Upcoming games you nitpicky ****bags look forward to ***** about in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Holy smokes, you're still around Densetsu? Also, you are right.

Yes, I am still alive.
m1fOV9X.gif

Asylum Demon would like to have a word with you.

There's always been some gimmick usage of jumping, that doesn't mean jumping has been a useful mechanic overall beyond a few random spots where you need to use it. Elden Ring appears to have jumping more similar to Dragon's Dogma, where it's a useful traversal mechanic.

Couple juicy ones on the horizon.

NEOLITHIC
c873d0263b7041be8ea2901d89da9b44_original.jpg

Age Of Empires style city-builder with citizen management and individual needs set in the Neolithic era, with a never-ending open map and of course, warfare. Pretty much a dream come true in my eyes, and is fairly far through development though with no release date yet. The developer also plans to add multiplayer in further down the line as one of his main goals.

NOTE: This Kickstarter trailer is fairly out-dated now, and you can hop onto the discord to see more recent updates and further information.

And of course:

COMPANY OF HEROES 3

A return to the Company of Heroes series, which seems to take bigger inspiration from the first game with a bigger emphasis on base-building. It also features a turn-based Campaign map similar to something like the Total War games, but obviously on a different scale. Looks pretty nice so far.

Hey, who the **** cares! I’ve been waiting for COH3 forever, I’ll take North Africa and Italy every day over that COH wannabe Iron Harvest.

Now seriously: A 1939-40 COH featuring France, Poland, Belgium, the early BEF, etc. would be amazing indeed.

Not. Another. Late. WW2. Setting. Please.

A chance for battle of France wasted :sad:
That's market forces for you.
Americans need to like it -> WW2 campaigns featuring Americans.
(Also make every space game world full of Americans with token Brits/French/Russians/but-not-Germans and call a supposedly Earth vessel SSV Normandy! The future Germans surely didn't mind that!)
What we (in Europe) need to do to break the hold of this cultural imperialism is:
1. To outperform the Americans economically and have more disposable income. It also works if the Americans have less of it through some kind of economic disaster that affects the rest of the world less (not very realistic).
2. Increase the European share in mainstream entertainment companies to gently push the themes in entertainment to be more universal/Eurocentric.
3. It also works if the Americans lose international prestige in some way, like if they elect Trump or similar who will do something really stupid/evil or lose a war (like in Afghanistan, but with actual desperate rearguard fighting, see also Vietnam). That way less kids around the world would like to play as US marines or something and would look for other role models, like, I dunno, stern-faced Chinese commandos? French special forces? Anyone that looks like a professional and not a belligerent cowboy.

Last edited:
I really wonder whether there is some sort of cultural obligation to stress the war crimes (and genocide) of a party and give them proper representation. The reason why it felt so goofy in CoH2 was because Soviet part was hilariously exagerrated and at the same time Wehrmacht was basically a faceless meaningless enemy, creating a strange contrast. From dramatic and story-telling perspective, however, CoH1 Panzer Lehr campaign worked really well even though (or maybe because) it didn't get into anything political or ethical beyond war is bad.

Was a huge fan of Battlefront's early Combat Mission titles, though later releases as they departed from WW2 era and ventured into future conflicts not so much, but I've gotta say their latest addition Combat Mission Cold War has piqued my interest. Available on Steam and planned for release this year.

I really wonder whether there is some sort of cultural obligation to stress the war crimes (and genocide) of a party and give them proper representation. The reason why it felt so goofy in CoH2 was because Soviet part was hilariously exagerrated and at the same time Wehrmacht was basically a faceless meaningless enemy, creating a strange contrast. From dramatic and story-telling perspective, however, CoH1 Panzer Lehr campaign worked really well even though (or maybe because) it didn't get into anything political or ethical beyond war is bad.
If there would be any as you put it "cultural obligation" then we may at some point expect things like e.g. "concentration camps dlc" in HoI4. Party's crimes and atrocities fall in the same bucket. Love both CoH and HoI but would not play it myself with "full immersion" and historical (not political) correctness.

Edit. At least for me it would be too bitter pill to swallow.

Couple juicy ones on the horizon.

NEOLITHIC
c873d0263b7041be8ea2901d89da9b44_original.jpg

Age Of Empires style city-builder with citizen management and individual needs set in the Neolithic era, with a never-ending open map and of course, warfare. Pretty much a dream come true in my eyes, and is fairly far through development though with no release date yet. The developer also plans to add multiplayer in further down the line as one of his main goals.

NOTE: This Kickstarter trailer is fairly out-dated now, and you can hop onto the discord to see more recent updates and further information.

This looks neat. Thanks for sharing.

Can we get a game where the Germans are the good guys please

Kind of hard to be the primary belligerent in both World Wars, and get to be called the good guy.

Unless you just mean the protagonist (which doesn't necessarily have to be "good", there's lots of media where the protagonist is "evil"). In which case, it would be interesting to see. It's been done in movies (like Das Boot), so the only reason why it can't/won't be done in a video game is because it's interactive.

Back
Top Bottom