Understanding Relationship Building - Im confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Reften

Recruit
Hi All,

Huge fan of M&B and Bannerlord....really enjoy the gameplay, openness etc.

Im in a playthrough now where I have a spouse, and kids, and even grandkids. My character is a great smithy, so make lots of coin doing that. I'm building/leading armies, and kicking *** on the map for the most part. Character is now the leader of Sturgia and we're at constant war with the Vladians and Western Empire....Vladians are hurting bad.

Anyway, this is all fun...but, I've really stopped doing any type of questing. Seems like my relationship with Sturgia nobles and key players goes up a plenty through warfare efforts and taking care of my fiefs. Of course the nobles of Vladia and Western Empire hate me cause Im constantly fighting them.

But, I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the game, maybe because I just suck at this part...and that is diplomacy. Early on a did some quests in an effort to land my spouse...then just for fun, but seemed like to build my notoriety with Sturgia, I just had to fight. Am I doing it wrong? Or just doing a war mongering playthrough? Is there a playthrough where you rarely fight? Is that fun?

Appreciate any insight. Thanks

Early on a did some quests in an effort to land my spouse
You didn't even have to do that! You can have -100 relations and still buy a wife!

You're not missing anything at all, relations are very useless and diplomacy both basically doesn't exist and isn't effected by relations.

Relations will help you recruit a clan to your faction BUT they are least important part of the system to do so, the power of your faction (compared to theirs) and the poverty of the Clan are much more important! You cannot relation you way into getting a vassal. Only when the other desires are met do they consider their relation to you and their relation to thier ruler.

The other use for relation is to reduce the bride price of buying spouses, it does knock the price down, but this is just a trivial and useless thing.

Players have said that having high relations makes a clan less likely to choose to raid you fiefs, however I don't see difference ever that would be enough to ever matter. Can't say it isn;t true, but there always somebody trying to raid everything anyways, so how would I ever know the difference?

Hi All,

Huge fan of M&B and Bannerlord....really enjoy the gameplay, openness etc.

Im in a playthrough now where I have a spouse, and kids, and even grandkids. My character is a great smithy, so make lots of coin doing that. I'm building/leading armies, and kicking *** on the map for the most part. Character is now the leader of Sturgia and we're at constant war with the Vladians and Western Empire....Vladians are hurting bad.

Anyway, this is all fun...but, I've really stopped doing any type of questing. Seems like my relationship with Sturgia nobles and key players goes up a plenty through warfare efforts and taking care of my fiefs. Of course the nobles of Vladia and Western Empire hate me cause Im constantly fighting them.

But, I feel like I'm missing out on a big part of the game, maybe because I just suck at this part...and that is diplomacy. Early on a did some quests in an effort to land my spouse...then just for fun, but seemed like to build my notoriety with Sturgia, I just had to fight. Am I doing it wrong? Or just doing a war mongering playthrough? Is there a playthrough where you rarely fight? Is that fun?

Appreciate any insight. Thanks
y must be new on dis forum. tw doesnt care bout diplomacy n shiet

You didn't even have to do that! You can have -100 relations and still buy a wife!

You're not missing anything at all, relations are very useless and diplomacy both basically doesn't exist and isn't effected by relations.

Relations will help you recruit a clan to your faction BUT they are least important part of the system to do so, the power of your faction (compared to theirs) and the poverty of the Clan are much more important! You cannot relation you way into getting a vassal. Only when the other desires are met do they consider their relation to you and their relation to thier ruler.

The other use for relation is to reduce the bride price of buying spouses, it does knock the price down, but this is just a trivial and useless thing.

Players have said that having high relations makes a clan less likely to choose to raid you fiefs, however I don't see difference ever that would be enough to ever matter. Can't say it isn;t true, but there always somebody trying to raid everything anyways, so how would I ever know the difference?
If you have low relationship with your vassals, the lords in your kingdom, then they will leave you kingdom and betray you, join another one.
I have seen it happened,

and if you have high relationship, it's easier to convince them to join you. I found that you need at least 20 points relationship to convince them
if below than 20 points, then you chance to convince them is below 50% and you have to Save/load many times to get it works

If you have low relationship with your vassals, the lords in your kingdom, then they will leave you kingdom and betray you, join another one.
I have seen it happened,

and if you have high relationship, it's easier to convince them to join you. I found that you need at least 20 points relationship to convince them
if below than 20 points, then you chance to convince them is below 50% and you have to Save/load many times to get it works
Hmmm, yeah that's something. I've convinced one more to join me, but took a ton of coin.

When I wanted to make friends with a clan I wanted to recruit, I broke 3 of them out of prison and got 100 relations. Since those fiefs were neutral to me I didn't even have to sneak in lol.

Back
Top Bottom