Units and AI

Users who are viewing this thread

id like to discuss how the devs are handling the differents types of units now (and whether we are getting bigger troop trees or not) , first of all i wanna know if AI spearmen can actually counter cavalry now (since spears werent very good in native warband) some mods managed to give spearmen and edge by giving polearms bonus damage against horses, by giving the "Spear Brace" option, and by making horsemen take damage when they  get knocked of a horse at high speed.

We saw that infantry now will stay close to one another after you give the charge command (great addition), and i always liked the way normal infantry worked so lets not waste time on that.

Will archers now target enemy horses when cavalry is charging? and will they have and skirmish option against infantry, much like horse archers seem to have?

(And a Thank You for creating this awesome game  :grin: )

From what i have seen and read (which isn't much compared to others way more invested in the M&B universe i'm sure :wink:  ), the AI is smarter and more realistic then before, if you see how the AI behaves in the siege demo when the player sallies out, it takes time to react, but when the AI does, it does so in force. I was a little disappointed the siege equipment wasn't more heavily guarded though, siege equipment is expensive and for me it would make sense that you protect the few weapons that can actually damage the enemy defenses and give you an edge over them. But maybe i'm mistaken, and despite that minor thing, i was impressed with how the game played out in that scenario.

Also, the field battle did have some nice troop movement, and it looked like the different sections of the army did stay together most of the time. I will be surprised when spearmen won't be able to use spear wall tactics, and perhaps even phalanx formations, but i don't know if that was a tactic that armies used in that time period.

Back
Top Bottom