Resolved Unlimited troops in party screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: For some reason when opening the party screen I am able to recruit unlimited troops.
This appears to work regardless of:
  • Entering or exiting a settlement
  • Whether you are in a settlement or not
  • Births and Deaths mod enabled or disabled
Important notes: I am in Iron Man mode with player deaths enabled. This is shortly after starting a new game on the newest modules.

How to Reproduce: Start a new game and open party screen after finishing the tutorial and it should show 2810 available troops on the left under "Dismiss"
Have you used cheats and if so which: I have used cheats and I have used several but not sure which ones. Currently they are not enabled in the console and I can't find anything in the game files related to enabling or disabling the cheats (engine_config).

Scene Name (if related):

Media (Screenshots & Video):
Screenshots available on my steam profile (not allowed to post links yet)
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 2080
GPU Driver Version: 522.25
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
RAM: 32GB
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-P
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): OS on SSD game on HDD

Can you double-check engine_config.txt around line 14 for "cheat_mode = (0 or 1)"? This is the normal behavior if cheats are enabled.
I actually don't have an engine_config.txt I have searched every folder in my game files and it isn't there. I remember enabling it when initially testing the cheats but the file itself doesn't show up in my file explorer anymore. I can't remember but I don't think in my previous save it showed that either

No matter where the game itself is installed, it will try to write configs to your user folder, which Windows by default will have on C:
If it's not there it should definitely be creating a new one. You may want to paste %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs into an explorer window address bar in order to go there directly in case you were checking a different user's directory.

If it's certainly not present, you may want to check OneDrive to see if you got signed out or are it's having syncing issues, as problems with OneDrive can mess with user folder permissions, but normally that kind of issue would cause the game to simply crash on launch.

Hey, the troops you see on the left bar is the cheat enabled troops, you should be able to see the cheat enabled items on the inventory tab as well. The engine_config file should be located in the "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" file. If there are no config files you can try verifying the integrity of the game files. Since this is not a bug i will mark the thread as solved. Please let me know if the issue is persistent after disabling the cheats.

Hey, the troops you see on the left bar is the cheat enabled troops, you should be able to see the cheat enabled items on the inventory tab as well. The engine_config file should be located in the "Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs" file. If there are no config files you can try verifying the integrity of the game files. Since this is not a bug i will mark the thread as solved. Please let me know if the issue is persistent after disabling the cheats.
I was able to locate engine config again which is in a very different location. I have changed the cheat mode back to disable but the free troops and free items in the inventory screen still show up even after having changed the engine_config.txt and checking BannerlordConfig.txt

I have tried starting a completely new campaign and it continues.

I have tried verifying files through steam - Issue still continues even after starting a completely new game.

I have tried disabling Birth and Death Options - Issue continues even after new game

This still sounds a lot like a OneDrive issue. It's possible for it to have replaced your engine_config file immediately after you made the change, so can you double-check that the line you changed hasn't changed back? Can you tell us where you did end up finding the file? If it includes your user name or anything potentially sensitive, you censor that portion, e.g., C:\Users\<my name>\

Should also be able to fix the issue in game by using the console. Reposting my advice in earlier thread:
To turn off cheat mode open the dev console (by default it's):
alt+`
Then type:
config.cheat_mode 0
and hit enter.
Close the dev console with alt+` and the problem should be gone.

Back
Top Bottom