Unfinished mod download link

Users who are viewing this thread

well the good news is it starts up. The bad news is two continuous RGL errors : Unable to find mesh mail short(sp) as well as mesh Arabsword which seemed to start in my inventory screen.

I had an RGL as well; I had chosen my character and started the game, but once on the world map I tried to access my inventory, just out of curiosity, and I immediately got an RGL. I'm afraid I couldn't read the RGL, because I am unable to get them visible on screen for some reason. I didn't used to have this RGL problem but for many months now whenever I get an M&B RGL I can't get the error message on screen. It might well be the same as the message Froggyluv detailed in his post however, since it occurs when I accessed the inventory. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Started again, and I went to the 'battle' map via the camp menu. I was equipped with a sword and a spear, but the sword was invisible. The scabbard with the sword is visible, and when I draw the sword the scabbard remains but the sword is no longer in the scabbard (as it should be , obviously). The sword is in the hand, just not visible. You may well know about this Nijis, as you said many parts of the game aren't usable yet.

I started briefly playing the game as one of the Lords as you suggest in the download notes, and it looks very interesting and detailed. I wasn't sure how to sleep at a city or in the wilderness (from the camp menu), perhaps this isn't enabled at the moment? Anyway, I could control my fatigue by stopping periodically on the map and resting, but could not sleep. I presume the 100% sleep deprivation was slowing me down, but I hadn't taken note of my original speed so couldn't be sure. As you said, many parts of the game aren't usable at the moment, but just for the benefit of others who are trying this out, I should mention that trying to use any of the market options (armourer, main market etc) results in an RGL for me, as does trying to access the inventory.

Anyway, thanks for uploading this for us to examine, I'll take a more thorough go tomorrow:smile:

Ah, apols for that. That should be easy enough to fix, anyway. I might be wrong, but I think that you can go ahead and ignore the error with no effect on gameplay, although it probably is annoying. Anyway, I should be able to redo items so that the bug doesn't happen, and post the text file for those who have already downloaded.

To perform many actions on the map, you need to enter an action mode which defines what your party does when you hit space, and then hit space to actually do it. "K" puts you in camp mode, "H" puts you in hide mode, "P" puts you in pillage mode, and "R" if I recall correctly puts you back in default rest mode. I'd like to make it so that time passes when you hold one of those keys down, but I don't know how to do that using the existing system.

It's not testable at all with the constant RGL errors at least for me. Anything to do remotely with inventory ie. just going into shop to get food brings up the errors which I have to alt/tab out of to get it going again. Hope you get to fix the item.text.

Ah -- yes, that would be disabling.

Anyway, here's a hotfix. Replaces item_kinds1 in the module file.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1449

I remember now I changed how on-map actions are performed -- you have to hold down k and space bar to camp, b and space bar to burn and pillage, and h and space bar to hide.

Downloading, great job nijs!

Retarded question incoming!
Why you disabled the cheat menu's return option?
Also, are you working on warband?

Yep, I am working on Warband. However, the features I'm developing are not really the same ones as I worked on in Sicily.

I suspect that disabling return was an oversight. Hope that hasn't led to too many frustrating experiences.

I personally restrained from playing the mod too much, and by playing I mean influencing the flow of the game. I rather liked watching quite a few campaigns unfold, similarly so to your playthrough, Nijis. Pure awesomesauce.

I think even the layman could appreciate the enhanced functionality of the mod but most of what was going on was well over my paygrade.  :mrgreen:

Are there any plans to userfriendly-fy this or have you moved on to Warband? Speaking of which, will this type of functionality make it into the upcoming expansion?

Gothic Knight said:
Who knows, but I think it will be sad that this mod will not be pursued any further.

nijis has both Warband development and a newborn to deal with (congratulations!), but he has never said that this mod is going to fall by the wayside. Be patient, there's no excuse for you to be sad :smile:

Back
Top Bottom