SP - General Unit aggressiveness based on units health.

Users who are viewing this thread

Kreu2009

Sergeant
It would be nice if units that just got hit or are low on health were a bit less aggressive, at least for a short time.
That would help with several issues.

1. Fighting AI soldiers would be a bit more interresting. Especially in tournaments i often notice my AI oponent being very agressive after getting hit.
This results in me being able to hit him quickly three of more times in a row and killing him without any effort. The AI goes way to often for an counter attack after receiving damage.

2. Less unecessary casualties. If units would focus more on defense after receiving damage, it would be more likely that they can be saved by other AI comrades.

3. Would also help to make fights at least a little bit longer. Right now even really big battles can be over rather quickly.

Of course they shouldn't get too passive. Its not fun to fight an AI that is completely turteling behind his shield. They should still attack but less. Instead of constantly pushing up to the enemy they should hold their ground. Also feints should still work of course.

I would agree. Though it would only make battles take longer if both armies are fairly matched and aren't all archers on one side. Because if one army is stronger then the other and they take less damage then it would be an easy steam roll because they won't play passive. The weaker army however will play really passive from taking so much damage. Same thing with fighting archers. Archers won't get hit until the enemy gets close. IF the enemy takes damage on the way there then they will get really slowed down. Making archers in theory even better.

Though it would only make battles take longer if both armies are fairly matched and aren't all archers on one side. Because if one army is stronger then the other and they take less damage then it would be an easy steam roll because they won't play passive.
I would really like to test what would happen. I think AI behaviour is already modable? I think the fight would still take longer but the winning side would take less damage as they currently do (Which i would consider to be good). But i can't know of course.

Archers won't get hit until the enemy gets close. IF the enemy takes damage on the way there then they will get really slowed down. Making archers in theory even better.
Yeah true Archers really don't need a buff right now.

So i would suggest soldiers should only be more passive for one or two seconds after they just got hit.
When one took damage they should most of the time try to block the next attack instead of going for an imidiate counter attack.
After that they go back to normal behaviour.

Yeah i would like to see what would happen. With the archers problem i think they could just make infantry put up their shields when archers are shooting at them. Just how they equip their polearms when cavalry are around. Should be an easy feature. Or they could also just make the commanders know how to form a shield wall.

Back
Top Bottom