animals while hunting for food, gathering resources and crafting equipment, building a house and erecting a whole bustling village while founding a family all contribute to a unique gameplay experience across many genres. Tough winters and unexpected events challenge your skills and dexterity as you strive to build your own legacy.

You can choose to follow the main chapters, solve the questlines or just roam around and explore the vast medieval world – but be careful as wolves or bears may try to take a bite from you... Begin with the simplest things for your own survival like hunting and farming as well as building yourself a home. Found a family and have a heir - entice others to live near and work for you, erect many other buildings to transform your settlement into a vibrant village and, ultimately, a thriving dynasty that will reign for generations.

A massive medieval open 3D world awaits… Be aware of harsh winters and unexpected events while honing your skills to turn from a medieval survivor into the ruler of a dynasty. Grab your axe, hammer, or hunting bow - and craft your legacy!

Medieval Dynasty is a unique combination of multiple successful genres:
Survival: The need to survive, feed and ensure survival through hunting, farming and cultivation of the land.
Simulation: Create tools and weapons, construct and extend houses, stables and all manner of buildings as you grow an empire.
Role playing: Develop your own character, interact with NPCs, take care of your family and form community alliances by helping others and trading freely.
Strategy: While pioneering in the Middle Ages you will found and expand a village, manage the inhabitants, collect resources and produce all the goods you need and use or capitalise by trading them.
Features
  • Beautiful and realistic open world 3D landscape with state-of-the-art graphics
  • Full 4 seasons with day/night cycle and realistic weather conditions
  • Interactive environment with trees to fell, various fruit to pluck, stones to collect, caves to explore and many more
  • 18 different buildings with various levels from hay shacks to full stone mansions
  • Over 60 pieces of equipment to craft, including weapons, tools, furniture and clothing
  • Realistic wildlife interaction with plenty of different animals such as wolves, wild boars, deer, rabbits and others
  • All activities will impact on food, water, health and endurance status
  • Detailed skill tree for individual character development
  • Unique events and decisions with direct impact on gameplay
  • Dynasty reputation system triggering events with the king
  • Quests, trade and economy, sandbox option, social connections to NPCs and many more

I've basically just been playing it like a 3D UnRealWorld that is set in the medieval period instead of Dark Age Finland. Quite fun, has a lot of potential.
I was gonna mention URW, but then thought, nah, no one would get it.
I'm not sure this "survive and settle" works in feudal times, as the nearest noble will lay a claim on your puny village. And you don't get to build a "dynasty" if you are a lowly village headman, you need to be ennobled for that. I wonder if they cared enough to explain away these problems.

Don't know if this is welcomed here but i am really looking forward to the sequel of The Forest

This particular trailer blew my mind thinking that the game is made by 5 damn people

No way. :eek:

I didn't see this coming, either: https://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-is-working-on-an-open-world-star-wars-game/
The newly rebranded Lucasfilm Games has announced that Ubisoft is developing an open-world Star Wars game. Wired got the scoop, and a few details: the game is being worked on by Massive Entertainment, developer most recently of The Division and its sequel, and its creative director is Julian Gerighty (director of The Division 2 and the Crew). Development is early days and the game will use Massive's Snowdrop Engine.

A subplot here is that EA had agreed a much-publicised ten year exclusivity deal with the Walt Disney Company for Star Wars games in 2013, which was signed one month after Disney had closed Lucasarts. EA will keep making Star Wars games but there's no further clarity on what's happened here, beyond the fact that Lucasfilm Games is now clearly making Star Wars games with multiple other publishers.

Looks like EA's exclusive rights to make Star Wars games are coming to an end. Hallelujah.

Last edited:
Oh boy, an open-world game from Ubisoft, who ever saw that one coming? Don't get any hopes up, EA lost the license right after they showed signs of starting to care slightly about the games they made with it.

Yep. Gonna be another "Climb tower to reveal map", "slaughter a whole bunch of animals to upgrade stuff" "have ****ty MMO style loot system", and "Passable, but not very amazing combat" game from Ubisoft, with a Star Wars skin slapped on it.

So this looks cool.

Definitely Not Fried Chicken seems like it's gonna be Los Pollos Hermanos simulator, and being a secret drug kingpin sounds like fun. Let's hope it doesn't succ

Holy ****, I remember being hyped for this game until it was suddenly cancelled because games weren't allowed to cover real conflicts newer than Vietnam. Hopefully it'll be good.

Finally a game where you can play as a freedom fighter willing to sacrifice his life against well-armed imperialist occupiers.
"My ancestors are smiling at me, Bob, can you say the same?"
Edit: Oh no, wtf?

Yesterday, I was playing with my clan and they were hyped for the new trailers for Diablo 4. I checked out the website and I found something that hyped me up way way more.

Diablo 2 gets a remaster. There is soo much nostalgia for me connected to that game. I remeber sneaking into my brothers room at night to watch him play. ( And him getting yelled at for using the internet for online play when it was still very expensive.) Every other year I still come back to Diablo II to play it because of it's timeless gameplay. I think my latest run isn't older than two month :grin:. Diablo 2 is still fun today so I hope that Blizzard doesn't **** this up and that the game can only get better.

Back
Top Bottom