Unique Units Based on Recruitment Region

Users who are viewing this thread

Gewehr98

Sergeant
Hey guys,

I don't know how much of a pain in the neck this would be for Doc to do, but it might be cool to get some additional unique unit types based on where you're recruiting from. I know recruiting in Scotland allows you to get Highlanders, but everywhere else you just get regular old British troops.

I was thinking maybe you could get Royal Scots Greys in Scotland for a unique cav unit, maybe Royal Irish Fusiliers (Prince of Wales's Irish during 1809) or Connaught Rangers in Ireland, 23rd Regiment of Foot (Royal Welch Fusiliers) in Cardiff, 33rd Foot in Sheffield, maybe put in Chelmsford for the South Essex, etc.

If you have other regional based regiments that might be worth adding, please add them.

Note to Doc: If this is too much of a pain in the neck let me/us know.

I understand what your asking, but is it really necessary? Most of the infantry regiment's shared a similar uniform - and although I would love to see the 23rd in-game: it would be rather pointless.

Connzcdf said:
I understand what your asking, but is it really necessary? Most of the infantry regiment's shared a similar uniform - and although I would love to see the 23rd in-game: it would be rather pointless.

Not necessary I don't think, but might something fun for post release?

Gewehr98 said:
Connzcdf said:

Not necessary I don't think, but might something fun for post release?

+1 for post release.

Maybe an Uhlan regiment for Russia recruitable in Grodno and the surrounding villages. The "Horse" and later "Uhlan" regiments were uniquely raised almost exclusively from the former Polish-Lithuanian territories. If there were any settlements in the Taurician province (specifically the eastern exclave around modern-day Krasnodar), I'd suggest the Black Sea cossacks as well - they still wore the kuntush, kobenyak and khokhol and would be a neat splash of "colour". The cossack unit already in the game would then have to be specified as the Don Host - it could stay in the regular troop-tree due to the ubiquitous presence of Don regiments in all of Russia's campaigns. Also in Taurica - Crimea proper - was the Balaklava Greek Battalion, but they didn't see action against the Turks in 1809...  they did in 1810, a whopping 30 of them at Trabzon.

ulan1.jpg

ulan6.jpg
Voltz4.jpg

%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%BF%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B7%D1%8C%D0%BA%D1%96_%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE_%D0%A7%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D1%8C%D0%BA%D1%96_%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0%D0%BA%D0%B8_1804.jpg

101659_original.jpg
GAPIlFo2.jpg

For Austria, the Grenzers would be an obvious choice. The troops and their equipment is already in the mod, but are inaccessible due to not being tied to any of the troop-trees.

That's interesting but isn't that kinda implemented, albeit very little? If you recruit line infantry in Scotland you get the Scottish black watch but either way it would be neat to expand on it.

Franko said:
That's interesting but isn't that kinda implemented, albeit very little? If you recruit line infantry in Scotland you get the Scottish black watch but either way it would be neat to expand on it.

Yeah, I noted that in the OP and think it's awesome, and hence suggestions for later expansion.

Can you or will you be able recruit soldiers from the colonies? Just for that I'd make a new character full of soldiers from the Dutch Indies.

Just keep in mind that for just one unit, that's not just one but three distinct uniforms as well for the ranker, NCOs, and officers.  Heck, some of the units that are in already don't have all the pieces of their proper uniforms still.

Definitely a very time-consuming request, however interesting.

WilsonMG said:
Just keep in mind that for just one unit, that's not just one but three distinct uniforms as well for the ranker, NCOs, and officers.  Heck, some of the units that are in already don't have all the pieces of their proper uniforms still.

Definitely a very time-consuming request, however interesting.

Very true, which is why it would probably be one of the last things to do.

The British uniforms are very much, well, uniform, so it would be a matter of changing facing colors and lace, but that's probably not the easiest thing in the world to do, especially with how well done Doc's uniforms are.

Back
Top Bottom