[Unresolved] Connection to server is lost?

Users who are viewing this thread

Getting the same issue. Worked fine yesterday, today I can't join any high player servers. I tried to connect 10 times and restarted my game each time, but it kept failing. Judging by other people's comments, this issue pops up randomly and then disappears again. Well, I didn't want to wait for it to fix itself.

By the way, I tried the radio thing, just to amuse whoever suggested it, but obviously it didn't work.

The game has problems connecting, so it seems to be connection related. I went to my documents and looked inside the file "rgl_config.txt". There is a line "max_number_of_connections = 16".

I changed it to 8 and I could then join all servers.

I changed it back to 16 and I couldn't join anymore.

I changed it to 128 and most servers didn't show up in the server browser anymore.

The game seems to have problems with high amount of connections. So I lowered it to 12 and now I seem to be able to join most servers just fine.

So, a possible workaround for this issue is to open the file "rgl_config.txt" in your documents. And change the line "max_number_of_connections" to 8.

Note that Windows 7 has two of such files that both need to be modified:

Vincenzo said:
On Windows 7 there are two rgl_config.txt files that both need to be modified. You can find them in the following locations.

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband\
C:\Users\(username)\Documents\Mount&Blade Warband\

I hope it works for you guys too!

What's new in version 1.153:

Common:
- Troop AI for choosing weapon for different situations has been updated.
- Ranged troop AI not being able to choose a target under certain circumstances bug has been fixed.
- New operations for modders.
- Some fixes and operation enhancements for modders.

Single player:
- Town economies are now more balanced.
- Several other bug fixes.

Multiplayer:
- Two new multiplayer maps have been added: Canyon and Desert Town.
- HTTP communication has been rewritten due to connection issues reported by players.

i just recieved the update this morning, is it possible that the second listed multiplayer update addresses our problem or is this something else?

It possibly could if all of the people reporting this do not have steam. Steam auto-updated to that...however on the flipside that also means that it could be whats causing the issues.

I get an issue where the first server I try to connect to results in the connection being lost.  I can't rejoin the server until 20 seconds or so due to "Someone is already using your profile name."  Then I can join and it works fine.

It's an annoying issue, but not very gamebreaking.  I run this on Steam.

Same problem as the original poster, I'd like an explanation. I also do not have a rgl_config.txt file in my Appdata, only in my documents. I've tried configuring secure connections, max connections, and single threading, all to no avail.

I have the same problem as already told.

I haven't played M&B Napoleonic Wars for a while, it worked without any problems. But now, I can play between 2-15 minutes, then I'm dropping out.

This is really annoying especially when you're playing the commander battle mode.

I would love to have a solution here.

Greetings from Germany.

Arthy

Well, something new? I'm still falling out of the game after a few minutes in the napoleonic mod.

WOW!  I honestly thought I was the only one with this problem.  I started getting this problem several months ago.  I have been thinking it was my cable internet all this time. 

A couple things: 

1. The reason I thought it was my connection is because my cable modem is sitting right there on my desk.  When I get disconnected from a Warband server, I see a couple of the lights ("online" and "link" lights) on the modem go out for maybe 4 or 5 seconds then come back on and my internet connection returns.  The power light and downstream lights stay on.  I don't know how the game could cause this...maybe there's something inherent in the game connection that causes a lot of line "noise" and just causes the modem to crash?  Perhaps a "Steam" thing?  I have no clue.

2. Until recently, I haven't been playing any other online games.  When I started playing another game roughly 2 weeks ago, I noticed I wasn't disconnecting.  Having that happen plus reading all these comments leads me to believe there is something goofy with Warband. 

This might help some of you to play a bit longer.
It helped my friend playing instead of 5 min 30 min to an hour.

Go to the config File in you my documents/Mount&blade warband.

Open the RGL_Config.txt

search secure conection. ( or something like this it is very far down)
If it a 1change it to a 0
if it is a 0 change it to a 1.

If this did not help I am sorry
Just trying to help

Dion/Folcwar said:
This might help some of you to play a bit longer.
It helped my friend playing instead of 5 min 30 min to an hour.

Go to the config File in you my documents/Mount&blade warband.

Open the RGL_Config.txt

search secure conection. ( or something like this it is very far down)
If it a 1change it to a 0
if it is a 0 change it to a 1.

If this did not help I am sorry
Just trying to help
That is what everyone has been saying but that never helped ;_;

Back
Top Bottom