United States of America 14 - 4 Portugal (Group Stage 1, Group 1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maynd -- Are you kidding me? Some people typed a few things like "We're in the barn" or made a few passing comments here and there.

X and I both came to this thread, and the first thing out of our mouths were "gg" and various forms of respect to your team, yet you come here after your team loses and not only do you attempt to make us look bad by posting out-of-context pictures and omitting your team's comments, you don't say a single respectful "gg" and you try to get a default win over some people typing a few words over the course of a few hours.

Kittenhuffer and Lust were there for the entire match on every single server and they will agree with me that at no point was our team causing you "distress", over the course of two hours you got 4 screenshots of someone typing something -- If you're really going to sit there and say that us typing a few things in a video game over the course of a few things is grounds for such a problem, then I don't know what to say.

A default win because a few people typed a few things?

You must be joking.

You're nitpicking a relatively redundant and small rule of "only captains may use chat", which neither Kitten nor Lust even warned us about (and they were there the whole time) so you want to take away our 14-4 victory simply because there was a little bit of typing going on?

A default win over that? Really?

It's so infuriating that you took a few well-placed screenshots to make us look like we were "trash talking the whole time", yet we weren't off snapping photos while your team rolled up to our server and began attacking us and the tournament because it should be a "Euro only tournament" and "we shouldnt even be allowed to play". Was I snapping photos? No, I was playing the game -- You took a few screenshots, all out of context, and you took absolutely no screenshots of any of your team typing at all. This is not only an embarassing attempt by team Portugal to take away a well earned, fair played, honestly deserved sound victory of 14-4 away, but it is extremely distasteful and immature. You say that you and your entire team were distressed yet the only comment that can even remotely be looked at as derogatory was the "I'd be embarassed" by Antigone, and I said right after you snapped that picture for him to stop flaming, reprimanding him publicly. That is the only comment that may be looked at as negative, the rest of them were us having a good time, in a barn, milking cows -- It's a joke to say that you and your entire team were caused enough distress over the remark that we were in a barn for you to justify asking for a default win.

We didn't personally attack your team for your unethical and immature in-game actions, we simply asked that the rules be looked at for the future. We didn't snap screenshots of anything in an attempt to throw dirt on your team. Yet you come here attempting to throw it on us and get a default win over some typing?

Your out-of-context screenshots and omission of your own team talking only further makes this issue a laughable matter. I hope the remaining matches are devoid of this nonsense.

Good luck in your next match.

This is Condestavel opinion, the portuguese team agreed with the complain.
I have 4 screens, on different maps, so it proves that this situation was not punctual.
Did you saw any PT players talking in chat apart from the Captain?
Its in the rules so its your problem and not ours.
We used that tactic because of the ping, its legit...what is not legit its having USA players telling that we should be ashamed of ourselfs and tauting us during the match.
"You're nitpicking a relatively redundant and small rule of "only captains may use chat", which neither Kitten nor Lust even warned us about" about that, again, your problem, complain to the referees regarding that situation. If they didn't tell you its because they done a bad job referring and its not up to us to tell the rules, its their job.
BTW, here is another one
mb57.jpg

Maynd said:
This is Condestavel opinion, the portuguese team agreed with the complain.
I have 4 screens, on different maps, so it proves that this situation was not punctual.
Did you saw any PT players talking in chat apart from the Captain?
Its in the rules so its your problem and not ours.
We used that tactic because of the ping, its legit...what is not legit its having USA players telling that we should be ashamed of ourselfs and tauting us during the match.
"You're nitpicking a relatively redundant and small rule of "only captains may use chat", which neither Kitten nor Lust even warned us about" about that, again, your problem, complain to the referees regarding that situation. If they didn't tell you its because they done a bad job referring and its not up to us to tell the rules, its their job.
BTW, here is another one
mb57.jpg

This is ridiculous.

I'm not going to reply any further.

Good luck in your next matches.

Furthermore the game was recorded. I dont know who has it, but the faults are there to be found, all of them. And Rhade, you are calling us imature and such, note that I am avoiding any ofenses to any of you, personal or otherwise. And my remark about the pings was before the match started, where many things were being discussed with lust.

Oh come on, at least in the last Nations Cup we fought over legitimate issues. This is absurd.

"Burn Rhade at stake" is clearly flaming Portugal and slandering your entire country & team. :roll:

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go milk my lolcows, as their udders are swollen and sore because I've spent too much time here already. They're in the barn. I'd be so embarrassed if I were them.

:roll:

By the way, I'm not on the team this year. Stupid **** like this is the reason why. Oh, and forcing draws? **** off, that's pathetic. If you didn't want to play, why did you form a tournament team?

Enough, team Portugal. Whilst I do not condone this use of Global Chat, I believe you're making a mountain out of a molehill. The result of this game will remain as played: USA 14-4 PT. I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant when trying to deal with your team roster but this is something you should've checked over. I have made the substitution: Dead_Marius for Boltzmann and you can verify your roster in this thread and this thread only. That is all.

Team USA. I understand you may be frustrated that teams are playing for draws, however it is quite easy to let the flags spawn in order to counter these tactics. It is also perfectly within the rules. As for global chat, whilst there is no rule about keeping it clear, it is seen, in the EU, as a common courtesy. So in your next matches, I would advise you to avoid using global chat. Especially when competition becomes heated, like this.

Now unless anyone has anything nice to say, I suggest no one says anything at all  :neutral:.

It's not actually a rule, man of hot lands, but infact a guide for referees if lusty saw what they were saying as out of hand then he'd have warned them brah, please re-read the rules. Also Lust, that's not true, I frequently type in Spanish and ask questions, to which noone replys to, in scrims and yet I am a European...

Well it varies from team to team and person to person but it's a safe bet to always keep chat clear. If you know the other team well and the match is clearly of a friendly nature, then there is of course no problem with some global chat fun.

Press 't' at your own peril!

captain lust said:
Enough, team Portugal. Whilst I do not condone this use of Global Chat, I believe you're making a mountain out of a molehill. The result of this game will remain as played: USA 14-4 PT. I'm sorry if I came across as arrogant when trying to deal with your team roster but this is something you should've checked over. I have made the substitution: Dead_Marius for Boltzmann and you can verify your roster in this thread and this thread only. That is all.

Team USA. I understand you may be frustrated that teams are playing for draws, however it is quite easy to let the flags spawn in order to counter these tactics. It is also perfectly within the rules. As for global chat, whilst there is no rule about keeping it clear, it is seen, in the EU, as a common courtesy. So in your next matches, I would advise you to avoid using global chat. Especially when competition becomes heated, like this.

Now unless anyone has anything nice to say, I suggest no one says anything at all  :neutral:.

I see the situation was throughly checked.  :roll:
Congrats on the USA win, you have very good players. Discussion over.

As somebody who has two of the mentioned pictures (as in, I am the subject), I have to say this:

My post of "milking my lolcow" was in response to Rhade, the captain of the US team, saying that we were in the barn. It was an offhand, lighthearted comment that can't possibly be taken in the context of attacking the team from Portugal. Furthermore, my comment of "Burn Rhade at stake!" was a joke about Rhade giving away our location. This was also not directed at the team from Portugal.

I did not know that only captains are allowed to speak in global chat and I apologize if I caused any undue stress. However, if you truly wished to lodge a complaint about the whole matter then why not do so in the middle of the match? If it was really distressing, alerting Kittenhuffer and lust would be enough and the US team wouldn't be under such scrutiny for out-of-context screenshots. Personally, I disliked your tactic of running away on Hunters with the last three people, sending in someone to die every thirty seconds to prevent MotF from spawning, and stalling for a draw but if it is within the rules then there is nothing we can do about it and I accept the validity of the game and will not question the results.

I believe the issue with flag-spawning was that they could send somebody in to try and force a kill/get killed to reset the timer for MotF close enough to effectively force a draw. I am not sure of all the details, but I was told that even proximity is enough to set the timer back.

I apologize for the difficulties presented to the US and Portuguese teams by my use of global chat and will not use it again in the future unless asked to by an authority. I am sorry about the misunderstanding and hope this post helps clears everything up.

Its decided then, but i still think and insist that not acceptable in a NC people typing "YOU GUYS SHOULD BE ASHAMED".
That is not a good attitude, its not respectful to your opponents, and if we are talking of fair-play, Nations should also be penalized for the lack of it.
I know the person who said it does not represent the whole team, but thats the problem when u let others then the captain talk, irresponsibles things get out of their mouths, thats why they are not captains.
I wasn't expecting anything from this thread or discussion, USA won the match fair (and forgetting the Ping detail). No one in Portugal team doubted that, but we do not tolerate this type of disrespectful behavior towards us since we never typed anything harmful to the US Team.
An advice: define in the rules if is allowed or not to talk in global chat, common courtesy doesn't seem to work for some.

Edit: the pictures i posted only serve as evidence of the US team talking in global chat during battle, about the disrespectful behavior its is only the first one.

Maynd said:
A final and quick note about the issue raised by the USA team about the draws, not to be confused by our complaint but to further validate our positions, even captain lust in the portuguese TS told me it was very aceptable to fight for the draw due to the ping diferences. So it is legal and USA should read the rules before undermine other team tactics.

captain lust said:

I know its in the rules. I'm saying I think we should review that. Because we can't let a flag spawn go up if the enemy sends in 1 guy to wherever we're waiting for flags, just to die and stop the flags from spawning.

Also, I know the default win thing was settled, but another reason that the draws annoyed us so much was that several of our players had another match afterwards, which I was afraid would conflict with this because we started 30 minutes late becuase of the arguement about the PT roster.

[quote author=kitten]
However, if you truly wished to lodge a complaint about the whole matter then why not do so in the middle of the match? If it was really distressing, alerting Kittenhuffer and lust would be enough and the US team wouldn't be under such scrutiny for out-of-context screenshots.
[/quote]

I agree with this though. If something goes wrong, you should bring it up as soon as possible.

Oh, and how do you have the scores in the center of those screenshots? As well as your equipment listed on the bottum. I don't think I can do that on my game. Same with the compass, unless I just never noticed it...

As the person who made the most offensive remark, I wish to offer my sincerest apologies to all of those I may have offended. It was wholly unnecessary and  unsportsmanlike.

No, seriously...my bad.

Orion said:
Oh come on, at least in the last Nations Cup we fought over legitimate issues. This is absurd.

"Burn Rhade at stake" is clearly flaming Portugal and slandering your entire country & team. :roll:

Now if you'll pardon me, I have to go milk my lolcows, as their udders are swollen and sore because I've spent too much time here already. They're in the barn. I'd be so embarrassed if I were them.

:roll:

By the way, I'm not on the team this year. Stupid **** like this is the reason why. Oh, and forcing draws? **** off, that's pathetic. If you didn't want to play, why did you form a tournament team?

Orion are u admin? If you are, in that case you should stick to moderate and nothing else.
We dont need opinions that are useless and, especially when you dont make an effort to understand our opinion or point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom