[UNAC] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

DG5_K1_Aw.png

ceA9BcE.png

NZk_Ew4_Z2d_H8snn1_Zhs_SQFT1an_Ciimn_Y7r_XIZk_GKk3_Lk.png

Have suggestions for this UNAC or future seasons? Post here.

Calamity said:
Should drum up some hype.. pretty dead around these parts.

With Calamity beating up Troubadour with his own lute and Lagstro bombarding John with real Mexican soft-shell tacos, the Knights of the West quickly dispatched the Knights of Avalon and continue on into Single Elimination against From The Ashes. With blood and dirt painted on all of their faces, the West Knights are determined to take first place this UNAC because there are too much at stake this time around: $350, t-shirts, and the UNAC cup. With Gelden giving small prep talks to his lazy-eyed trusty horse, Shelly, and PPK blowing the dust off of his never-used helmet, the West Knights look prepared to take one step closer to winning the grand prize.

To achieve a common goal, the Balion Mercenaries and the rangers of Honour Bound made an alliance for the tournament. Though their creaky bones can be heard all over the battlefield, they managed to slain most of their opponents throughout the tournament and made it to the Single Elimination, proving that age does not really matter. Mad Dawg puts his hand on the shoulder of Xenomorph, the youngest of the Balions, and tells him, “I’m very proud of you Xeno. You may be the one to lead the Balions in the future and continue my legacy when I’m gone. If that time comes, continue to be the strong and brave warrior that you are, and the Balions will follow you to the end.” Xeno replies, “I will not fail you, Top Dawg.” Zero double- and triple-checking his archery equipment to minimize killing his teammates in battle and Chewbacca doing whatever a wookie does in private, the warriors of From The Ashes await their next match against the West Knights.

---------------

Though their ranks are tired from keeping watch of random stuff at midnight all these years and more recently having to battle other gods in Smite, The Midnight Watchmen were still able to crush most of their opponents throughout the tournament and made it to Single Elimination to face the Knights of Avalon. Hoping to use the prize money and t-shirts to call their once glorious leader, Kherven, back from the dead, they pray to their Smite gods to give them strength for this upcoming fight. Perhaps one day, they will have an army of cloned Mok's to fight their numerous battles for them, but until then, winning this one will require the old fashion way.

Bruised, bloodied, and morally crushed, the Knights of Avalon look up to their King John for comfort. King John stands up and delivers a speech: "Fear not my fellow Knights! No soft-shell taco can ever bring us down! Last night, the Taco God came into my dream and gave me a recipe for a godly hard-shell taco. We will have a grand feast the night before our match against The Midnight Watchmen, and may these tacos from God give us renewed strength and courage to destroy our enemies!" The Knights cheer and scream King John's name. With a boost in morale, Troubadour quickly repairs his lute and plays tunes all night long, while the Knights sing and drink. Meanwhile, Cru secretly takes out his lucky charm, a red bear with arrows in its back, and kisses it for good luck…

--------------

Who will face off one another in the Finals? Stay tune…get hyped!

Captain Lust said:
I suggest somebody writing somewhere when the final of the tournament will take place. If that already exists, I suggest displaying it in a place that people can find.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,323652.0.html
you obvi dont know how2foroom

This next tournament really needs to tighten up the permitted "delay periods" before a team starts to be penalized. A one month extension for any match is rediculous and completely defeats the purpose of having shorter tournaments. If a team can't field players for a month, even if in the finals, default the win or give the opportunity to play to the next highest seeded team.

While I think everyone can acknowledge that KoA was the most egregious culprit of these delays (both in the matches themselves and getting them scheduled), they were not the only group known to delay.

From an admin stand point, rules against delays should be strictly enforced (as khervan did against balion vs rebels in unac 2 and as I did in Unac 3). Tourney rules should also be adjusted as follows:

Rules:
Servers must be available to join 10 minutes prior to scheduled match time.
Duel is to start exactly at scheduled time.
Teams are to be ready for first map 5 minutes following scheduled match time, regardless of when duel started/ended.
Only 5 minutes will be allowed between sets.
Only 5 minutes will be allowed between maps.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
This next tournament really needs to tighten up the permitted "delay periods" before a team starts to be penalized. A one month extension for any match is rediculous and completely defeats the purpose of having shorter tournaments. If a team can't field players for a month, even if in the finals, default the win or give the opportunity to play to the next highest seeded team.

I completely agree, we were far too lenient on extensions last season and it hurt the tournament. I can guarantee that we won't be making the same mistake this time around.

Aura (Zaffa) said:
Rules:
Servers must be available to join 10 minutes prior to scheduled match time.
Duel is to start exactly at scheduled time.
Teams are to be ready for first map 5 minutes following scheduled match time, regardless of when duel started/ended.
Only 5 minutes will be allowed between sets.
Only 5 minutes will be allowed between maps.

We did go over the times you're wanting to bring about last season, and we agreed upon the times below. I personally thing they're better, and we didn't really have an issue with delays during matches last season. However, if players and captains would like for the times to be shortened, please reply saying so!

Arys said:
  • Teams will not be permitted to needlessly delay. Should a Captain have a grievance about delays, the following is what will be qualified as a needless delay:
    • The duel must start within 10 minutes of the agreed upon start time. Should a team delay beyond this, they will lose the duel.
    • The first set will begin not more than 10 minutes after the end of the duel. Should a team delay beyond this, a round, from the set, will be awarded to the opposing team for every 3 minutes that pass.
    • Attacker or Defender, must be chosen within 5 minutes after the completion of the duel. Should a team delay beyond this, they will lose the right of choice and it'll be chosen for them.
    • Sets must start within five minutes of the previous set. Should a team delay beyond this, a round, from the next set that has yet to be played, will be awarded to the opposing team for every 3 minutes that pass.
    • Maps must start within 10 minutes of the previous set. Should a team delay beyond this, a round, from the next set, will be awarded to the opposing team for every 3 minutes that pass.

Out of curiosity, why did the admins go with the approach of 10 minutes to duel, another 10 minutes for first map? I ask this because it seems like making the servers available 10 minutes in advance, having the duel immediately, and have the first map start 10 minutes after the original time serves the same purpose without needlessly taking up more of people's time.

As for the actual times, I would suspect that most clans would be up for tightening the times up if given the opportunity over a captains' meeting.

Back
Top Bottom