Unorganized opcode 2600 at game_receive... blabla :|

Users who are viewing this thread

pjm2493

Knight at Arms
Well, this is simple.

If I use send_message_to_url in Module_Presentations, I receive unorganized opcode 2600 (and 3400 I  think). But if I do the same, for example, in on player joined, it works without any problems.

Somebody can help me, please?

Check your headers; it almost sounds like you're doing something that isn't provided for in old headers?  Also, you're certain that the data isn't incorrectly formatted?  Check your code that works vs. the code that doesn't.  As a last point, this operation may only work properly when invoked inside module_scripts- there are a number of things like that.  You may need to port that out, call it from within your logic and have it return what you need to continue your logical operations. 

Wish I could offer more concrete help on this, but I haven't messed with that area of the engine.

xenoargh said:
Check your headers; it almost sounds like you're doing something that isn't provided for in old headers?  Also, you're certain that the data isn't incorrectly formatted?  Check your code that works vs. the code that doesn't.  As a last point, this operation may only work properly when invoked inside module_scripts- there are a number of things like that.  You may need to port that out, call it from within your logic and have it return what you need to continue your logical operations. 

Wish I could offer more concrete help on this, but I haven't messed with that area of the engine.

First, thank you, it seems that not many people knows what's goin on.

It's the same code, and there is the main problem:

Well, I send a URL message under multiplayer_server_player_joined_common . Yep, it works!

Then, I want to get the player slots that I have set under on game_receive_url_response under multiplayer_set_default_item_selections_for_troop.

It returns 0. I have tried everything, and I have ensure that it works in other parts of the script, like multiplayer_buy_agent_equipment

I'm really confused, it works in some parts, and in other parts it doesn't work... it's so strange :S

If somebody can help me, thanks :smile:

It seems pretty likely to me that the send_message_to_url operation only works on dedicated servers, not clients (the first script is run on servers, second on clients); in any case, you shouldn't allow clients to connect to your webserver and database, since they could then access and change private information about other players - the url and format should be kept private, with extra http server access rules as needed.

You should retrieve information for all players from the database to your server, and then send messages to the clients containing only the data that relates to them.

Back
Top Bottom