Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Imagine having to take your glasses on and off in a game; now that would be sacrificing gameplay for realism. Get to reading distance and have to take my glasses off to read a book, then look up to have a conversation with someone fifteen feet away and worry that I am glaring like a lunatic while I try to focus on their ever-so-slightly blurry eyes. Decide after a while that my decrepit lenses simply aren't going to adjust properly, and put my glasses back on. Then sit down to eat something and get a headache because everything is too close, and take off the damn glasses again...

Tried out the demo yesterday. The environment and graphics generally look good (aside from the atrocious blur). Perhaps a bit bright for a gothic game. It could be a pretty decent RPG, had they chosen to go with a new IP instead of trying to remake Gothic, because it appears that they have fundamentally misunderstood the themes of Gothic 1. It was apparent right from the get-go in the opening how you arrived in the colony.

Combat has the same three directions as the Gothic games, but feels very clunky to use, especially since it seems like they are going for fighting groups of enemies, but it does work decently with fighting 1 on 1 too. Pretty much just ripped it from For Honor. I liked the slow pacing in both exploration and combat, though I find it clashing with basically being able to sprint indefinitely by tapping the sprint button rather than holding it in (same as in witcher 3).

To be honest, the whole thing felt like a console port of a game.

Still, it is an interesting strategy that I haven't seen before. Demo to see if they should proceed with a project.

Definitely a preferable concept to selling EA and then abandoning the game. Is the target locking similar to KCD, where it's super confusing at first but once figured out isn't too bad?

Odd Realm. It seems to be a Initiation for Dwarf Fortress, but with UI. Here's hoping development keeps adding some depth to it

If you were interested in playing Dwarf Fortress, but found the insane learning curve too high: play this instead. You can basically figure out all the core loops of Dwarf Fortress with helpful tutorials and much more intuitive UIs, and if you want a deeper version of the same stuff, then maybe later try Dwarf Fortress.

I've been following 2 games on Kickstarter that I think could become little indie hits.
They also quickly reached their goals.

I'M GONNA COOM

If you haven't played Always Sometimes Monsters, I recommend it fully and without reservation. This sequel lets you import saves and it's amazing and I am momentarily happy.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh let me have this

Honestly though the more I watch it the more ungood I feel. The best things about Samurai Jack were the 2D art and the frequent tense, slow burn sections before the action. This game obviously opted for 3D instead of 2D, and the tone of the trailer doesn't seem to indicate any of that tension.

Still, slicing things as Jack will probably be fun enough on its own, I hope.

Did anyone check this game out? It looks like a very original city-builder. Judging by the concept, it's a vastly evolved version of Banished, but with more freedom for building your settlement.

Random gameplay video:

Man, the complete lack of lighting makes it hard to look at for more than a few minutes. :smile:

Apropos: Foundation is looking better and better. But I haven't tried it. €30 is steep for an unfinished product.

FYI, there is a game called Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord, which will be released tomorrow. I heard it's going to be good.

Back
Top Bottom