Unofficial Editor & Mag7 problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Effidian

Recruit
For all of you that have mentioned this issue. 0.201 will load them, but won't allow you to save. When you load, you'll get a dialog listing the errors that are encountered while loading the module. These will need to get fixed before you can modify Mag7.

But.. it wont be fixed to fully conform to the new tools standard. The mod is running using .632 code with just enough changes to keep it alive in .704 and that script is not worth fixing up again.

Have to wait for a totally new version.

That's fine. At least now the editor will highlight the problems.

Maybe I can make it so it just won't save the problem tables, instead of not allowing saving altogether. That would still make it somewhat editable. Hmmm....

I wasn't editting any of the mag7 content, but I was trying to edit a backup of teh native... I got this list of errors:

troops.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'Vaegir knight' will be renamed to 'Vaegir knight 2'
troops.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'Swadian knight' will be renamed to 'Swadian knight 2'
parties.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'sea raider sp' will be renamed to 'sea raider sp 2'
troops.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'Vaegir knight' will be renamed to 'Vaegir knight 2'
troops.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'Swadian knight' will be renamed to 'Swadian knight 2'
conversation.txt: Error reading record 11. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 14. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 29. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 40. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 62. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 77. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

(there's more...

Is this the list of errors? It seemed to save what I did, since when I loaded it up again, my changes where still there... I just couldn't see them in game. Not sure if I missed something, I'm flying blind here. I tried to add a new weapon. I added it to the list of items with the editor, and set it similar to another item on the list, but I can't seem to find it showing up in game... Am I missing something?

jik said:
I wasn't editting any of the mag7 content, but I was trying to edit a backup of teh native... I got this list of errors:

parties.txt: A duplicate name has been found. 'sea raider sp' will be renamed to 'sea raider sp 2'
conversation.txt: Error reading record 11. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 14. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 29. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 40. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 62. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.
conversation.txt: Error reading record 77. Error: Value was either too large or too small for an Int32.

(there's more...

Is this the list of errors? It seemed to save what I did, since when I loaded it up again, my changes where still there... I just couldn't see them in game. Not sure if I missed something, I'm flying blind here. I tried to add a new weapon. I added it to the list of items with the editor, and set it similar to another item on the list, but I can't seem to find it showing up in game... Am I missing something?

Sorry jik, I missed this earlier. Yes, that is the dialog I added.

The conversation.txt error should be fixed (in 0.203). That had to do with using the python scripts and how it writes unsigned integers instead of signed integers like we get in the delivery.

The troop duplication is more of a warning than anything. I force names to be unique. If I hit a duplicate name, it will just append a number to the end of it.

Let me know if you hit other errors after grabbing the current editor.

nope, 202 fixed my problems... Thanks... still getting the hang of everything... damn work always getting in the way.

Back
Top Bottom