Need More Info Unresponsive Menu Button(s) Bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello! I'm extremely excited to dive into Bannerlord, but I've been wrestling with an issue that makes the game unplayable. When I boot into the game, my mouse cursor moves and is responsive, and buttons highlight when I mouse over them and so on, but I can't click anything in about half of the menus. In the main menu and options menu I can only select or click on options on the top half of the screen, and if I try to start a campaign, resume a campaign, access a custom battle, or change the gamma, the game doesn't freeze, but the buttons act like there's simply no functionality to them. I'm baffled as to what could cause this, I've already tried troubleshooting it to the best of my abilities. I verified my game files and they all checked out, so I deleted and re-downloaded the whole game and it's still not working. I also tried to toggle between multiple resolutions and window modes, but the game refused to store my settings and kept reverting to borderless window and the "desktop resolution" mode on startup, so I haven't been able to test many options there. I was hoping if I manually changed things in the 3 config files in my documents folder that the game would boot into the configuration I wanted to troubleshoot in, but unfortunately it didn't work. I've attached the configuration files in case someone who know's what they're doing sees this. Thanks in advance, I tried to be as specific as possible but this is my first time making one of these kinds of reports so I apologize if the information was mostly useless.

Link to the config files in case they could help with investigating the issue.

Hi, I've informed the developers about this issue and we will find a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, please update me if the new patch e1.0.1 has solved the issue.

Hello! What is your operation system and its version? Are you playing with a guest account or an administrator account. Do you have any kind of resolution scaling on your Windows settings? Also, do you have anything that may prevent files being read or written to Documents folder(like the ransomware protection feature of windows).

Last edited:
I'm having this exact issue as well.

1. Window's 10; Version 1607
2. Administrator account. I've set steam and the game's .exe files to run as administrator.
3. Resolution scaling is set to just 100%
4. Unsure on this one

Hi, I've informed the developers about this issue and we will find a fix as soon as possible. In the meantime, please update me if the new patch e1.0.1 has solved the issue.
Thanks for the response! I'm not sure if the patch explicitly fixed it, but I ended up just switching to a new rig and playing the game there for now and I haven't encountered the same bug.

Hello! What is your operation system and its version? Are you playing with a guest account or an administrator account. Do you have any kind of resolution scaling on your Windows settings? Also, do you have anything that may prevent files being read or written to Documents folder(like the ransomware protection feature of windows).
OS is windows 10, 64 bit, full administrator privileges with UAC turned off and no programs that I'm aware of preventing the writing of data to and from files on my computer. I have no resolution scaling, the res is 1920x1080. Thanks for your response! Like I said in the above response, I tried playing onna different PC and I'm not having the issue any more, so I'm not sure what would be causing it on my main rig. I appreciate everything you're all doing to patch this game so quickly.

Hello i have the same problem, when i click the options menu this happends,my ransomware protection seems to be off
Mount__Blade_Ii_Bannerlord_Screenshot_2020.04.02_-_00.27.03.52.png

I have the same problem as well. The mouse icon moves the full width and height of the screen, but only the top left quadrant is responsive to hovering and clicking. This has happened both in the menus and in the campaign map. From what I can tell, its not that the buttons or other interactive selections have become unresponsive to clicks, but rather it seems almost as if the mouse is stuck at an invisible wall that is out of sync with the mouse icon and I'm left clicking on the wrong button, or nothing at all. For instance, in the settings menu, when I place the mouse icon on the furthest right button, the middle button is still hover highlighted, and if I click it will open the middle menu and not the menu my mouse icon is currently on. Thanks for the support, and I hope I get to play soon, looks incredible.

Windows 10
Processor - Intel(R)Xeon(R) 3.10GHZ
RAM - 32GB
Grphics - Radeon TM Pro WX 4100

Resolution set to native 1680 x 1050 at 100%

Still having the same problem but did a little testing. I discovered that if set the settings to windowed mode and a small resolution size and positioned the now tiny game window so that it all lies within the top left quadrant of the screen, everything is responsive. If I move the game window across the midline down and/or to the right, any element within the window that lies beyond the top left quadrant of the screen becomes unresponsive. Not sure if that is helpful, but its certainly a weird interaction.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

I began having this problem yesterday while running 1.5.2. The game runs normally up until the point where I select a saved game to play. When I click load, it processes for a few seconds and then goes back to the way it was before; the "load" button becomes completely unresponsive. I've been using the same mods for quite some time, but the game only started acting up recently. I tried deleting my save files except one and running the game offline, but it still hasn't worked. Has anyone found any new solutions?

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB

I began having this problem yesterday while running 1.5.2. The game runs normally up until the point where I select a saved game to play. When I click load, it processes for a few seconds and then goes back to the way it was before; the "load" button becomes completely unresponsive. I've been using the same mods for quite some time, but the game only started acting up recently. I tried deleting my save files except one and running the game offline, but it still hasn't worked. Has anyone found any new solutions?

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.60 GHz
RAM 8.00 GB
Hi, can you try removing all of your mods, verifying your game files and recreating this on a new unmodded game? If you still have problem loading an unmodded save file, I can forward this to the developers. However, we cannot offer technical support for modded games.

Back
Top Bottom