Units don't level-up!

Users who are viewing this thread

mrgreaper said:
oh dear, no upgrading of troops!? add that to the creating your own faction bug, the lack of recruiting from villages and this is a pretty buggy release. if i hadnt of tried warband first i would regret buying the pack !
There is no creating your own faction bug, that feature was removed.
You can recruit villagers when you're in a faction.

Sooooo, we should stop playing until this gets fixed ?

Oh well, got some nice mods for the original M&B, looks like a good time to try the out.

i got the game a few hours ago an i must say i"m not happy about my units not gaining any experience"Well they are but i don"t get a option to upgrade them".
This has made the game unplayable for me for the fact of i focus on training cheap recruits to elite troops.
But to be honest i"m not that concerned for the fact of its a pirated version,But i could understand the frustration of the people who payed for this game.
So i will not buy a legit copy in till this bug is sorted out.
But with this bug going on i"m really glad i did not fork out for this game. :mrgreen:

lamerstein said:
Sooooo, we should stop playing until this gets fixed ?

Oh well, got some nice mods for the original M&B, looks like a good time to try the out.

Well i don"t know about you guys but this bug has made it unplayable for me let alone if i choose to stop playing i have to :evil:

British_Bulldog said:
i got the game a few hours ago an i must say i"m not happy about my units not gaining any experience"Well they are but i don"t get a option to upgrade them".
This has made the game unplayable for me for the fact of i focus on training cheap recruits to elite troops.
But to be honest i"m not that concerned for the fact of its a pirated version,But i could understand the frustration of the people who payed for this game.
But with this bug going on i"m really glad i did not fork out for this game. :mrgreen:

Dude... so ****.  Support all all indies, esp paradox publishers, they are the good guys.  Its only 13 dollars and once they get a couple patches out i see myself with 150 hours + in this game.  I just wish there was an RTS view.  The no lvl up is the biggest issue in the game IMO

billt568 said:
British_Bulldog said:

Dude... so ****.  Support all all indies, esp paradox publishers, they are the good guys.  Its only 13 dollars and once they get a couple patches out i see myself with 150 hours + in this game.  I just wish there was an RTS view.  The no lvl up is the biggest issue in the game IMO

I totally agree with you.
They will get my support.
This is basically a demo to me.
I know Mount and blades specialty is multi player.

British_Bulldog said:
I know Mount and blades specialty is multi player.

Wut. The multi player is fun yes, but what makes Mount and Blade great is the being an actually solider fighting, instead of being the commander and moving thousands of troops at a time.

Ceriy said:
What about other non steam download's?

Downloaded the international release straight from TaleWorlds and I'm experiencing this bug too.

I'm guessing that when the .txt files were translated they ballsed up the compiling of this .txt file.

SkyShadowing said:
Would it be possibe to download the demo files and move that troop.txt over to fix this bug?

Could someone try this? I would but I am at work right now.  I would like to know if this band-aid fix will work for now.  I was wondering last night why none of my troops were ready for upgrades.

As my above post indicates, the download from Taleworlds (or the mirror at File Planet) includes this bug. (Also, there is no "demo", only the full version of the game that operates in "trial mode" with a level/time cap until a valid serial is entered.)

They must be talking about the preview build of the game then.  Well that sucks.  I wonder how something like that could have gotten totally screwed up.

Quite easily, apparently.

The real question is how something this blatant never gets flagged by QAQC. It's like they didn't test the international version at.. all... mother of god... We're doomed.

Wow, this really sucks... kinda fell like a complete idiot for buying this, it seems they really don't give a rats ass for their customers, I'm crashing all the time as are several others and they can't even sound off in a thread or something to say they are working on a fix, and now this pretty much game breaking bug....

My fault for pre purchasing this instead of waiting to for a trial.... never again.

I just joined the Polish to hire the troops from Commanders in towns, that supposedly can gain experience and level.

I can't even hire them at all! I click to buy troops, but they don't appear in my army. Talk about being conned!

Back
Top Bottom