SP - Quests Unify Empire Main Story Quest

Users who are viewing this thread

I have one simple suggestion.
Remove the timer. Completely remove the timer from the main quest. This game is supposed to be sandbox, why did my MAIN storyline quest suddenly fail? Luckily I formed my Empire already, so at least I've got that, unfortunately I can't continue the questline, making the game a bit less fun. I'll still play it tons, but knowing that I have to quickly progress because there's a deadline on the main quest is, I think, not a great idea.

I agree ... have been playing as a Vlandian vassal and i'm at day 780ish then i receive the quest failed notification. Since you need the quest to start a kingdom I am SOL. The timer definitely needs to be remove or drastically extended. The worst part about it is the fact that it tells you 10 years without context or displaying a deadline in the quest log. I have read other threads that say the same thing and it even seems to vary on what day they receive this notification. I've seen some that get it at day 600ish and some at 1000+.

p.s. I hope they fix the female characters in the game so they don't look like they've had a stroke.

Last edited:
I agree ... have been playing as a Vlandian vassal and i'm at day 780ish then i receive the quest failed notification. Since you need the quest to start a kingdom I am SOL. The timer definitely needs to be remove or drastically extended. The worst part about it is the fact that it tells you 10 years without context or displaying a deadline in the quest log. I have read other threads that say the same thing and it even seems to vary on what day they receive this notification. I've seen some that get it at day 600ish and some at 1000+.

p.s. I hope they fix the female characters in the game so they don't look like they've had a stroke.
My quest line failed around the 840 day like lots of other people.

Just read PatchNotes for the update put out today .... looks like the issue was fixed! Atleast I know TaleWorlds is putting in work to fix things unlike a lot of other companies out there. @ZygoUgo @McMace @PossessedDevil

edit: Disregard what i said .... it isn't fixed yet XD.

Last edited:
Just read PatchNotes for the update put out today .... looks like the issue was fixed! Atleast I know TaleWorlds is putting in work to fix things unlike a lot of other companies out there. @ZygoUgo @McMace @PossessedDevil

edit: Disregard what i said .... it isn't fixed yet XD.
They actually say that they did fix it in the latest 1.0.11 patch notes, as of in this case saying "Fixed the bug that caused main storyline quests in later stages to terminate after 10 years.". Unless they didn't actually fix it, but I hope it's fixed. @Feraln @PossessedDevil @ZygoUgo

edit: Even though it didn't seem like a "bug" because of the warning we got when the quest timed out ==> "Failed to complete the mission in 10 years"

Last edited:
I hope it's fixed as I'm not making any particular effort to track these characters down, just bumping in to them on my adventures which is how I like to play it :smile:

Yes, and it is surely a pain after all that hard grinding to see that just before you win the quest fails and everything crumbles before you. Here I am, finally starting over with visions of a successful campaign in my eyes & the pain of tracking these peeps down.

Also wanted to comment that I agree with the original post. The timer is forcing actions on the players. Also, conspiracy sub-quest could probably be removed in its entirety. I've played up to the point where I have started a small kingdom twice now and I'm considering either waiting for this to be resolved before playing further, or starting over a 3rd time. The issue is this is becoming a "grind" issue where I'm constantly doing things to progress faster to get ahead of the timer instead of being fully involved in the game and playing it out as things develop. There's no need for a timer to force players into rushing. IF it takes me a full year to play through the game, so what? If not being able to conquer Calradia in a matter of weeks leads players to walk away, then that's definitely a problem.

2000 plus hours with Warband, about 150 with Bannerlord.

Just a quick follow on, my experience now is with Beta 1.3. I have my own small kingdom. Conspiracy is running and seems like every time the timer completes another kingdom goes to war with me (the status says I declared war on them, but I didnt). First kingdom is down to only 2 cities left, but I can't proceed to end the war as that option is greyed out. Strongest nation in the game is now at war with me, and in a little bit when (if as I suspect) the conspiracy counts down the 3rd time, I'll be wiped off the map.

I would suggest that "Conspiracy" is just a bad idea/concept and should be removed.

Back
Top Bottom