SP - General Unit Control, Upgrading, and Recruiting Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

randy1dandy

Recruit
1.To give a feeling of more power to the leader clan of a kingdom, they should have more control over soldiers/units.
So this is my suggestion for how to go about that.

Suggestion: Control over all soldiers in my kingdom:
In my city, there should be a (Kingdom Soldiers) button. Once I click on it, it gives me a list of all the soldiers currently under the command of my vassals and clan members. and I should be able to relocate from one party to another, even take their units into my own party, and give my units to their parties. (with a little delay for realism)

2.Being the king of a kingdom, I don't feel too great running around villages and cities to recruit soldiers. The soldiers should come to me if I just paid them.

Suggestion: Recruiting batches
In my city, there should be a (Order Recruitment) button. Once I click it, it should give me the option to choose the number and type of units I want to be recruited. And after a delay ( delay time depending on number and strength of units I ordered ) The units should spawn in that cities garrison.

3.Being such a powerful kingdom, It feels kind of weird that I'm sending these men with no armor into the front lines... why am I letting my people die like that? I have enough money to buy them armor.

Suggestion: Speed up unit experience gain while garrisoned, to a point that it it's worth paying for that extra garrison wage.

4.Upgrading units is currently very simple and takes away from the immersion. Lowlife scum shouldn't be able to get armor out of no where; New Kingdoms shouldn't have the knowledge to make great armor from the start.

Suggestion: We need to have a 2nd requirement for unit upgrades. These two things should be required to upgrade a unit:
A.[Experience] Same as it is. Used to upgrade a unit.
B.[Equipment] Each clan has number of equipment (currency) which are required to upgrade units. (Stronger units need more equipment)

Gaining [Equipment] should have two methods:
A.For small clans: Can buy [equipment] (currency) from smithery, using denars. should be expensive enough so each soldiers armor actually costs a fair price.
B.For kingdoms: [equipment] should be gained through buildings in cities. So we also need two new types of buildings:

Smithery Building: Should be simply taking Ores and metals from the city market and turning it into [equipment] currency for the kingdom.
Research Center Building: These centers should be upgradable buildings that speed up the smithery process, so the more and better your research centers, the faster you turn iron/silver/etc into [equipment]. (A research center should speed up all smithery buildings under the same kingdoms rule, even if in different cities.)

Thank you :smile:
PS; Love the new features of 1.8 Beta, Can't wait for the future updates!

The Carthagians didn’t use War Elephants, Skirmish Cav and Slingers because that was their personal preference, they used them because they had access to elite versions in the area.

The want for “player designed troops” is far more of a fantasy element then what it’s advocates understand. This is best left to a mod, just like any other hard departures from historical standards.

The Carthagians didn’t use War Elephants, Skirmish Cav and Slingers because that was their personal preference, they used them because they had access to elite versions in the area.

The want for “player designed troops” is far more of a fantasy element then what it’s advocates understand. This is best left to a mod, just like any other hard departures from historical standards.
I'm gonna assume you replied to the wrong thread by mistake.

Back
Top Bottom