Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

No real news on this, but it was the coolest video on the PS5 stream.

This one was also nice, but not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Hmmm. It looks impressive, but I am not keen on the face and voice of Tommy in this updated version. He is immediately less likable than the original, looking and sounding less like the good man Thomas Angelo started out as and more like a sort of shifty wise-guy character who actively sought to become a gangster. The original was a story of a basically good young man, drawn into the criminal life by circumstance and whose values were challenged and corrupted slightly over the years, but someone who always retained his humanity and a sense of right and wrong. His appearance and the voice reflected that. This new version sounds like a very different character, more akin to the player character in Mafia 2. With this in mind, I wonder if the story will begin in the same way, with Tommy as an honest young taxi driver reluctantly becoming a gangster. In any case, I don't think I will enjoy this new Tommy as much.

Set after the Empire got its arse kicked in Return of the Jedi, you'll be flying for the New Republic or the dregs of the Empire, out for revenge. You'll be able to get into first-person dogfights in both the singleplayer campaign and 5v5 multiplayer.

It's not too far off, either. It's coming on October 2 via Steam, Origin and the Epic Games Store. Everyone will be able to play together, too, regardless of platform, thanks to crossplay between the PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game. Expect VR support on PS4 and PC, too.

While the trailer doesn't give us a look at any in-game footage, EA's going to be showing off some gameplay during its EA Play even on June 18.

I'm glad we're getting a starfighter game, but I'll wait a few days and see what the gameplay looks like before I get excited. I mean, I'm a little excited: A modern Star Wars starfighter game is something I dream about. However, I know this likely won't be the game of my dreams, though I hope it'll still be good. 5v5 multiplayer seems a strange choice. I'm not holding out much hope for the singleplayer story, either, not after EA Battlefront 2's singleplayer campaign. This is EA, after all. It wouldn't surprise me if they **** it up again.

I'm still not sure what to think of the gameplay. I do think the graphics look rather ugly. Maybe I'm just tired, but I think I'm less excited now than I was when this was first announced.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that and my jaw dropped. Monumentally horrible. I also like how they haven't finished whatever animation they have for walls falling down so they just showed two separate images.
The fact that this is the same team that made Knights of Honor and is going on to make Knights of Honor II is just deflating. I hope they just phoned this one in and that they aren't actually a gashed company now.

Yeah I saw that and my jaw dropped. Monumentally horrible. I also like how they haven't finished whatever animation they have for walls falling down so they just showed two separate images.
The fact that this is the same team that made Knights of Honor and is going on to make Knights of Honor II is just deflating. I hope they just phoned this one in and that they aren't actually a gashed company now.

Wait, the team making Knights of Honor II are the same ones behind Total War: Troy?! I thought Black Sea Games was a different studio from the former Black Sea Studios that is now CA Sofia.

Last edited:
Yeah, those are different studios, KoH guys are now under wings of THQ Nordic.

EDIT: To clarify a bit more, while CA thing happened to them, Black Sea Studios remained active/got resurrected as Black Sea Games with just two people left (their lead designer and one of the programmers) and they kept teasing about some mysterious, suspiciously medieval and knight-ly, game until they officially announced KoH2 and the deal with THQ Nordic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom