United States of America 14 - 4 Portugal (Group Stage 1, Group 1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, everyone, take a deep breath and relax. It's stupid to fight over this. Really, it is.

Antigone has apologized for his comment, that's good. Now I'd like to ask Condestavel to do the same. I realize he might not have intended for anyone to take offense, but stating in front of ten American players that you think the NC should've been a tournament for Europeans only, is not only unnecessary but it's also quite a distasteful and provocative comment to make just moments before you're about to start playing a match against them.

"But that happened before the match and not during" you might say. Well, yes, that's true. But what Antigone said was said after the match. So technically both of your comments should simply be ignored, but you know, it's never a bad idea to show some respect for your opponents and apologizing is a good way to do that.

About the "rule-breaking," hmmm, what have we learned here today? Except for the fact that no rules were actually broken, I mean. Well, I'd say that we've seen two good examples of how to piss your opponents off. Chatting should, during a match where it's obvious that there's a bad atmosphere in the air, be kept at a minimum. Forcing draws isn't forbidden, but it damn sure isn't the best way to make friends with the opponent team.

My first grade teacher always told us: "Treat people the way you'd want to be treated." If you care about what your opponents think of your team, don't do things you wouldn't want them to do to you. If you don't care, however, then don't even bother bringing these discussions to the forum because they will lead nowhere.

Kittenhuffer we have no resentment towards the US team and the Refs, and i apologize for the inconvenient caused  to the three teams (PT, US and Refs) I dont regret at all raising this discussion  because it ended with 2 conclusions, new "rules" and understanding about force draws and team chats. People involved in this "discussion" must have in mind that a lot of things occurred since the start of the match(roster, ping, tactics, team chat arguments) witch lead to this, so its not something born out of nothing and we are not angry/crazy/raged persons.
Anyway, best regards to all and good luck US team.

Kittenhuffer, as I stated the discussion is over, team PT obliged the decision by the organization and I wished the best of luck to USA. Things between PT and USA (and referees) are normalized now to my understanding so whats still in discussion? Everyone is already relaxed and we have moved on.

About the remarks of Orion, as he stated so well, hes not on the competition. Put your ignore flame mode on Maynd. Things are good now so lets not make anyone's day by destroying them. Although you are 100% right

And I subscribe all of your last reply.

I know I quit my ref job but  I will answer regarding my referee guide. The trash talk isn't allowed in the main chat during the game but if players do so, it's not a good reason to take the win at the "green table". But, I wrote that rule regarding these kind of situations and you will notice that in many games, this kind of thing is prohibited. Regarding the fact that people did trash talk during a match, the ref should make them stop. Talking on that chat and especially talking nonsense is a form of disrespect in its own right. People should NOT do it, and refs should take action IF people are doing it. But, if this happens, it is not a reason to get a default win.

Arcas Nebun said:
[...] Regarding the fact that people did trash talk during a match, the ref should make them stop. [...]
Don't know if you even bothered reading the thread or looking at the screenshots before you posted, but there was no trash talk during the match, so your post is kind of pointless.

Kittenhuffer said:
Arcas Nebun said:
[...] Regarding the fact that people did trash talk during a match, the ref should make them stop. [...]
Don't know if you even bothered reading the thread or looking at the screenshots before you posted, but there was no trash talk during the match, so your post is kind of pointless.

I did see the screenshots... and that was trash talk! And yes I did read everything, otherwise I wouldn't bother answering! I'm not attacking anyone, kittenhufer, I know you were referee and I didn't mean to say anything bad! I'm sure you did very well. But, trash talk means any chatter onthe main that is not "said" by team captains! Only them and the ref are allowed to speak there. If you don't agree with this, add a rule and that's it!

Arcas Nebun said:
Kittenhuffer said:
Arcas Nebun said:

I did see the screenshots... and that was trash talk! And yes I did read everything, otherwise I wouldn't bother answering! I'm not attacking anyone, kittenhufer, I know you were referee and I didn't mean to say anything bad! I'm sure you did very well. But, trash talk means any chatter onthe main that is not "said" by team captains! Only them and the ref are allowed to speak there. If you don't agree with this, add a rule and that's it!

.. The only "trash talk" was before the match by Con(PT) and after the match by Antigone(USA) stating "I'd be embarrassed" about the tactics.

Zero trash talk occurred in the match itself, whatsoever. All chat was light-hearted and humorous towards our own team.

I request a lock. Nothing more productive can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom