Unfinished mod download link

Users who are viewing this thread

Here's a Rapidshare link to what I have so far...

http://rapidshare.com/files/262896947/TidesOfConquestSicily.zip.html?killcode=1035259242609742508

I'll try to get this onto the more reliable and permanent mbrepository shortly.

This is not supposed to be a fully playable mod, yet. There are a lot of half-implemented features, the scenes and a lot of scene props and items have not been brought over from the 0.50x versions, etc.

For best results, either observe a campaign, or wait a few hours, hit "tab", go to the character switch screen, and make yourself one of the faction leaders. Hitting tab at any point allows the player to access a number of options.

One feature are world map action modes, which determine what a player party does when it sits in place by hitting the space bar.
If you want to hide from your enemies, hit "h" and then space for a bit, and your concealment will start to build up. Hit "k" to go into camp mode. Hitting "r" again puts you back to default, so that you rest normally when you hit space. "P" puts you into pillage mode.

Don't go to the all-capped CHEAT MENU, as for some reason I disabled the return option.

Hope folks find it interesting...

I will certainly see what this is about  :razz:

I'm confused about the download though. At first I got this image:
i44g77.jpg
I had to copy the address to get to the download.

EDIT: Finally downloaded. I get an 'rgl error get object failed for texture' while loading...

It appears to be something wrong with my compression program -- I get the same error when I zip and unzip. Will try this again...

Amendment -- I get that error only if I change the name of the file from "TidesOfConquestSicily" to "TidesOfConquestSicily Copy 2" or something of that nature. I assume that people have the module file named "TidesOfConquestSicily"?

This makes a hash of my main hypothesis, that I had somehow put a key texture name in my game's CommonRes folder.

This is very, very puzzling...

A re-compressed version is here:
https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=7&id=1430

If someone gets a chance to let me know if it works, that would be much appreciated.

Ah well. Many thanks for checking.

It might have something to do with the BRF editor, which is very temperamental on my computer and seems to have a problem recognizing texture names. I'll keep at this.

I downloaded this earlier today, and I opened up a .brf from the resource folder. There were messages saying that "maw_hauberk.brf", "nijis_med_armors.brf". "jikmaterial.brf" is apparently an unknown resource type. There's also a .tga file in the resource file. I too get the same error.

Thanks -- that's an excellent start for me. Did it say that all three were unknown resource types, or just jik_materials? If just jik_materials, did it say anything else about maw_hauberks and nijis_med_armors?

jik_materials was the only unknown resource type I think. maw_hauberks and nijis_med_armors were missing.

EDIT= saracensicily_materials.brf is also an unknown resource type.

Argh -- my computer is increasingly temperamental with the BRF Edit and now even the map editor, so I think what I'll do is put out a version using only Native models. Hopefully it won't take me too long...

Back
Top Bottom