Units weigth getting fixed in gamescom version?

Users who are viewing this thread

The voice overs will be greeting lines, right? Sort of like in Total War diplomacy. I hope more voices are added too.
They will be greeting lines and also companions stories. Back when they did the MP beta in 2019 there was a whole folder of voice lines when digging through the bannerlord directory. Since i always make back ups of my games I still have them :smile:

"I will drink from your skull" and "From your skull I will drink"
"It´s almost a complete game season"

:iamamoron:
There's also a variation of "I will drink from your skull" :wink:

Back to the topic of the Banners, if we refer back to the summer of 2017 we see a noticeable difference between the behaviour of those little pieces of cloth tied to the spearheads. In GC17 the physics/behaviour is much more natural... more floaty... lightweight. On the other hand, on the GC22 the behaviour is much more "chewy" and rubbery...

2017​
2022​
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

In my opinion... when defining the physics of each clothing asset, there are two parameters from the tools... for this type of cloth I would definitely lower the gravity and anchor stiffness to get something much closer to what you had in 2017. @Dejan I'm quoting you in case you could please pass the note... also I'm thinking of guys like Safran, Dawa, etc who can give you their opinion in the modding discord about it...

It looks ugly and janky... I honestly mean it.

Back to the topic of the Banners, if we refer back to the summer of 2017 we see a noticeable difference between the behaviour of those little pieces of cloth tied to the spearheads. In GC17 the physics/behaviour is much more natural... more floaty... lightweight. On the other hand, on the GC22 the behaviour is much more "chewy" and rubbery...

2017​
2022​
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

In my opinion... when defining the physics of each clothing asset, there are two parameters from the tools... for this type of cloth I would definitely lower the gravity and anchor stiffness to get something much closer to what you had in 2017. @Dejan I'm quoting you in case you could please pass the note... also I'm thinking of guys like Safran, Dawa, etc who can give you their opinion in the modding discord about it...

I truthfully have no idea why or even HOW the game managed to do a full 180 in terms of design and quality. In the gamescom videos we had dialogues, sally out missions, banners, better physics. What happened? It genuinely baffles me. I do believe the games quality will be better in the future when they start filling the remaining holes, however I feel as if the game somehow went backwards in 2017. Why did they do a whole engine from scratch, and why did it seemingly turn out worse than the one they had beforehand.

^^That is true about the cloth physics. Comparing those two gifs, the 2022 version is quite jarring to look at, as though it is a thin piece of plastic as opposed to 2017's cloth.

I truthfully have no idea why or even HOW the game managed to do a full 180 in terms of design and quality. In the gamescom videos we had dialogues, sally out missions, banners, better physics. What happened? It genuinely baffles me. I do believe the games quality will be better in the future when they start filling the remaining holes, however I feel as if the game somehow went backwards in 2017. Why did they do a whole engine from scratch, and why did it seemingly turn out worse than the one they had beforehand.
giphy.gif

Only Taleworlds knows...🎷:iamamoron:

Early versions of the game probably ran on high powered systems. Optimising and in places downgrading to shoehorn performance into minimum spec pcs and consoles came later. Look back at the first year of EA - performance on potato pcs was a nightmare of crash reports. IMO the game should have been optimised for decent kit, but no software company is going to ditch the console market.
I wouldn't mind if the performance improvements allowed bigger battles on better kit, but we're all stuck with a hard ceiling of 2,048 agents.

Cloth physics taxes CPUs - 2017 was probably pre optimisation for potatoes. https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-cpu-optimizations-for-cloth-simulations.html
Puny pennants are cheaper than full blown battle flags. Rubbery pennants with lower numbers of vertices are cheaper than more detailed floaty pennants with more vertices to animate.

Last edited:

2017​
2022​
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

+1

I don't think changes will be made to unit weight.

It's just that now : Troops have either speed 0% or speed 100%. (like when you use keyboard and either you press W or you stop from pressing W)

With the changes : Troops can have a speed between 0% and 100% which makes the battle experience smoother (like when you use joystick and you control the speed).

See how you can push unit easily.

See how units are sliding

Last edited:

They knew they couldn't make the game they showcased. You don't conveniently just find all these broken things that won't work in the last year and a half of the development of a 10 year process, just sweep it under the carpet and go dark on the forum.

They sold you an incomplete game and called it early access. Then they significantly reduced the game's scope after you were unable to refund the game.

Simple.

Last edited:
Probably because what they had was the marketing version and not actually playable.

Most likely they re-made the physics after that video

I
Early versions of the game probably ran on high powered systems. Optimising and in places downgrading to shoehorn performance into minimum spec pcs and consoles came later. Look back at the first year of EA - performance on potato pcs was a nightmare of crash reports. IMO the game should have been optimised for decent kit, but no software company is going to ditch the console market.
I wouldn't mind if the performance improvements allowed bigger battles on better kit, but we're all stuck with a hard ceiling of 2,048 agents.

Cloth physics taxes CPUs - 2017 was probably pre optimisation for potatoes. https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-cpu-optimizations-for-cloth-simulations.html
Puny pennants are cheaper than full blown battle flags. Rubbery pennants with lower numbers of vertices are cheaper than more detailed floaty pennants with more vertices to animate.
If that is actually the case, I hope they go for less flags that look better.

Right now they look downright bugged. At this point I would prefer them to have set animations.

Most likely they re-made the physics after that video
It's not even necessarily the case that the underlying physics have changed, that sort of thing can also come down to how the specific weapon model in question was implemented.

Back
Top Bottom