[UNOFFICIAL] Bannerlord Dedicated Server Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Two questions:

1) Can it do battle mode?

2) What's the server cap?
Yes, Battle Mode, Deathmatch game modes will be included. Other complex game modes like Captains will be released later. We are going to release a stable but small capped dedicated server first, like 24-30 players realtime. After that milestone we are going to work on large capped servers like 400 players realtime. And by that time we make sure optimization is fine and combat is working flawlessly.

giphy.gif

...now you have my attention. Well done guys.

As Varadin says, hopefully you will be able to have full control over these parameters/values and allow a group of vets to provide feedback regarding eventual modifications. Community needs this.

Yes, Battle Mode, Deathmatch game modes will be included. Other complex game modes like Captains will be released later. We are going to release a stable but small capped dedicated server first, like 24-30 players realtime. After that milestone we are going to work on large capped servers like 400 players realtime. And by that time we make sure optimization is fine and combat is working flawlessly.
I don't understand how all of this works, but will people for example, from South America be able to host a server using this system?

I give it a week before developers' fingers slip and your week of labour is defunctus. That said, how is PK coming about?

I don't understand how all of this works, but will people for example, from South America be able to host a server using this system?
Yes, like classic Warband dedicated server, you can host your own server and others can find your server from server list and join. You need only a vps server (or it can be your own pc) and our unofficial dedicated server files.

Last edited:
Does this mean we can (eventually) have a version of Bannerlord multiplayer where everything is viable instead of some classes just being clearly superior or inferior to others? Unfortunately...
inb4 shut down by TW
I think @Barbellz knows what's up because if M&B multiplayer is given to the community, then it will go as far as to violate TaleWorlds' vision of M&B multiplayer. And rightfully so cuz I still think that TaleWorlds are doing things that are fundamentally wrong with M&B multiplayer if more people are playing Chivalry 2 despite Torn Banner taking the EGS exclusivity deal last year.

How dare you attempt to create a "better version of MP"

In all seriousness however, if it is technically and legally possible, it would be great to see this project enable MP modders to begin development of their mods and possibly leading to public releases even before we get our hands on the official tools and files, judging by the pace at which TW appears to progress. Though, ironically, some of that progress is to the detriment of the game which is even more pathetic.

Last edited:
Simply put, If Taleworlds decides to shut down this project it is without a doubt the final death of their multiplayer.

It is already very clearly on life support. North America has gone from over 20 clans to maybe 2 in less than a years time. The casual scene has taken an even worse hit during that timespan.

Even if this sentiment was unironically believed back in 2019 into 2020, there is simply no way a developer with any perceived integrity can still maintain their stance with the outlook of the multiplayer in the present. The amount of time they as a team have had is more than enough to enact their vision, and we can clearly see the results.

The absolute bottom line, and this is both very important and something I dont think many have considered, is that there are game studios hoping to God that Taleworlds shuts this project down. Direct competitors are hoping and praying that Taleworlds continues to **** this up long enough for them to break into the market themselves and take up the audience that Taleworlds has left floundering since the release of Beta. With that said, I have full confidence that Taleworlds will bring the hammer down and continue to stay completely in character.

Direct competitors are hoping and praying that Taleworlds continues to **** this up long enough for them to break into the market themselves and take up the audience that Taleworlds has left floundering since the release of Beta.
I assume you haven't heard of Chivalry 2? It IS a direct competitor to Bannerlord's multiplayer mode, and even though it's exclusive to the Epic Games Store, it managed to steal a hefty chunk of Bannerlord's online userbase, with the only people left playing Bannerlord are the folks sticking to their guns about not buying a product on the EGS. And the fact that a chunk of people left BL for Chiv2 should send the message to TaleWorlds that they're doing multiple things fundamentally wrong cuz it should say a lot for a product if its former players would rather spend their hard-earned cash on a storefront that they dislike just to have a superior offering to the Steam alternative.

So yeah, either TaleWorlds gets their crap together and actually make an attractive alternative to both Bannerlord AND the server mod, or Chivalry 2's belated Steam release will be the final nail in the coffin for Bannerlord multiplayer.

Currently we are working on low level sync things between players. We are aiming to achieve smooth multiplayer experience like Warband. Especially sensitive combat actions like block, chamber and also long ranged weapons behaviour. When we complete the base netcode, we will work on other easier things like classes, factions, admin tools, game modes etc.

Currently we are working on low level sync things between players. We are aiming to achieve smooth multiplayer experience like Warband. Especially sensitive combat actions like block, chamber and also long ranged weapons behaviour. When we complete the base netcode, we will work on other easier things like classes, factions, admin tools, game modes etc.
:xf-cool:(y)

Wonderful to hear that. Best of luck with this project, be assured that the Community is watching. Keep up the good work guys.

But he mentioned private servers without modding support which would pretty much go unnoticed if this project works out as intended.
I wouldn't speak so soon.

Taleworlds has access to the underlying code the game works on. Even with this project there are still going to be heavy limitations. TW custom servers are going to have to be the modding standard for the simple reason everyone who buys the game isn't going to directly go download a third party launcher for a different lobbyserver.

There also comes the question of characters and such, you'd have to essentially either save the character locally which could become exploitable or have your own storage service alongside the lobbyserver which would cost money. Either way the project still has a long way to go but i trust these guys will manage it.

Well, time will tell. Who knows if these guys end up providing a better modding experience lol. Not saying that's how it will be, but there's a difference over people that listen and build towards a community, and people that build over being expect to do so.

Back
Top Bottom