Unofficial fix for Dhirim siege problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

TheMageLord

The Handyman Can
Knight at Arms
I finally got around to enabling edit mode during a dhirim siege, and immediately saw the problem: the entry points are labeled wrong! Thus the script can't figure out where to put the tower, and plops it into the sky.

Heres a fixed scene file for Dhirim: http://files.filefront.com/scn+town+16+wallssco/;11923311;/fileinfo.html

I tested it and it works - the siege tower rolls right on up and all is well.

Just download the file and place it in the Modules\Native\SceneObj folder.

-edit- Rapidshare link for those that can't DL from filefront.

Oh god damn. So I just spend half hour working on a similar thing for no reason :grin:

Nice work though. And thanks, I guess :razz:

Haha, it only took me like 10 minutes. I loaded up the .960 mission template that controls the siege tower, saw how it worked, then loaded up Dhirim. I immediately noticed the lack of 50-55 numbered entry points (it had 55 and then a bunch of other ones like 1 2 3 4 5 6 or something). I changed them to 50-54 and re-started the siege, bam it worked.

Excellent, Thank you very much. I was trying to fix this myself and had no clue what the entry point codes did, so I didn't touch them out of fear of screwing it up more. I was actually trying to move the siege tower down from the sky. It didn't go so well  :roll:.

For future reference, is there a list of entry/other codes somewhere? Also, what did you use to load up the mission templates?

Thanks again!

Haven't played this new version long enough to run into a problem like that, but it's helpful knowing there are people who have this sort of thing covered. Much obliged.

The .sco files are editable by using the ingame edit mode. Just enable it in options, then go into the scene you want to edit (in this case you have to siege Dhirim). After you're in there, enter edit mode by hitting ctrl E. You need to be in windowed mode for edit mode to function correctly (it pops up a new window with tools and such), but you can do that from in game by using alt enter.

The mission templates are in the text files, but to actually read them you need to look in the module system. You need python for that, and the 1.003 module system isn't out yet. I was looking in the .960 module system - a lot of things from .960 are still generally the same in 1.003. The mission template calls a script named cf_siege_move_belfry, in the scripts file.

Oh, and MarcusValerius: I don't think theres a list of entry point numbers, you'd just have to look in the appropriate script files to determine what spawns where. 50-55 just happened to be the numbers used in the script for moving the siege tower, the same as all castles with siege towers use. If you were doing your own modding you could have them use pretty much any number.

Also, the reason the siege tower wouldn't move from the sky is the script was trying to move it, so any time you tried to move it it was immediately moved back by the script :smile: It just didn't have the correct place to move it, so apparently defaulted to the sky.

Haven't sieged Dhirim in any of my games yet, but I'll download it anyways to avoid any potential headaches. Thanks, TheMageLord!

Back
Top Bottom