United States of America 14 - 4 Portugal (Group Stage 1, Group 1)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.X said:
BlackTide said:
Mr.X said:
Team usa proposes saturday at 9PM GMT.
That's before we go into BST isn't it?

Whats BST? All I know is that, EST is now EDT, which makes that around 5 my time :wink:
BST - British Summer Time. Which means our clocks go forward hour, I'm not sure about Portugal's... It's your equivilent of Daylight savings time.

Condestavel said:
Sorry guys for not replying earlier, but we had the match against Czech Republic yesterday as you know. (Willy was referee). The captain of the Czech Republic told me that would like to play you guys monday, so I was thinking Tuesday ow Wensday. What do you think?

The problem is that, on weekdays, we really need to wait until 10PM GMT to get any guys.

Can it be 20:30 (8:30 PM) GMT+0 bst? 10PM is far too late for some members that have school next day I think, but even so I can try and see if I have guys at that hour, although I very much doubt it.

Well you guys really should've gotten your acts together and played at the weekend. See if you can still work something out for this deadline. If not, then we'll talk about an extension.

captain lust said:
Well you guys really should've gotten your acts together and played at the weekend. See if you can still work something out for this deadline. If not, then we'll talk about an extension.

We've been ready and waiting.

Condestavel said:
Perhaps we have to make special deadlines with USA guys because of this. It's a special situation.

Its not that special, we just can only get 8 guys online during your hours on a weekend. If the deadline was monday to friday, I would ask for an extension, but I contacted both opponents (thrice in this thread I think, and the other with a PM) before the weekend and during the weekend. I got responses on monday/sunday night.

Can you do tomorrow, say 20:00 GMT? Or is that too late?

Mr.X said:
Condestavel said:
Perhaps we have to make special deadlines with USA guys because of this. It's a special situation.

Its not that special, we just can only get 8 guys online during your hours on a weekend. If the deadline was monday to friday, I would ask for an extension, but I contacted both opponents (thrice in this thread I think, and the other with a PM) before the weekend and during the weekend. I got responses on monday/sunday night.

Your edit is from 29th, and I thought that "tomorrow" would meant the 30th wednesday. So if it was an error on my part, it was because you were not specific enough sorry.

Condestavel said:
Mr.X said:
Condestavel said:

Your edit is from 29th, and I thought that "tomorrow" would meant the 30th wednesday. So if it was an error on my part, it was because you were not specific enough sorry.

Ya, my bad. 2AM forum time is about 9PM the previous day for me

Alright, I think Willy has spoken to Condestavel and I've spoken to X. We're OK for you to play this match after the deadline but please, get this match played as soon as possible. I think this is what happens when scheduling is left to the last minute. Once this is out the way, I hope both teams will be able to catch up and get back on track, with their next matches.

Just a question, as I'm trying to learn the GMT conversion for the future. Is this website accurate?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/convert/

If so, that would mean 4PM (EST, which I assume is East Coast, US) for the US team on the East Coast, 3PM for the US team in US Central time, and 1 PM for the US team on the West Coast?

<.< Not our captain/scheduler, just very curious to learn a different metric for time.

Condestavel said:
Since weekend is the best time for you, we propose saturday (tomorrow) at 21:00 GMT+0 BST (21:00 GMT +1)

Accepted. I believe that is 4 EST.

See you tomorrow (Saturday, April the 2nd).

I'll be there tomorrow to record this match.

And yeah, that website is accurate.

EDIT: Could someone add me on Steam (kittenhuffa) and tell me what server you'll play on and what the password will be and so on? I'd add you guys, but I haven't bought a game through Steam so I can't add friends.

Kittenhuffer said:

EDIT: Could someone add me on Steam (kittenhuffa) and tell me what server you'll play on and what the password will be and so on? I'd add you guys, but I haven't bought a game through Steam so I can't add friends.

Added.

Kittenhuffer said:

Added.

Imperium Lusitanum isn't showing up on the server list.

USA - 14
Portugal - 4
2 Draws

Twas a good game, but I think we need to review the rules concerning forcing draws.
I mean, I understand if we're fighting and the time runs out, but going all cav and sending guys into die every 30 seconds after 2:30 to stop motf seems against the spirit of the game.

Mr.X said:
USA - 14
Portugal - 4
2 Draws

Twas a good game, but I think we need to review the rules concerning forcing draws.
I mean, I understand if we're fighting and the time runs out, but going all cav and sending guys into die every 30 seconds after 2:30 to stop motf seems against the spirit of the game.

gg Portugal.

Thanks to Lust and Kittenhuffer for reffing.

A draw is one thing. It's totally fine if both teams are making reasonable attempts to engage the enemy in the match.

Obviously forcing a draw to rob another team of a victory is another thing entirely and should not be allowed whatsoever. We came here to compete, not to chase people around the map because they don't want to play the game.

To the NC organizers:

Original text by Condestavel

In the name of the portuguese team, I came here to state a few things:

Sadnhappy stated: "Only captains are allowed to use global chat"
In the referee Guide is stated: "Some people just want to talk. Sometimes they talk too much. Excessive trash talk in the main channel is forbidden. Make sure it doesn't happen."

In a total disregard for this rules of conduct, the US team abused the regular chat even after, early on the match, I requested otherwise. What is worse, and it is the basis for this formal complaint, is that the chat was abused most of the times in order to harrass and flame the portuguese players in a manner that should not be permited in a competition of nations like this one. My players and I were very distressed and unhappy by the mockery made to us in this fashion. I will present screenshots of this happenings so that it constitutes undeniable proof.

As a team captain for Portugal I cannot let this go and pretend nothing hapened as my players were very dismotivated by what transpired. In that regard, and again, because of the violation of the rules of conduct, we are moving for default win for Portugal.

In another matter, there was a "problem" regarding one of my players - Boltzman - wich acording to Captain Lust he was not on the portuguese rooster. I tried several times in a friendly dialogue to resolve the issue stating that he was indeed in the rooster and proof was a PM sent by me  to our referee for this match kittenhufer back when the final roosters for the national teams were being made. kittenhufer even confirmed it in the presence of captain lust and I have a reply from him (from that time) stating that the boltzman was in the team. It is my understanding that the organizers should at the very least give the benefit of the doubt for matter they have doubts, but captain  lust was I might say arrogant and forced me to quickly post before the match a suposed substitution for boltzman who was in fact in the team. This doesnt help at all. I understand that organizaers want to enforce the rules and I aplaud that, but to do it so unjustly is to create resentment.

A final and quick note about the issue raised by the USA team about the draws, not to be confused by our complaint but to further validate our positions, even captain lust in the portuguese TS told me it was very aceptable to fight for the draw due to the ping diferences. So it is legal and USA should read the rules before undermine other team tactics.

We will wait for an oficial response to this matter, wich we will oblige of course. And any questions regardings this issues feel free to ask me.

Best regards.

mb58.jpg

mb56.jpg

mb52.jpg

mbwar-20110402-225833.bmp

mbwar-20110402-225843.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom