Version number
e1.5.9.268958
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-05-16_20.59.41_5a13abc08d65ad8fb12bab2519c53b2c
Summary: My campaign has been experiencing a perpetual battle adjacent to Marunath between a party of sea raiders and several heroes of minor and major factions as well as clan members. The battle has continued for several hundreds of days and shows no losses on either side. Every attempt to try to intervene or even come close enough to render the parties present is followed by a crash, regardless of time acceleration. Unable to remove sea raider party through console commands.

I have been successfully avoiding traveling through Battania in order to steer around the battle, but it has now eaten up many of my clan's parties. The only mods that are present are QoL, libraries, and a diplomacy mod, which shouldn't interfere.
How to Reproduce: Unsure
Have you used cheats and if so which: N/A
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
unknown.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6230, up to date
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: HP 8704 00
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

It's unclear from the photo but I'm guessing that this entire battle-line has at least one party that have 0 units in it ( either an injured hero or party with wounded units ) and in such cases, AI have no idea what to do which creates this endless battle status. Normally they should simply take them as prisoner directly. Can you check and see if any of the parties have 0 units?
If that's the case I remember that I reported this to @mexxico a while ago but I'm not sure if he had a chance to take a look at this or not.

I had this issue in my mod Plague and Diseases because it was decreasing the health of the units based on the disease - which was making it more common/visible to the player. But this can happen in case of food shortage and in other cases as well ( even though it's rare )

The parties have retained all of their troops. There doesn't seem to be any attrition at all; they're all just frozen in time. Of the 6 mods I have installed right now, Diplomacy is the only one that is meant to change anything campaign-wise, as the rest are UIExtenderEx, Detailed Character Creation, and the associated libraries.

I have also found another reproducible error: once I am within the range of the battle, moving my cursor causes the crash. I'll keep experimenting.

unknown.png

Try to use console command campaign.declare_peace and force factions to have peace one by one - with this perhaps you can make them stop fighting. If not, I have no idea.
I think you might need to leave that save since it seems like this issue is somewhat something different and everyone is attacking everyone.

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom