United PW Town Guard [Recruiting!]

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-Game Name-Madman_adyb
Age-15
Nationality-english
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?-Yes a person in-game called Escoly
                                                                    Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)
Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do? Well i would speak to the looter and ask them would they like their body to be looted after they died. then i would ask them to put the stuff down and be on there way.If the didnt comply i would give them 3 chances before i arrest them or ask them to pay a fine for theiving, if they resisted or ran away i would give chase and use force to make sure justice is served.

There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?
I would stand between them and ask them to stop before they are arrested.Then i would try to find the cause of the fight ,if they didnt listen and carried on fighting i would arrest them and give them time to think about their actions,when they have had time to think i would ask them what good does the fighting do and how it could of been resolved without fighting and causing shock among the other townsmen and women. Then they would have to pay a fine from 800g-1k.
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?
i would ask the murderer why he killed the other commoner, then i would give him words of advice on why killing another person for no reason is bad,then i would give him a fine of 500g then ask him to pay 1k for the victim to get his items back.

You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down? I would speak with them and tell them that resisting is only going to make it worse for themselves,if they carry on then i will use the law to make sure they are taken down a few steps.
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?- i would tell the theif to pay a fine of 1k for a new horse for the victim then iwill buy a new horse for the victim and tell himto come to me next time he has a problem because i will help as much as i can/.
THANKS FOR READING I HOPE I CAN JOIN.

Rifpin said:
killer110 said:
I have decided after some thought I've decided to abstain on any applications I have not yet voted on. This is due to the fact that I simply am unable to review or even read them due to RL time constraints. To make up for it I'm going to give Ripfin a No because he failed the first question. ESPECIALLY because he did it when I wrote that that answer is just TWO PAGES AGO.

Now I apologize, but I answered honestly despite reading the thread.  Being penalized for not copy pasting the answer is ridiculous.  If this is some sort of exam where there is only one correct answer then that's fine, but perhaps the lawbook should be a bit more elaborate in that case.  Conjecturing what to do based on either a. seeing where other people messed up or b. just guessing correctly is silly.

To expound, what's the point of having such an exam if all the answers are available, but not where someone would expect them?  And to make it even worse, the correct answer is almost the opposite of the stated laws in the original post!
You make a very good point here. But what I said two pages ago didn't tell you what you should write but merely what one should neither do in-game or post in their application (as such). Just because I'm saying that one answer to a question is wrong doesn't mean I'm giving out the answer. In fact the way I see the questions aren't broad enough because there could be dozens of variables in them but in the end they would have to be summed up as they are now. To your very last point I'd ask you to point out which laws say that so that I could either correct you or do something about that law. Oh and I now look at you more favourably because of your non-ragy response. Congrats brah :mrgreen:

adyb said:
In-Game Name-Madman_adyb
Age-15
Nationality-english
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?-Yes a person in-game called Escoly
                                                                    Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)
Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do? Well i would speak to the looter and ask them would they like their body to be looted after they died. then i would ask them to put the stuff down and be on there way.If the didnt comply i would give them 3 chances before i arrest them or ask them to pay a fine for theiving, if they resisted or ran away i would give chase and use force to make sure justice is served.

There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?
I would stand between them and ask them to stop before they are arrested.Then i would try to find the cause of the fight ,if they didnt listen and carried on fighting i would arrest them and give them time to think about their actions,when they have had time to think i would ask them what good does the fighting do and how it could of been resolved without fighting and causing shock among the other townsmen and women. Then they would have to pay a fine from 800g-1k.
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?
i would ask the murderer why he killed the other commoner, then i would give him words of advice on why killing another person for no reason is bad,then i would give him a fine of 500g then ask him to pay 1k for the victim to get his items back.

You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down? I would speak with them and tell them that resisting is only going to make it worse for themselves,if they carry on then i will use the law to make sure they are taken down a few steps.
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?- i would tell the theif to pay a fine of 1k for a new horse for the victim then iwill buy a new horse for the victim and tell himto come to me next time he has a problem because i will help as much as i can/.
THANKS FOR READING I HOPE I CAN JOIN.
No for bad first answer. Oh and I'm still gonna use this as a reason for Noes until the situation is sorted.

Gwyrdh said:
Benedictus said:
Scorpia said:
Promote me and i'll do it :grin:

I'd say Scorpia should be promoted actually.

Sergeant Scorpia it is then. If you be my ***** and answer the apps.
Take away his promotion and I'll do all the apps within a few hours. Just to prove I'm epicer. And besides I'm actually on the panel so it'll be less "corrupt". :mrgreen:

Edit:+50 points for first post on page 4!

killer110 said:
Rifpin said:
killer110 said:
I have decided after some thought I've decided to abstain on any applications I have not yet voted on. This is due to the fact that I simply am unable to review or even read them due to RL time constraints. To make up for it I'm going to give Ripfin a No because he failed the first question. ESPECIALLY because he did it when I wrote that that answer is just TWO PAGES AGO.

Now I apologize, but I answered honestly despite reading the thread.  Being penalized for not copy pasting the answer is ridiculous.  If this is some sort of exam where there is only one correct answer then that's fine, but perhaps the lawbook should be a bit more elaborate in that case.  Conjecturing what to do based on either a. seeing where other people messed up or b. just guessing correctly is silly.

To expound, what's the point of having such an exam if all the answers are available, but not where someone would expect them?  And to make it even worse, the correct answer is almost the opposite of the stated laws in the original post!
You make a very good point here. But what I said two pages ago didn't tell you what you should write but merely what one should neither do in-game or post in their application (as such). Just because I'm saying that one answer to a question is wrong doesn't mean I'm giving out the answer. In fact the way I see the questions aren't broad enough because there could be dozens of variables in them but in the end they would have to be summed up as they are now. To your very last point I'd ask you to point out which laws say that so that I could either correct you or do something about that law. Oh and I now look at you more favourably because of your non-ragy response. Congrats brah :mrgreen:

Well thank you very much.  I wasn't at all upset, more a bit bemused/confused, as this is of course at least somewhat your organization, you dictate how it is.  The law in question that confused me was

"Item Theft: The stealing of any item of any particular price - the stolen items can include anything of belonging to another person which you wrongly took from their person upon their death or the accidental dropping of said item."

I read this to address the issue, but I suppose "wrongly took" is the vague phrase here.

And I really should've just gone with the answer before, but I felt like that would be cheap. 

Anyways, thanks for the response.

Not meaning to sound impatient but I made my post a bit back and it hasnt been answered yet but Rifnins has. Please check it out, I know my past has been bad (on there side) but  i could be a real help as to how criminals think!!

Rifpin said:
killer110 said:
Rifpin said:
killer110 said:

Well thank you very much.  I wasn't at all upset, more a bit bemused/confused, as this is of course at least somewhat your organization, you dictate how it is.  The law in question that confused me was

"Item Theft: The stealing of any item of any particular price - the stolen items can include anything of belonging to another person which you wrongly took from their person upon their death or the accidental dropping of said item."

I read this to address the issue, but I suppose "wrongly took" is the vague phrase here.

And I really should've just gone with the answer before, but I felt like that would be cheap. 

Anyways, thanks for the response.
Yeah the Item Theft only applies to things you can hold in your hands like a sword or a bucket. But it should still be remembered that if that person killed someone and looted their armour then forcing them to give it back would be breaking NLR.

Raging Womble said:
Not meaning to sound impatient but I made my post a bit back and it hasnt been answered yet but Rifnins has. Please check it out, I know my past has been bad (on there side) but  i could be a real help as to how criminals think!!
killer110 said:
I have decided after some thought I've decided to abstain on any applications I have not yet voted on. This is due to the fact that I simply am unable to review or even read them due to RL time constraints.
I only did Riftin's because I could.

Ok flashback will not be allowed in. I've already had complaints ingame about him, so i'll sort it out ingame. Also thanks for the promotion!
If you haven't been answered on your application. PM me or bump it. (In a small post)

Scorpia said:
Ok flashback will not be allowed in. I've already had complaints ingame about him, so i'll sort it out ingame. Also thanks for the promotion!
If you haven't been answered on your application. PM me or bump it. (In a small post)
Not so fast! Don't you still have to do all those applications first?

killer110 said:
Scorpia said:
Not so fast! Don't you still have to do all those applications first?

he aint your slave andres your sergeant do it yourself instead of barking ppl arround
thats why the first TW failed officers were telling the pvt and cpl what to do and did nothing themselves
and i still dont like ya andres and never will

I didn't say anything about not finishing any applications. If you want i can put my vouches in? There will be some i'll say "No" too and some i'll say "Yes" to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom