Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Performance looks very choppy to be honest...

Did anyone like Ultimate General: Civil war? I enjoyed my campaigns in that one very much since even tactical victories didn't guarantee operational success.

The AI scaling in UG:CW is some of the worst I've ever seen in a game. It's hilariously bad. They have this dynamic combat system but with the most rigid undynamic levels.

It's not surprising that this was made by the same guy who made darthmod(s) for NTW and ETW, because those have some of the same idiotic design decisions.

Hopefully it'll be as good as Sierra's Civil War Generals 2 was (which I really wish was available on GOG, because I freaking miss having that game), because CWG2 was THE best tactical US Civil War game.
It was one of the first games my older brother bought for our PC, in a pack with Caesar II and Lords of the Realm II. Little stupid me never figured out the first thing about how to actually play the damn thing (not that I would be any better now, strategy isn't my thing), but I really liked the little FMV clips from battle reenactments that played with every attack, even if there were only a handful of them.

Remember En Garde!, that promising little graduation project about swashbuckling and physycs shenanigans? Well, the team behind it has reunited to form their own studio and, judging by the gifs on their Twitter account they're still very much in a swashbuckling mood and planning to do something in a similar vein. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

Remember En Garde!, that promising little graduation project about swashbuckling and physycs shenanigans? Well, the team behind it has reunited to form their own studio and, judging by the gifs on their Twitter account they're still very much in a swashbuckling mood and planning to do something in a similar vein. I'll be keeping an eye on them.

I didn't know these guys, and thanks for sharing.

The fact is that I downloaded the game from their website and frankly if this is a career-ending project, they have a really promising future. The game doesn't offer any innovative mechanics (for what little I've played), it's more like an assasssin's creed hack'n slash style; however the physics, lighting, optimization, sound, art and so on is very well achieved considering how first time they are as a studio.

I've found it funny that the initial menu is "compositively" identical to Bannerlord's... curious :lol: .

I was hoping those guys would keep making games. That's great to hear. :smile:

The only thing I'm sour about is that En Garde won't let me play any more. I suppose it could be a bug, but it feels like it was a deliberate decision by the devs.

HUMANKIND just finished their opendev thing with sending out access to some in-game scenarios to people that applied for it and, among of other people videos, they had some streams playing through those themselves.

I honestly haven't been so hyped for a game before... well, maybe Rebuild 3 came close, but that was mainly due to nostalgia.

TW: Troy has been claimed 7.5 million times.

I can't believe so many player's introduction to Total War will be through... This :smile:

“We were optimistic but we couldn’t have predicted this level of excitement,” says chief production officer Rob Bartholomew. “Now we get to welcome so many strategy players—new and old—to experience this incredible Saga.”

>Offer literally free game
>Summer, everyone is at home, most house-bound year in human history
>About 5% of the people who have heard of total war get it
"wow so much excitement great to see the enthusiasm of our fans!!"

lol

It's been claimed 7.5 million times but less than 5% of those will likely still be playing it in a month.

Yeah... Not only that but how many people out of the 7.5 million who claimed it will ever even install it.

I claimed the game, closed the launcher, and forgot all about it again. I've heard mixed things about it though - people were trashing it pre-release, but now I'm seeing more people praise it, so I'm not really sure what to think.

Back
Top Bottom