Unofficial Bannerlord Community Survey

Users who are viewing this thread

Some of it is a bit misleading or oversimplified. For example the movement speed, you say "movement speed has been reduced, do you feel it's too XYZ". That's not quite true though - as per the patch notes:
That's not accurate. There are two questions regarding movement speed. One is in general, one is specific to movement speed beingt reduced in combat, the related patchnotes for which you have just quoted. Apologies if the question weren't phrased specific enough.

Done. I jumped back to the game after 1.5 hoping it improved. And while imo it is a step in the right direction, I still think that it feels like a desperate attempt to patch up a combat system that is at its core basics inferior to the one Warband had.
This.

I'm happy some people are starting to enjoy the combat, but I'm not one of them. I ran a little experiment where I opened Bannerlord and Warband simultaneously, and how poor Bannerlord's combat still is becomes apparent very quickly. The speeds of a lot of things in Bannerlord have been tweaked, and in the right direction, but if you start a Warband duel 5 seconds after you finish a Bannerlord duel, you can't believe how responsive the controls are. When you go back to Bannerlord, you vomit at how weird, clunky, and completely unresponsive everything still is. When comparing 1.4 to 1.5, the game is more responsive. When comparing 1.5 to Warband, it's almost unbelievable how bad Bannerlord's responsiveness still is. The block delay is still incredible.

And before someone jumps down my throat about it, I'm not saying Bannerlord's combat should be the exact same as Warband's. But the player character should at least be as responsive to control input as Warband. The thought of "wtf, I should've been able to do something there, instead I just stood there like a jackass while my character refused inputs" is omnipresent in my mind while I play.

This.

I'm happy some people are starting to enjoy the combat, but I'm not one of them. I ran a little experiment where I opened Bannerlord and Warband simultaneously, and how poor Bannerlord's combat still is becomes apparent very quickly. The speeds of a lot of things in Bannerlord have been tweaked, and in the right direction, but if you start a Warband duel 5 seconds after you finish a Bannerlord duel, you can't believe how responsive the controls are. When you go back to Bannerlord, you vomit at how weird, clunky, and completely unresponsive everything still is. When comparing 1.4 to 1.5, the game is more responsive. When comparing 1.5 to Warband, it's almost unbelievable how bad Bannerlord's responsiveness still is. The block delay is still incredible.

And before someone jumps down my throat about it, I'm not saying Bannerlord's combat should be the exact same as Warband's. But the player character should at least be as responsive to control input as Warband. The thought of "wtf, I should've been able to do something there, instead I just stood there like a jackass while my character refused inputs" is omnipresent in my mind while I play.
Hard to dissagree, the responsiveness of Warbands combat and controls is miles ahead of bannerlord still. Alot of work to be done

perhaps you should focus more on qualitative research, since most things are oversimplified
I'm aware that most of the questions here are not perfectly specific, and that is intentionally so: With this survey, I'd like to get an overview of the community's overall opinions, and I hope that those can then be used to develop further surveys to look at more specific things.

For this reason I uninstalled Bannerlord, imagine having this unresponsiveness + lag because no servers for Southamerica, yeah it's literally impossible to enjoy unless you have a perfect internet connection and spend days practicing to compensate for the ping

Drop the class system already and start over. We all just want warband with better graphics and a few new nifty features. Stop the ****ing bull**** TW and LISTEN to your customers before you lose every last one of them.

Can we please have tapping RMB override a held attack so that it actually BLOCKS, instead of creating this slow, smudged transition into a block that never goes anywhere unless it's held.

(didn't find a better thread to QQ about this right now, sorry krex)

Can we please have tapping RMB override a held attack so that it actually BLOCKS, instead of creating this slow, smudged transition into a block that never goes anywhere unless it's held.

(didn't find a better thread to QQ about this right now, sorry krex)
I don't want to hurt your feelings but you can stop holding left mouse button and you will be 100% gucci. It took me 1 week to get rid of that warband habit.

I don't agree though, it's a huge quality of life improvement and should be simply reintroduced into Bannerlord.
You cannot "reintroduce" it. This misery is a result of block delay. If you put block delay to warband level it will be the same. RMB still overrides attacks but the hand takes longer to move.

You cannot "reintroduce" it. This misery is a result of block delay. If you put block delay to warband level it will be the same. RMB still overrides attacks but the hand takes longer to move.

Yeah, I forgot about the whole animation blending and weapon weight system. Still could be reworked, after all, they did consider doing so before.

Back
Top Bottom