[UNAC] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

John7 said:
Overtime rounds are counting towards teams total rounds in the bracket? That seems off

It doesn't matter as points scored will not be used for seeding or tiebreaking. From the rules:

Should teams have tied seeding, the tie will be broken by points difference (total rounds scored minus rounds given up). Should teams still be tied, teams shall be given one week to have a tie-breaker.

I was wondering if there had been any official news on a couple teams dropping out?  There have been rumors that Rastaferi might drop out, and I even heard that tK was going to drop out.

Just curious as there hasn't been any official news but I keep hearing things about some teams dropping out, and would just like some clarification as to what is actually going on.  :smile:

Marin Peace Bringer said:
I was wondering if there had been any official news on a couple teams dropping out?  There have been rumors that Rastaferi might drop out, and I even heard that tK was going to drop out.

Just curious as there hasn't been any official news but I keep hearing things about some teams dropping out, and would just like some clarification as to what is actually going on.  :smile:

Check out the announcement thread :p

Other news,

Rastaferi has officially dropped out of the tournament, every team will be granted a 16 - 0.
Very disappointed by their move...

Round Difference will now be screwed up big time.
For example rN instead of having only +5 against Rastaferi will now have +16.
And FB instead of +4 will also have +16...

And seeing how RD will be deciding factor on who progresses to the Play-Offs :ohdear:

Erminas said:

Well, it's going to work out okay as +16 is assigned to every team in the tourney, so the playing field is still perfectly even in that respect. It's being dealt with as if they were never in the tourney. I think personal stats will be counted for matches that were played, but as all 7 remaining teams get a free +16 rounds, it doesn't give any teams advantage over others with respect to tiebreaker points.

Green Knight said:
Erminas said:

Well, it's going to work out okay as +16 is assigned to every team in the tourney, so the playing field is still perfectly even in that respect. It's being dealt with as if they were never in the tourney. I think personal stats will be counted for matches that were played, but as all 7 remaining teams get a free +16 rounds, it doesn't give any teams advantage over others with respect to tiebreaker points.
Thing is that our plan was to try and win with big RD against Rastaferi in our next match.
So this is why we are disappointed that both rN and FB kinda got rounds that they didn't really earn in match.
Not that rN and FB are to be blamed for this.
I know that this decision makes sense but imo it kinda "stole" opportunity from us to try and improve RD by winning with more then 4/5 rounds rN and FB got against Rastaferi.

Green Knight said:
Erminas said:

Might as well take out all the stats against rasta to at least give DoF an even playing field when it comes to making it to top 10 kills or K.D.

valent69 said:
Green Knight said:
Erminas said:

Might as well take out all the stats against rasta to at least give DoF an even playing field when it comes to making it to top 10 kills or K.D.

Yeah I stopped doing Rasta stats lol

Erminas said:
I know that this decision makes sense but imo it kinda "stole" opportunity from us to try and improve RD by winning with more then 4/5 rounds rN and FB got against Rastaferi.

I hear what you're saying. This is the fairest way though. Having Blacktide and DoF as the only teams to get free +16s would be more unbalanced than this. It sucks that the bracket changes like that right near the end, but if a team drops, there's nothing to be done.

An opportunity you had was pulled out from under you. I get that.

Rasta dropping only an issue because this isn't the type of swiss tourney that was advertised. Blame Greenknight for deceiving the community.

giphy.gif

Green Knight said:
An opportunity you had was pulled out from under you. I get that.

It's fine, we had an opportunity against Wappaw, we dropped the ball, and us getting into finals after losing to you guys was a long shot anyways.  Mainly it just sucks we wont get to play our last match against a team we were looking forward to facing.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
Rasta dropping only an issue because this isn't the type of swiss tourney that was advertised. Blame Greenknight for deceiving the community.

Perhaps you could expand on this and use your powerful rhetoric to explain how an 8th team leaving the bracket wouldn't create byes in the swiss bracket that you claim was “advertised.”

Aura (Zaffa) said:

giphy.gif

Not sure whether to :lol: at such a ridiculous statement or :facepalm:.

Back
Top Bottom