Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Densetsu said:
Jhnking said:
Slev said:
I've never played a Telltale game. I feel like I could experience the same thing if I watch a youtuber play it. Ergo, it's a movie interrupted by the occasional button press.
Pretty much this. I do enjoy their writing for the most part, but why the hell would I buy it when I can just go watch a youtuber play it?

Why buy that great new album by Mc****tington Generic Band when I can just listen to it on YouTube?

Why buy that great TV series with [ACTOR] when I can just watch it on YouTube?

Confirmed Pirate, ban.

Because you don't get an urge to play the walking dead while you're on a train or in the Gobi desert. Playing the Walking Dead is a 1shot experience, while music is something you listen to repeatedly. Even so there's plenty of music I haven't bought because it's on youtube and I listen to it whenever I get bored of spamming the greatest song of all time, Perfect Plan by Wale.

Densetsu said:
Why buy that great new album by Mc****tington Generic Band when I can just listen to it on YouTube?

Why buy that great TV series with [ACTOR] when I can just watch it on YouTube?

Confirmed Pirate, ban.

I'd buy the album because I could listen to it in the car.

As for the TV series, dunno, don't watch TV.

I get the point, it's to support the company, but I'm a cheap bastard with no job and would rather buy an actual game that I can spend hours playing rather then an interactive movie that pretends to give you choice but really is pretty linear.

Especially when the entire experience of the game is on youtube for free.

I listen to Spotify. I don't buy music. (I tried to give Spotify money once, but their credit card applet never loaded, so I will never give them money.)

Everyone always says to watch playthroughs of Taletale games on YouTube, but that's like saying, "Go sit behind that annoying loud guy who thinks he's hilarious at the theatre and pay attention to him and his disgustingly exaggerated emotions so he gets YouTube money instead of watching the movie yourself."

Not all youtubers are like that. There are also several Longplay channels which are basically commentaryless playthroughs. When there's a linear game I don't really fell like buying/playing I watch that while I'm drawing or something. It's pretty therapeutic especially if the player makes no mistakes.

Does mods enter here too?

Anyway. Probably all on this month my 3 favorite mods ever will receive huge updates!

First, Ultimate Apocalypse mod for Dawn of War Soulstorm patch coming December 10 with new units and a revamped tier 5 system.

Second. Forgotten Hope 2, Battlefield 2's mod  will after years receive the Eastern Front (4 Eastern front maps + Pegasus Bridge normandy map)

And now the most anticipated is the next major Europa Barbarorum 2 release! With complete Polybian and the marian reform as well for the Romani!

Coming with this:
-around 60 new units and new mounts
-animation fixes and improvements
-LODs for new and old units(for a smoother experience)
-campaign and battlemap sound fixes(eg. voice mods)
-new faction intros
-menu changes and improvements
-new reforms

A complete revision of the battlespace in terms of unit stats and performance. Every single unit has been reviewed and amended, that review including (but not limited to) standardisation of movement, attack, defensive skill, fatigue and morale, missile range and impact; a consistent approach to special qualities (including wholesale removal of ap from missile units); rebalancing of mass and cohesion; reworking of cavalry, skirmishers and missile units so that each actually functions as intended; fix to phalanxes so that they actually work as the anvil. Consider 2.01 where javelineers didn't throw their missiles, phalanxes were spongy and easily infiltrated, precursor spearmen were a pushover in melee, elephants didn't work, cavalry charges were feeble and horsemen gods in melee, the list goes on.
Re-costing of every single unit on a consistent formula so that we no longer have oddities like Xystophoroi being both better and cheaper than Hippeis. Now unit size, equipment, training and status determine what they cost, which is consistent across rosters.
Change of many factional bodyguard units with either new permanent units or placeholders more like the intended ones (Getai, Bosporans, Nabataeans, Epeiros).
A complete overhaul of almost every single government building and the recruitment it provides; Hellenistic factional buildings no longer provide Hellenistic units (only locals - except the Royal/Dynastic Administration); addition of local auxiliary support to the Roman Provincia building after the Marian reform; every faction has access to at least one building providing local recruitment options. Significant expansion of local differentiation in recruitment, with the addition of a dozen new hidden_resources.
Allied Governments re-done. Client Rulers added to the Allied Government precursor building.
Reconcepting and rewriting of the colonies system (both Hellenistic and Native) to be distinctive and provide different units to the factional governments.
Numerous fixes to all the old scripted events (reforms, colonisation, independence etc), which have been reviewed, tested and updated to function as designed. This includes a now-functioning Koinon Hellenon Reform - something that was broken from the earliest public releases.
New faction missions (Baktria, Boii, more to come) and tribute/independence scripts for Baktria and Hayastan.
New reform events for the Hellenistic military and Romani.
The mercenary system reviewed, restructured and rebuilt. All mercenary unit costs revised in line with the new unit cost formula. Changing roster over time implemented.
Review and reworking of all starting garrisons and armies.
Review and correction of many of the traits and ancillaries. As some examples, inheritance is now working better, and you can get a physician ancillary outside of a settlement with a level 3 Fertility temple.

Its a good month to be on vacation  :grin:

Tell Tale games are worth picking up even if just on sale, they get good sales. Not a lot of replayability but they're quite a nice ride. Definitely better to play them than watch people play them.

Europa Barbarorum 2 update? **** yeah, I need to try that still.

Docm30 said:
I'm still waiting for news on when the government is going to finally round up everyone that buys joke simulator games.
I was mainly just posting to track the thread.
Vieira said:
Joke?! You seen the detail they are going into for that damned Ant game?  :lol:
I might as well put the most recent update here too, in case anyone cares.

jacobhinds said:
Not all youtubers are like that. There are also several Longplay channels which are basically commentaryless playthroughs. When there's a linear game I don't really fell like buying/playing I watch that while I'm drawing or something. It's pretty therapeutic especially if the player makes no mistakes.
Do you have a list of great silent let's plays or something? If I need an LP in the background I usually just play the Jurassic Park: Trespasser one that was Ringwraith's favourite, but it's getting kind of old despite how awesome it is.

jacobhinds said:
Just type "longplay" on youtube and if you like the game, you'll like the Longplay. There isn't really much to distinguish them since they're played less efficiently than speedruns but still always use the most efficient movesets/paths to 100% the game.
Thanks!

Vraelomon said:
Docm30 said:
I'm still waiting for news on when the government is going to finally round up everyone that buys joke simulator games.
I was mainly just posting to track the thread.
Vieira said:
Joke?! You seen the detail they are going into for that damned Ant game?  :lol:
I might as well put the most recent update here too, in case anyone cares.
That looks rad as ****. I really liked Microids' Empire of the ants, and averything about ants, really.

Just found this, news that Battlefield 5 is being developed and may be released next year. Absolutely no details about the game yet other than it is in the works. I haven't made a thread because I'm not very interested in it to be honest, but thought I'd share the news here in case someone who will bother to open a thread and keep it updated with news and vids wants to do so:

http://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-5-is-currently-in-development-says-dice-rep/

Back
Top Bottom