Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pax Nova is going to officially release and the update it will get seems really juicy. Throughout the whole EA devs were improving game vastly with every update and they did a lot to change the game loop for the better. With the last two patches you can actually give a bunch of playthroughs to the game and enjoy them.

That being said, I can't really recommend buying it. I'm just really excited because I was a sucker and bought it way back when it got into early access.

Last edited:
They're remaking the original Mafia game - Definitive Edition - because that's what all the cool kids are doing.
No real trailer yet, but some nice images. Release 28. August.

They've also remade Mafia II, which still has no ending and looks about the same.
Also Mafia III, which is "only" 4 years old, and also looks about the same. Weird.

I loved Mafia 1 so much back in the day, I'll be looking forward to this one. I just hope they keep faithful to the original (i.e: speed limits and traffic lights attracting police attention, etc.)

I'll ignore the other 2.

Last edited:
I checked some reviews about Mafia II Definitive, and when I learned that the file size jumped from 8Gb to 32Gb I was stupefied. I'd give it a pass if the size increase would have been minor, but 32Gb for so little difference in LOD? Why even bother?
In my eyes, this is a big opportunity missed. I'd have loved to see all the games remastered with the same fidelity, like Mafia I is going to be quality-wise, but they just plainly botched everything.

They've also remade Mafia II, which still has no ending and looks about the same.
Shush, the ending is there and it is pretty great. I loved the subtlety and that it was not shown at all. Where they screwed it all was all that bringing Joe back crap in Mafia III. He should have stayed dead.

Well, Total War: Troy will be an Epic exclusive title and free to claim within the first 24 hours.

That was unexpected.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/a-total-war-saga-troy-on-epic-games-store/

Oh boy that is actually somewhat tempting.
But they are going to drain everyones pokets with DLC anyway.
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Achilles or Troy would be paid dlc.
I mean Chaos was also DLC when Total War Warhammer released. I am not a big fan of Warhammer but from my understanding everybody wanted to play as these evil guys.

[...], it’ll just be a year until it’s available on Steam.
Oh well, at least that makes sure I won't be tempted to buy the game anywhere near release.

Is there anything like the Steam Workshop on Epic, though? I wonder if there's gonna be as much mod support as there is for, say, Rome 2: TW.

Yeah, their core team is working on TW: Warhammer 3 for sure (and that's where most of their development budget goes). I think they have a relatively small team in Romania or something that works on the Saga games, but it still has their brand and all their marketing between now and TW: Warhammer 3 will be about Troy.

Back
Top Bottom