Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pathfinder:Kingmaker, seems right up my alley, and I regret missing the KS for it, since now I can't access the beta :sad: gotta wait till September to play it.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/total-war-three-kingdoms-e3-2018-preview
That said, players can also expect tactical options in the form of new units and formations. Given promised that later in the campaign, players would have access to more unique formations. He also pointed to a hybrid unit in the game, a spearman that's also archer. This allows the unit to help break through enemy lines and hold positions, while laying down ranged fire at the same time.
Pike and Shot Total War when?

Captured Joe said:
https://www.usgamer.net/articles/total-war-three-kingdoms-e3-2018-preview
That said, players can also expect tactical options in the form of new units and formations. Given promised that later in the campaign, players would have access to more unique formations. He also pointed to a hybrid unit in the game, a spearman that's also archer. This allows the unit to help break through enemy lines and hold positions, while laying down ranged fire at the same time.
Pike and Shot Total War when?

They're just going to be archers holding spears, mark my words. CA has had trouble building up hype for new games seeing as they're essentially the same, so their most recent tactic is to describe a standard feature of previous games using weird obtuse language to make it sound new.

Captured Joe said:
But this says it can shoot and engage in melee at the same time. So apparently it's more of a mixed unit, like a Tercio! :shock:

The sentence is ambiguous and could just as easily mean that they're not made to do bith at the same time.

Yea, they featured prominently in the recent Gamescon ambush video. Basically the front rank just stands still and halts an entire unit while the rear ranks fire over their shoulders. Seems pretty stupid, to be honest. It looks really weird how one dude in the front rank just body blocks 5 dudes of the enemy formation by standing stationary without a shield or anything until he dies and some poor sap drops his bow to take his place.

TheFlyingFishy said:
Yea, they featured prominently in the recent Gamescon ambush video. Basically the front rank just stands still and halts an entire unit while the rear ranks fire over their shoulders. Seems pretty stupid, to be honest. It looks really weird how one dude in the front rank just body blocks 5 dudes of the enemy formation by standing stationary without a shield or anything until he dies and some poor sap drops his bow to take his place.

Lol, Sun Jian's (at the time) three year old daughter who has only a passing mention in the Shu histories and isn't even mentioned in Wu's is one of his finest generals at the time of the coalition against Dong Zhuo? Clearly they haven't at all listened to their historical consultant Dr. Rafe de Crespigny, because there's no way he would have told them that.

I'm really enjoying Assassin's Creed Origins, more than I thought.
I think it learned a lot of valuable lessons from the likes of Witcher 3 (sadly, not in storytelling, which is from disappointing to bad). The world is jaw-dropping, the reconstruction great - even if it has some liberties, of course - and the combat is pretty funny, despite many over the top elements. There's a lot of grind to be done, but that's not a big deal to me. Gone are, mostly, Assassin's Creed lore elements, such as the modern day story and continous references to Templars and Assassins and gone are (again, for the most part) the tracking missions.

So, even if it will be kinda more of the same + Black Flag elements, bigger battles and even more RPG elements, there's no way I'm not excited about a sequel set in V century Greece. Oh, it's betraying the AC formula? AT LAST, I SAY! I'm not preordering, of course, but daaaamn, this kinda trailer really works with my feeble mind.

Those absolute dip****s have depicted the Temple of Olympian Zeus in Roman style. I don't understand how you spend years and tens of millions of dollars and still make mistakes that a quick glance at the wikipedia article would have corrected.

Anyway, the Unity engine recreation of the Athens Acropolis I made was more accurate and better looking. They should be ashamed.

Tennessee Jack said:
Those absolute dip****s have depicted the Temple of Olympian Zeus in Roman style. I don't understand how you spend years and tens of millions of dollars and still make mistakes that a quick glance at the wikipedia article would have corrected.

Anyway, the Unity engine recreation of the Athens Acropolis I made was more accurate and better looking. They should be ashamed.

Well, in AC II they included Santa Croce's church in Florence...with the XIX century facade. I think I will survive this one, too :grin:

The thing that bugs me the most about AC Odyssey is that they apparently have removed the shield from your character. Ok, I've barely used the damn thing in Origins, but how can you have a character in this setting going into combat without a shield, especially when pretty much every NPC has one. Even if it was just for show, the shield should be there.

The worst thing about it is the squandered opportunity. Here you are using the wonders of modern technology to make a theme park version of ancient Athens because it sells when they could just as easily have striven for accuracy and given people the opportunity to have a walk in our best understanding of what one of the ancient world's most famous cities was like. Sad!

Back
Top Bottom