In Progress Units merging in the battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hello,
I have an issue with soldiers spawning in the wrong units (only in large battles, army vs army, where the amount of active soldiers is limited). It is quite simple, when a soldier spawns he is in the wrong unit (for example infantryman spawns in archery unit so now he just stands with the archers doing nothing in the back, or archer spawns in cavalry and charges with them). This happens when some of my troops die and new spawn in. Of course, this results in more deaths and more wrong spawns. Ultimately, my main 4 units are just a mess of all 4 different kinds of soldiers, so there is nothing left to do just to charge with all of them. This basically prevents me to win uneven battles.

I asked a friend if he has the same issue, and he hasn't. He wins battles that are 1/2 odds easily with his Fian Champs. I play Khuzaits btw.

So the main question is : Is this some kind of feature or a bug?

This looks like a bug. Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I just wanted to add: I've experienced the same thing in large battles when the reinforcements come in mid-battle. The reinforcements can be mixed into formations of the wrong type.

It does not always happen. I have a hunch that it happens when I change the formations in the order of battle setup screen (add/remove active formations, e.g. consolidate all infantry into formation 1, or make 2 formations of melee cavalry so I can have a group on each flank which isn't normally needed in smaller engagements), but I haven't tested vigorously.

Also playing on 1.7, no mods.

Just add one more to this. Same issue.
I have been using group 1 for infantry, 2 for archers, 3 for crossbows (filter by shield), 4 for cavalry, and 5 for horse archers.
I find that reinforcing cav and horse archers are coming in as group 3 and standing with my crossbows.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom