Unless you address these issues with multiplayer then stop developing the mp

Users who are viewing this thread

keruca

Recruit
So you announce a beta for multiplayer only, but you still don't fix these issues in Warband like

1: Kicking someone in heavy armor will still stun them even though if you tried to kick metal you would break your foot. Light infantry should at least take some damage from kicking heavy infantry.

2: Glitch exploits where people can cancel an attack right before it hits you then changing the direction to get you hit.

3: How overpowered archers is, and they make the cavalry even more annoying by making it so when you hit someone with the horse you get launched back 5 feet.

4:When spinning around like an f5 tornado will make your spears do more damage

5:Horses have no AI, they don't get scared when running into pikes

So, got anything to say Taleworlds?

Despite this being a silly trolly topic suggesting they abandon MP because of a few nitpicks, I am going to entertain you.
I disagree with most of your marks. Some of them are what makes MP interesting and skill based.

keruca said:
This is the only thing I agree with.

I have not personally kicked or have been kicked while wearing armor but its safe to assume that you would still feel the force of a blow and would set you back. Armor just disperses the force evenly across its surface. Im happy to test this theory if you provide the equipment.

You're right, that's just basic kinematics. If you kicked a man-sized block of solid iron then you'd just hurt your foot, but a man in armor is not so resilient. Besides, kicking in Warband (and presumably Bannerlord) isn't brisk striking like in Taekwondo. It's a brace and push, to shove your opponent away and upset their balance.

Orion said:
You're right, that's just basic kinematics. If you kicked a man-sized block of solid iron then you'd just hurt your foot, but a man in armor is not so resilient. Besides, kicking in Warband (and presumably Bannerlord) isn't brisk striking like in Taekwondo. It's a brace and push, to shove your opponent away and upset their balance.

I've decided not to bother with juvenile "physics" a while ago. They don't seem to understand things as they are, they understand things as they assume in a combination with what they are shown in entertainment. What if I told you that a sword is almost useless against armor, unless you half-sword and use Murder-Strikes!? hahaha Even so, it's common to see the kids wanting decapitations from swords on heavily armored foes, go figure  :roll:

xdj1nn said:
Orion said:

I've decided not to bother with juvenile "physics" a while ago. They don't seem to understand things as they are, they understand things as they assume in a combination with what they are shown in entertainment. What if I told you that a sword is almost useless against armor, unless you half-sword and use Murder-Strikes!? hahaha Even so, it's common to see the kids wanting decapitations from swords on heavily armored foes, go figure  :roll:
Juvenile physics... That's a new one.
I don't know, it's almost as if M&B is a video game that
A: Can't achieve perfect realism.
and
B: Doesn't want to achieve perfect realism.

Noudelle said:
xdj1nn said:
Orion said:

Juvenile physics... That's a new one.
I don't know, it's almost as if M&B is a video game that
A: Can't achieve perfect realism.
and
B: Doesn't want to achieve perfect realism.

Well, I don't mind about ultra realism, what bothers me is complaining that something isn't unrealistic while claiming that they know better as to how reality works.

Interesting addendum: Swords were SIDE WEAPONS  :mrgreen:

There is no plate armor in the game  :evil:
This game doesnt take place in 15th century.
Closest thing we have is coat of arms and thats very rare.
In coat of arms there are small plates attached to coat. So there isnt a continous surface to spread the force of the kick.
Plus, because  the leather surrounding that part of the small plate you kicked will bend, your foot wont see resistance. I mean the plate or the plates you kicked will move because of their leather surrounding.

It is too nitpicky of a thing anyway.

Cool thread, keruca, want to take it to the white house?

rSjl2.png

Why is this guy not banned yet and the thread not locked? Don't see the point of keeping obvious troll posts open

Because despite having an unpopular opinion, posting it is not in violation of any of the rules. Best to let the thread die a natural death, which you can speed along by posting in other threads with better content.

keruca said:
So you announce a beta for multiplayer only, but you still don't fix these issues in Warband like

1: Kicking someone in heavy armor will still stun them even though if you tried to kick metal you would break your foot. Light infantry should at least take some damage from kicking heavy infantry.

2: Glitch exploits where people can cancel an attack right before it hits you then changing the direction to get you hit.

3: How overpowered archers is, and they make the cavalry even more annoying by making it so when you hit someone with the horse you get launched back 5 feet.

5:Horses have no AI, they don't get scared when running into pikes

So, got anything to say Taleworlds?

1: It's a computer game. If we made it totally realistic, it wouldn't be fun to play. Just ask the team behind Clang about that if you don't believe me.

2: Feinting plays into the skill-based combat system and raises the skill ceiling. Admittedly, in Warband, animations could be abused doing this, so this is something we have worked on improving in Bannerlord.

3: There are plenty of counter to ranged units, shields and good footwork being two of those counters. As for horses, they are easily countered by spears.

4: Turn speed is limited when performing an attack and you get slower the longer you turn while swinging or thrusting.

5: We don't want to take control away from the player, especially for something which a solid argument could be made against.

Back
Top Bottom