[UNAC S5] Week six results, discussions and predictions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DUilzhY.png

This season of UNAC brought to you by MarkMods!

FIXTURES:

DESERT TOWN​
LEGACY PLAINS​
e1I5Mlw.png
ulzCYB9.png

Please post your match results for week six in this thread along with screenshots(4) that you'll take at the end of each set. The Steam default key for screenshots is F12. Afterwards, you can easily upload them to Steam and link them in this thread.

PROTIP FOR CAPTAINS: If you feel like you're too busy during the scrim to always remember screenshots, I recommend delegating screenshot duty to one of your reliable players.

MATCHES:
Reign eSports vs. Turtle Knights
Kingdom of BlackTide vs. Rastaferi
Free Banners vs. Truly Sad Coalition
Defenders of Faith vs. Wappaw

Good luck and have fun! If you have concerns, questions, or struggles scheduling feel free to contact any of the administrative team.

Reign esports
Reign is probably the most disappointing team in the tournament. This star-studded roster of players has been playing sub-par.

Turtle Knights
Speaking of disappointments. The Turtle Knights have been a disappointment from the beginning of their existence as a clan. TK has never bothered with such follies as etiquette in a scrim/match, maturity or even common human decency. Recently, the important cavalry player tK Red recieved a two-game ban for using racial slurs.The lose of Red will hurt tK's team in the skill department, but on the bright side, the overall quality of the tournament will be improved. The admins made the right descision and I applaud them.

Kingdom of Blacktide
Winning. There's not much to say here. Kingdom of Blacktide is a conglomeration/cluster-**** of EU and NA veterans. Whatever they're doing it's working. At this point in the tournament, it seems like their oppositon has abandoned the thought of winning and is simply looking to take rounds from the alpha team.

Rastaferi
Rastaferi reminds me of Reign. Everything looks good on paper, but the results are just not good. The roster is full of good players so other variables are causing a deficeit in results. I don't know if this is just some players being rusty, a very non-HB like cohesion, or an overly cautious play style. Whatever it is has hurt them. This being said, I'd like everyone to review Rasteri's previous matches. Serveral of their matches are very close, sometimes only losing by one point. While they're not playing as good as they should be, they are still playing a lot better than the win/loss would indicate.

Freebanners
Freebanners have been underrated throughout the entire tourney. Admittedly my opinions on this team are biased since the roster contains many Rebels, ex-Rebels and some friends from GK. I'll briefly say, they've improved through out the tournament and have shown some surprisingly well coordination rounds. Good calling.

Truly Sad Coalition
I don't know what the problem is here but TSC has become the kick-puppy of the tournament. TSC did however surprise me by taking seven rounds off of Kingdom of Blacktide.

Defenders of Faith
My second favorite (FB 1st) team is DoF. It seems to me that DoF was (and maybe still is) underrated even though they've proven they can win in matches where they are considered the under-dogs.

Wappaw
What was it we called Wappaw in UNAC 1? Keepers of the gate? It looks like they've stepped through the gate and are currently ranked 2nd below the unbalancing monstrosity of a team Blacktide. Oddly, when I look at the bracket, I only see two clans. Wappaw is one of them. While I haven't watched many of their streams the match wins are telling.

Good luck to you all! (<I have the excitement of Arys here)

The most interesting match will probably be Dof vs Wappaw. It should be close and I look forward to the stream.

rN vs tK and DoF vs Wappaw are matches I'd like to see  :smile:

I'm sure I made errors, but here's (what looks to me) the team's chances at making it to the playoffs:

rN - low rN must win their next two matches to have a shot at playoffs. Then, either DoF or FB would have to lose their next 2 matches, placing rN in the fourth spot. DoF plays Wappaw and Rastaferi and FB plays Blacktide and TSC.
TSC - none However, were they to pull off a win, they could prevent rN from entering playoffs or greatly decrease FB's chances. 
Rastaferi - very low If Rastaferi wins both of their next matches (vs Blacktide and DoF), they require DoF and FB to win neither of their matches, and rN and tK to only win one of theirs. If that happened, there would be a massive 3 win tie across DoF, FB, rN, tK and Rastaferi, allowing Rastaferi's to push through to the playoffs if they have a superior round difference than the other teams.
FB - Medium Currently tied for 3rd, FB will likely split their next 2 matches placing them in a position that might allow rN to surpass them by round difference if rN beats tK. FB will have to make their rounds count against Blacktide if that is the case.
Blacktide - Confirmed Even if Blacktide threw their next two matches, and somehow 4 teams tied them with 5 wins, Blacktide's superior round difference would give them a spot.
Wappaw - High Unless a low chance combination of things happen, Wappaw will only need one win to make it to playoffs.
tK - Low tK is in a similar position to rN. Even if they win their next two matches, they require DoF or FB to lose both of theirs to make it into playoffs.
DoF - Medium DoF has two hard matches coming up, but if they can win either they will likely get a spot in the playoffs.

TheMadLancer (Syreth) said:
Defenders of Faith vs. Wappaw ???

If on Friday I can stream most likely DoF vs Waps, just lmk a time. I will be home around 830pm est so if it's after I can stream

Snoop said:

Turtle Knights
Speaking of disappointments. The Turtle Knights have been a disappointment from the beginning of their existence as a clan. TK has never bothered with such follies as etiquette in a scrim/match, maturity or even common human decency. Recently, the important cavalry player tK Red recieved a two-game ban for using racial slurs.The lose of Red will hurt tK's team in the skill department, but on the bright side, the overall quality of the tournament will be improved. The admins made the right descision and I applaud them.

and red had the balls to tell me he doesn't say racial comments anymore. and I believed him lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom