Unhappy vassals...

Users who are viewing this thread

Tercio23

Recruit
Deshavi and Lezalit dont like me, they dont appear at the feasts i host and i think they dont answer to my marshall calls. i dont know how to increase relation with them, since you cant do them favors and giving them a fief doesnt help much, a village for example only adds 10 points (other lords get angry too)

And does somebody know why i should listen to my lords recommendations when granting a castle/city? less relation penalties?ss

Uhm, many ppl don't convert companions to lords since they are far more useful in your party and there are a hole bunch of lords that you can recruit.
Second there are noble companions that are lord material and non-nobles that give you relationship penalties with some of the other lords.
Third every hero when converted to lord has a certain personality that influences how they will behave and what floats there boat, some are militarist, others are upstanding, sneaky etc.

Offtopic: there is a thread called "A single player manual" on the top of this forum (read page 1 at least) that will a lot of your questions about the game. Also there is a thread called "Unofficial 'Ask Questions About Warband Singleplayer Here' Thread".

ive read the singleplayer manual but there wasnt much information on the unhappy lords... :sad:

if i recluit lords from other factions only then, i would still have the problem that granting fiefs gives relation penalties. sooner or later, a lord who hasnt received something for a longtime will have low relations with you. and i dont understand how someone who holds 2 castles and 1-2 villages, or 1 town and 1 castle, can still be upset about how i manage my lands.

its just unrealistic in that matter. i dont understand how someone holding so much lands (the vassals from the AI have far fewer fiefdoms than my vassals have) can still not be happy about something....

Tercio23 said:
its just unrealistic in that matter. i dont understand how someone holding so much lands (the vassals from the AI have far fewer fiefdoms than my vassals have) can still not be happy about something....

This complaint too has been asked/answered many times in the Forums, a quick search (using that handy-dandy built-in search feature) would help you immensely.

As to dealing with your unhappy Lords, there are a few other in-game ways (besides keep giving them fiefs) that you can use to help deal with them.  Hold Feasts, greet them at the Feast once to get a +1 relationship bonus and you will also get a bonus for any Lords that stick around until the end of the Feast.  The other way would be to help them out when they are in battles (the worse the odds are for them, the more relationship bonus you get with them).  Another way would be to rescue them if they've been captured, either if they are in a prison somewhere or traveling around as a prisoner in another party.

For your Lords who don't like each other, talk to your wife about ways to improve your Realm's standing.  She'll usually have a Quest for you to talk to two Lords to stop their bickering with each other.

The game isn't meant to be easy. 

yes, problem is, those who are unhappy dont appear at the feasts. and i have 12-14 vassals, from which 2 are on -35 to -10.

the game is not meant to be easy, yes, but im quite good at this game actually. what the programmers tell me to do is therefore to follow, in this case, deshavi or lezalit to help them fight of bandits or, even worse, abandon my campaign plans and team up with them in difficult wars, doing random things, just to improve the relation.

well ok in that case, i think we can close this thread cause if theres no acceptable solution to this problem, i simply go on like everything is normal and when the time comes, i kick them out the kingdom....

Tercio23 said:
... no acceptable solution to this problem,...

You want the ultimate solution to this problem?  That's simple, don't let it become a problem in the first place.  YOU obviously made them into Lords when their relationship to you was already extremely low.  IE - they've been grumbling while in your party for a long time because you had companions they didn't like, and to stop the grumbling you made them into Lords expecting everything to be hunky-dory. 

If you kick them out of your Kingdom, your other Vassals will take a loyalty hit too, so you'll have to just bite the bullet and have 2 Lords who don't come when you call for Campaigns.  Eventually, they'll leave on their own once they get dis-loyal enough, so hopefully you didn't give them important Castles/Cities.

There's no 'Magic' answer here, which is what you really wanted.

You could always mod your game so vassals don't take hits when you give out fiefs (tho that would also effect the AI Realms), or add some mods that allow you to send gifts to your Lords (FE - Diplomacy Mod is one).

GJScarritt said:
Tercio23 said:
... no acceptable solution to this problem,...

You want the ultimate solution to this problem?  That's simple, don't let it become a problem in the first place.  YOU obviously made them into Lords when their relationship to you was already extremely low.

thx for the advice, though i cant ignore the sarcasm of your post and your intention of defending the game mechanics

No, i didnt make them lords to solve relation problems, but because a) deshavi was lv25 and i didnt need her skills as badly as the other ones, b) lezalit was the only noble companion i had and c) i was in urgent need of vassals. everything started well, but since i stopped giving them lands, it dropped 50 points or more.

thx for the mod advice you two, but ill stick with native. i think taleworlds should fix this, i would only use mods if they enhance the game, not repair it...

so, i appreciate the advice scarritt, but if you have the prejudice that im too lazy to use the search button (i did and it doesnt work as perfect as you think, especially in this overcrowded forum)or that im inpatiently in search of a "magical solution", you are wrong.

The best way I know of to make your vassals "devoted" is the save thier butts in a fight.

If I ever see a vassal in chasing a an enemy lord. I never intercept 1st.  Otherwise, they JOIN YOUR Battle.  IT's better to join theirs and save them.    If my vassal outnumbers the enemy, but more enemy are nearby...hang in the distance for minute and wait for more lords to join against your vassal.  Then when you come rushing in like the "Calvary"  (Pun intended) you'll look great to them.

You can Order them to raid fiefs in enemy lands but watch from a distance,  if they jumped go and save them. 

If they own a castle + fief.  Unless on campaign they'll always be hanging around their own Cribb, but sooner or later they get into trouble....Save them from a beatdown and they'll love you.  The worse the odds, the more relation you'll get.

Subitai said:

If they own a castle + fief.  Unless on campaign they'll always be hanging around their own Cribb, but sooner or later they get into trouble....Save them from a beatdown and they'll love you.  The worse the odds, the more relation you'll get.

yeah, i once saved one from certain death, he had only 3-4 soldiers left and i got a huge bonus after the battle.
what i could do now is give someone else the marshalship, then accompany them and save them every now and then. problem is that i would only help the marshall and not every participant too. so that wouldnt work either.
cause ive not had an easy war for a long time. last three wars i had 2 fronts, every time i declare war, another declares war on me soon after. if they declare war on me its not too long until another joins against me too. im kind of positively surprised by the way the factions balance themselves out, i think it was more random half a year ago.
so, i was too busy in the last wars besieging, defending and goint back home to replenish my army. i hope i get the hang out of this in a future more easier war

haha.. the unthinkable happened. lezalit, one of the two "rebel" lords invited me to a feast. just need to make deshavi the marshall now, join her campaigns and complete her little quests. i think this problem is as good as solved :smile:

Back
Top Bottom