Native OSP 3D Art Unique Armoury 1.1 (Litchina)

Users who are viewing this thread

Talak

Sergeant Knight
Updated 8th November 2009

Note: All ingame screenshots use Aquila's Face Textures and Zaro's Graphical Enhancement 2.5.

Unique Armoury

A collection of unique semi-historical items fitting to the Mount&Blade themes.

Part One: Weapons, Shields and Helms - completed (Unique Armoury 1.0)
Part Two: Boots, Gauntlets and Greaves - in progress; boots released (Unique Armoury 1.1)

Part One (version 1.0) has been completed. I'm now working towards the next version, which will focus on boots and gauntlets. They will be designed to replace the Native ones. Screenshots at the bottom of the post.

Visit this thread if you're interested in a tutorial on how I've made a mace for the mod:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,48092.0.html

History
1.1 - added six pairs of new boots to replace native ones, renamed most files for compatibility, reduced halberd, jomsviking shield and nordic axe specularity, improved some textures, increased nordic axe model length, seax shows as a secondary weapon, increased damage on some weapons slightly, added two-handed mace (alternate to flanged mace)
1.0 - added halberd, bearded axe, nordic sword, great lance, seax, added scabbards for the swords, moved bastard sword and estoc to back carrying position, removed unnecessarily high res textures, improved some textures slightly
0.85 - Added flanged mace, renamed bastard sword to Hand and a Half sword ingame, incorporated spangenhelm and nordic axe fix, added option for high or low res textures
0.8 - Added spangenhelm, improved some textures slightly, made estoc a one / two handed weapon and increased it's size, changed nordic axe to use polearm style, included proper black weapons fix
0.7 - Added estoc, made some minor adjustments to item attributes, improved sugarloaf texture, added environment mapping to swords
0.65 - Added foil
0.6 - Added crowned helm (plain and ornate), improved DX7 compatibility
0.5 - Added Sutton Hoo helmet and Level of Detail meshes for all items
0.46 - Shrunk warhammer, morningstar, katzbalger, and jomsviking axe, improved great helm specularity
0.45 - Added buckler
0.4 - Added katzbalger, renamed morningstar, replaced scabbard models with weapon models for now
0.36 - Fixed damage types and amounts, optimised shield mesh
0.35 - Added warhammer, added item_kinds1.txt
0.3 - Added great helm
0.25 - Added two-handed morningstar, improved specularity
0.2 - Added bastard sword and jomsviking axe
0.15 - Added jomsviking shield
0.1 - Initial release (nordic axe)

Request Guidelines
- no fantasy or outlandish weapons
- no firearms
- I'm not going for 100% historical accuracy, but they do need to fit the M&B theme and era, give or take a few hundred years.
- I'm not doing every request, only those I like and have the time to do.
- In general, I'm avoiding items that have already been made by other modders.

Download
If anyone wishes to use these in a mod, there's no need to ask permission, just give credit.
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=9&id=897
[-] Thanks to Eidron (Amroth from modrealms.com) [Link removed, not working anymore, Moderator]

Rath0s has kindly updated UA to work with DirectX 7; hopefully there won't be any more black items. Only needed if you have the black items problem.
[Link removed, not working anymore, Moderator]

See this thread for a Band of Warriors compatible item_kinds1.txt file (all the items have been added for you):
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,62057.0.html

Usage
Check the included readme.txt file for important info and install instructions.
File contents: (Use these filenames in the Item Editor or item_kinds1.txt)
talak_nordic_axe - 622 / 360 triangles
talak_jomsviking_shield - 527 / 224 triangles
talak_jomsviking_axe - 386 /108 triangles
talak_bastard_sword - 822 / 340 / 156 triangles
talak_morningstar - 718 / 355 triangles
talak_sugarloaf_helm - 420 / 186 triangles
talak_warhammer - 418 / 312 triangles
talak_katzbalger - 834 / 306 triangles
talak_buckler - 408 / 118 triangles
talak_sutton hoo - 1076 / 406 / 164 triangles
talak_crown & talak_crown_ornate - 968 / 494 / 196 triangles
talak_foil - 574 / 222 triangles
talak_estoc - 550 / 212 triangles
talak_spangenhelm - 1478 / 1002 / 300 triangles
talak_flanged_mace & talak_long_mace - 884 / 448 / 264 triangles
talak_halberd - 344 triangles
talak_bearded_axe - 470 triangles
talak_nordic_sword - 626 triangles
talak_lance - 558 triangles
talak_seax - 310 triangles

The items are all added to the game. You will need to wait several days for them to show up in stores.

These items have slightly higher polycount and texture size than native items, so use with caution if you are equipping large numbers of troops with them on older computers. Shouldn't affect modern computers.

Part 1 ingame screenshots (click for larger size):
Note that some items may have been updated since taking these screenshots.

Inspired by Ganbat Badamkhands brilliant poster, I created this 2-handed axe:

Jomsviking shield and axe:

Bastard sword:

Two-handed Morningstar:

Sugarloaf Helm:

Warhammer:

Katzbalger:

Sutton Hoo:

Crowned Great Helm:

Foil and Buckler:

Estoc:

Spangenhelm:

Flanged Mace:

Halberd:

Northman's Sword:

One-handed Bearded Axe:

Great Lance:

Seax:

Part 2 ingame screenshots:
Note that some items may have been updated since taking these screenshots.

Hide Boots, Leather Boots, Chausses, Splinted Greaves, Mail Boots, Iron Greaves:
all_boots2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job man!!! u should put them together along with some armors and weapons made by the community, so we could have a native game but with lots and lots of new great weapons and armors!!! ^^ XD

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Next up, I'll be making a halberd or two, as they're currently missing from native (I made one a while ago, but the texturing is poor), and perhaps a warhammer, as there's not many.

If you have any suggestions / requests post them, but bear in mind the items will be mostly historically based, so no fantasy.

I request a ceremonial longsword. Nice hilt, nice blade, with a dragon etched on the blade. But that'd be pretty hard to make I think.

Really sweet man, love the engraving.  How about a double bladed axe next, something similar to this maybe, minus the skull engraving.  Though anything double bladed would be cool.

xd617l.jpg

I'd died out of happiness if U considered making those axes and shields  :mrgreen:

I have been dreaming days and nights for these, only if I have learnt smth about making stuffs in 3D ...  :sad:

if you could make a few more curved blades, like scimitars, and the like. would be great to have a few nicer curved weapons.

SuperB work dude, I can't wait to see more of your work.
Could you make a cool looking voulge? I really love that weapon but its plain ugly.

Arzeal: I've made your shield, see the first post.  I'll put it ingame soon.  Let me know some more about it if you can, ie what is it called, what nationality etc.

Some good suggestions here.  I'll work on some scimitars and a voulge (or maybe a lochaber) sometime.  Not sure yet about the double axe, as I don't think they were ever used historically.  I'll probably do the longsword too.

No promises though; I'll work on it when I have some spare time.

Arzeal said:
I'd died out of happiness if U considered making those axes and shields :mrgreen:

Talak said:
Arzeal: I've made your shield, see the first post.  I'll put it ingame soon.  Let me know some more about it if you can, ie what is it called, what nationality etc.

Some good suggestions here.  I'll work on some scimitars and a voulge (or maybe a lochaber) sometime.  Not sure yet about the double axe, as I don't think they were ever used historically.  I'll probably do the longsword too.

No promises though; I'll work on it when I have some spare time.

He hates you.

yyppeee !!!!  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:
I'm soooo happy for these shields, I'm gonna equip all of my companions w. those shields.
Thanks alot, Talak !!! You r my hero \o/
Btw, those shields and axes are from Vinland Saga, a rare historical Viking manga ("historical" to a degree of history, battles and equipments, those Japanese always made super man battle and fighting btw  :lol: - some Viking lovers in taleworld forums metioned about this manga long ago and I felt in love w. it instantly)
They are axes and shields of the JomsViking, a legendary Norse Viking warriors company. 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jomsviking

Here's another screenshot:

If u dont hate manga and want to make it, please make it 1-handled to go 2gether w. the shield plz  :grin:
Here's the manga if u r interested ^^
http://www.onemanga.com/Vinland_Saga/

Arzeal: Glad you like it.  I'll make the axe sometime soon.  Thanks for the info, the manga looks quite good.

Edit:  Shield added to game.  Screenshot in first post

I just did a quick search on axes to see if double headed/bladed axes were actually used historically and according to the BBC (in this article look for "The Axe", read the end of the first paragraph) double bladed axes did exist, whether or not they were widely used I have yet to find out.

So make my axe!!!  Just kidding. :razz:

Actually there a quite a number of better looking Double Bladed Axes out there then the one I posted, if you were going to make one that is.

nice job, its people like you who keep forums going and improveing the game for free, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom