Unit dosen't listen my orders

Users who are viewing this thread

Kingricky

Regular
Hi all i've a problem, sometimes not always unit dosen't obey to my orders, they keep the position for all the fight, the only order that they do is the retreat...... any suggestion?

Kingricky said:
Hi all i've a problem, sometimes not always unit dosen't obey to my orders, they keep the position for all the fight, the only order that they do is the retreat...... any suggestion?
if they dont listen press U

If you have enough troops they all start in a formation.
u will disassemble it as you know, k works for infantry and makes them building a shieldwall, and there should be also a key for ranks which is what the archers do and wedges for cavalry. I don't know the keys for that though. I never use them. To begin with formations confuses me more than it helps me but that's just me.

U - disassemble formations
k  -  shieldwall
l  -  ranks
;  -  square

If i remember correctly, these are the keys for the formations. Which version are you using? The pre10 version has a problem with the formations and it may not work properly. The svn versions have it implemented properly though. They are effective when used properly.  :wink:

So, how do you make your infantry move up that hill and build a shieldwall? I can make them move as shieldwall by using the commanding interace but that gives one a hard time to target the hill in the minimap or I order them by pressing F1 which ends in that they move back after a while if I don't order them to stand ground when they actually reached the hill.

I usually don't have the time to check when, where and who does what in a battle.
What am I doing wrong?

Edit: L for ranks if you mean this key is the last messages windows on my pc.

Disassemble formation, press and hold F1 and release it after pointing to the hill, then press k. If you want them to move in shieldwall formation to the hill, pressing and holding F1 should work, it always works for me with the square formation. Though pressing F1 twice glitches the formation sometimes.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
I usually don't have the time to check when, where and who does what in a battle.
Edit: L for ranks if you mean this key is the last messages windows on my pc.

Oh, then it might be ' for ranks

Hmm, ok. I'll check this once again. Usually when sending them from point A to point B in formation they start walking and all of a sudden retreat to the map's end.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Hmm, ok. I'll check this once again. Usually when sending them from point A to point B in formation they start walking and all of a sudden retreat to the map's end.

That is exactly the problem pre10 had, but when i played with svn rev96 (?) it had been solved. Has it come back again?

Well, don't know. It is the same problem in Brytenwalda. I thought I am not able to handle formations correctly.
Btw. it is revision 179 by now.  :razz:

Brytenwalda has same problem? Then its a problem with motomaru's script i guess. It was working fine for me with the earlier svn versions. Let me check with the current one.

Ritter Dummbatz said:
Btw. it is revision 179 by now.  :razz:
Yeah, I lost track of the updates somewhere around 130. Time to do some updating.  :lol:

Back
Top Bottom