Unbalanced Skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey, uhm I think we've all had this situation, where we are in one team with a load of beginners and maybe like ONE other player who has at least 50 wins in EA against a full team of Alpha- or 750W players. It's incredibly frustrating, when you know you can beat the enemy team, but half ur team just runs into them, dying within seconds. Now it's not the fault of the beginners, they merely just started playing this game and u can't expect them to be able to block hits from players that have like 700h+ already. I just don't understand how this isn't fixed yet - People have been saying for months now "Balanced Matchmaking please.." or "Why do I get beginner teams against full clans". It can't be so hard to implement a system that seperates beginners from more proficient players, because I, and I believe I am speaking for a rather big chunk of players, cba to get into a game.. with Player X, Player Y and Player Z against Clan Player 1, Clan Player 2 and Clan Player 3. Also what tends to happen is, you get a bad team skillwise AND a bad faction [Khuzait cuz it doesn't do dmg AND doesn't have proper armor or Aserai who's infantry units take less dmg that the Battanian Warrior]. Here's an example for what I am talking about:

Team A: Khuzait
- RM Beast
- Beginner 1
- Beginner 2
- Beginner 3
- Beginner 4
- Beta Player 1

Team B: Vlandia
- RM Aprikosenmann
- RM Koso
- RM Jufasto
- Res Argentum
- DM Hairless
- KW William Wallace

That's usually what teams look like I play with and against. Now I want someone to explain to me how THAT is balanced Matchmaking.

Thanks for reading,
Beast

This is actually something I've noticed as well, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the party system. The teams in general usually seem to be very unbalanced between each other, and it makes the game that much less fun.

This is actually something I've noticed as well, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the party system. The teams in general usually seem to be very unbalanced between each other, and it makes the game that much less fun.

Yeah, I agree. Also it's what makes alot of beginners ragequit in rounds, because they can't get a single kill. Beginners should be mixed together, so they learn the game mechanics, get used to the animations and speed of the game, while people that played the game for some time, should be matched together.

There could be a matchmaking system that tries its best to have each team mixed with veteran and new players ; outside of forming stacks / parties.
This sounds like common sense but the multiplayer population is just too dead for that system to even be put in place because there just aren't enough people on multiplayer (especially skirmish) to go round for everyone's teams to have balanced comps.

Everyone quit because not only is the combat system a shamble since the beginning of Early Access but also because Multiplayer is lacking content in every regard.
10,000 - 14,000 playing everyday, only around 100-200 +/- of them at any one time on multiplayer.

Think skirmish team comp balancing implementation would only work alongside the release of a major Multiplayer update that adds everything we actually want, i.e - custom servers, Battle, Deathmatch/FFA, responsive melee, non-RNG damage values. Only then would the required playerbase return ^

There could be a matchmaking system that tries its best to have each team mixed with veteran and new players ; outside of forming stacks / parties.
This sounds like common sense but the multiplayer population is just too dead for that system to even be put in place because there just aren't enough people on multiplayer (especially skirmish) to go round for everyone's teams to have balanced comps.
Not true. We're asking for balanced teams, not balanced matchmaking, which is a problem of its own, so this is kind of a moot point. What you're saying is also true, but has nothing to do with what we are.

Like Beast said, there's usually just TONS of noobs on the other team, and tons of veterans in the other. To fix this, they could try to divide the players with really high MMR to opposing teams in a game.

Back
Top Bottom