Unarmed assualt against RRC rules?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fenix_120

Sergeant
Ok so these two issues has come up recently in the past few games I have played and I would like someone from RCC to answer as I am slightly confused about the current system, and yes I did feel like this deserved it own thread as the past few times I have played I have seen these two Scenarios (more or less) play out, sometimes an admin is on sometimes not.

Ok, so you have three players, lets call the first one "Player 1" and the second "Player 2" and the third "Bobby"

Player 1 is a well armed and armored man at arms, Player 2 is an unarmed civilian noob and/or moron and Bobby is... well... his name is Bobby so I think a TW would fit in.

Player 1 is walking down the road,  Player 2 who is on an horse or mule or what ever is riding down the same road in the same Northish direction.

Player 2 is riding on the left side of the road, Player 1 is walking on the right.

Player 1 hears horse hooves behind him and being the experienced M&B player that he is pans his camera with the ~ key to see who's behind him, he then notices that Player 2, rather deliberately, increases his speed and move into the right side of the road.

Player 1 quickly turns and kills Player 2.

Who was in the right?

Scenario two:

Player 1 is standing in town square, Player 2 (who is now dismounted) wants Player 1 to move for some reason or the other(lets say he blocking the entrance to the velvet trade), but Player 1 is talking with Bobby and did not notice Player 2's request or is simply ignoring him for one reason or another.

Player 2(remember he is unarmed civilian) then assaults Player 1 and Bobby with his fists and/or by kicking them.

Player 1 and Bobby then kill Player 2.

Who was in the wrong?

(I am not..obiously..RCC..but)
I will allways say:

Player 2 is noob and he is guilty of all of it. In situation 2 he can just speak (chat) instead of assult.

I will add to it other situations:

1.Armed player: just for fun makes swings with his weapon while passing by...there is 50/50 he will kill you!!!! -very common
2.Unarmed player try to hit you while passing by..for fun :lol:

First: WRONG RP!  - you would not provoke guy with even tiny sword in his hand..honestly.
Second: this is annoying!
Third: This are kind of noobs who after being killed cry as LOUD AS POSSIBLE: ADMIN RANDOMER!!!
this is RP abuse,rules abuse,admin confusion for perpouse...

I HATE THAT!

Both of these situations are following the rules, the second more than the first. If at any time you feel threatened by someone armed or unarmed, or get assaulted, it is your right to kill them. That does not mean you should, but it is allowed.

KILLING UNARMED IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES!! But randoming still is, the simple fact of not carrying a weapon does NOT EVER make you invincible.

When someone punches me alot or kicks me I firstly tell them to stop nicely, OOC. "Would you please stop kicking / punching me" if he continues, I dont ask but tell him to stop. If he still continues, I warn him that I might kill him if he wont stop, If he keeps doing it, I kill him.

When someone keeps bumping me with the horse over and over I do the same.

I hate when People run by and just feint or swing their weapons. For me, this is attempted assault or even assault.  Especially if they do it with the purpose just to trick you into attack or piss you off.

Imagine you have a baseballbat IRL. then someone walks by and swings a knife at you over and over. Wouldnt you react? Because IRL he is threatening your life with it, in the moment he acts like attacking you. So you may do everything to stop this attack. This is what I would apply for RP too. Not to mention that most people that do that kinda **** dont know anything about RP.

To topic starter:

I think in both situations both parties were wrong. Kicking, punching or bumping others is not nice and can rightly be considered an assault but instantly killing the offender is also wrong in my opinion if he is unarmed and can't do any real harm to you. It's a bit too severe reaction. I'd warn first and only take action if the other is not stopping.

Those who are constantly slashing their weapons when riding by are a lot more annoying and unlike the above they are a real threat.

I wonder why do some ppl swing their weapons while riding on their horses (and they are in combat)? It doesn't make their horses move faster or anything....and they could hit/kill someone accidentally -_-

YERAH LOOK AT ME I SWING MY SWORD SO FAST FEAR ME FEAR ME.

Thats why.

I usually kill them if they come to close. Since its a threat.

Thorkel said:
To topic starter:

I think in both situations both parties were wrong. Kicking, punching or bumping others is not nice and can rightly be considered an assault but instantly killing the offender is also wrong in my opinion if he is unarmed and can't do any real harm to you. It's a bit too severe reaction. I'd warn first and only take action if the other is not stopping.

Those who are constantly slashing their weapons when riding by are a lot more annoying and unlike the above they are a real threat.

Totally agree. Killing people behaving stupid is just as stupid as their stupid behavior in the first place. It only leads to anger from the one who got killed and that's not why we are here. How about we make a rule that before you react you count to ten:wink:.

About the feinting thing, I count that as an assault and usually just kill the idiot. I also hate people who run around killing horses and then accidentall wound you, they are as good as dead for me too.

There should be a rule that would make people act more like they do in real life. I mean, you don't ride over a person for fun in real life, you don't kill horses for fun in real life and you don't fake attacking a person in real life.

I have experienced stuff like this alot, and I have come up with a good solution. For every time someone randomely punches you, you hit them with your sword. So say you just standing there and someone walks up and punches you, just stab em right back. Ussually that makes them think tiwce and walk away. If they continue, give them one stab for each punch. Eventually they either die or go away. I have found this the best way to deal with people assualting you with their fists, as instead of just killing them, you give them multiple chances to leave with their lives. At the same time you make it clear you will not allow them to stand there punching you.

Back
Top Bottom