[UNAC S3] Pundits- Week Three Posted!

Users who are viewing this thread

We'll have three pundits in Season 3, and their thoughts will be provided every Wednesday/Thursday.

Week Two:

FAG vs. MTW
Score Prediction: 14 - 4
Explanation: MTW is a team with 10/17 players from Europe, last week we saw MTW play and in their match the ping had a huge effect on their match. I predict it will have just as much impact on this match, but we will see what the MTW European players can bring to the table.

FAG had to face off against what is probably their hardest opponent and in that match they took off 3 rounds, its not the best performance, but it is more than MTW took off of theirs. This could be a close match, but it really comes down to how well the Europeans do.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

DoG vs. FFoHW
Score Prediction: 13 - 6
Explanation: DoG is a good team albeit a new one, there isn't a lot of info on them when combined, but I think they have what it takes to be a good team once they get some more cohesion

This Wappaw team is a very solid team, they have a lot of skill, they just have to utilize it correctly and keep doing what they are doing

This could be the closest match of week 2

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

TR vs. wK
Score Prediction: 16 - 2
Explanation: wK is a pretty dominate team while TR is a fairly new team, I don't expect this to be close, but hopefully TR can take some rounds off and learn some good things from this match

KoA vs. KoF
Score Prediction: ? - ?
Explanation: I don't like predicting my own match, but if there is demand I will later lol

TMW vs. DW
Score Prediction: 16 - 3
Explanation: TMW has been doing tons of practice scrims and DW is still a fairly new team, I think DW can take some rounds off of miss whitney and learn from fighting them

PoN vs. JtT
Score Prediction: 16 - 2
Explanation: After it's close loss to KoA I think JtT proved they are not a team to be taken lightly and they showed that they are a contender in Division 2 (Soviet)

PoN is a very new team, this will be a good learning opportunity for them.

WEEK 2:

FAG vs. MTW
Score Prediction: 13-9
Explanation:
With a week of what I expect to be pretty uneven matches ahead, I'm really looking forward to this one. Both teams are bouncing off rather devastating defeats delivered by wK and FFoHW respectively, I'm hoping both FAG and MTW will be raring to get a win under their belts. The maps this week, I believe, will actually favour MTW. Fort of Honour is a relatively new map in the NA scene, and MTW's European members like Blacktide, Surkan and Scar will give them an edge over FAG. However, I expect that Quagmire will be a good map for FAG, who have some solid cav players in Rallix and Magerick. Overall, FAG will have the advantage with generally lower ping and a more comfortable core of players who have been together for a long time. It will take a bit of time before MTW can integrate its newer players and start to perform as well as I believe they're capable of.

DoG vs. FFoHW
Score Prediction: 2-16
Explanation:
Unfortunately, like many matches this coming week, I don't think this one will be very close at all. FFoHW had a spectacular win over MTW last week and I doubt they'll allow DoG to slow them down. I do think DoG has a great roster, but like MTW, many of their stronger players are based in Europe and are playing with a pretty big ping disadvantage. DoG also suffered a pretty significant and surprising defeat by the hands of TR, a brand new clan and team. Quagmire will be a great map for FFoHW, as I think it fits their players' strengths very well. Fort of Honour is the map in which DoG will be able to take rounds. I think DoG has potential, but since the team is formed of three clans, they too need to build themselves a cohesive core group of players before they can start winning.

TR vs. wK
Score Prediction: 3-16
Explanation:
Having personally participated in a pickup scrim against TR not too long ago, I'm really excited about having them as part of UNAC 3. They impressed the community with a pretty convincing defeat over DoG last week, and I expect them to continue to turn heads. One problem is that I don't think they're nearly ready for wK. Their infantry players are almost on par with most of the higher-level teams in the tournament, but from what I've seen that's as far as their strengths go. The rounds they take will be taken on Fort of Honour, but other than that I think the match will be somewhat of a landslide. The cohesion and diversity of wK's roster will be too much for them in most situations.

KoA vs. KoF
Score Prediction: 15-6
Explanation:
Last week, KoA surprised me along with I'm sure many others by defeating JtT in a very tight match. Having in recent months lost confidence in KoA's abilities, I'm looking forward to seeing where they can take this momentum. This week will certainly I think be another victory for them. Like DoG, KoF is composed of more than a single clan, and may have some cohesion issues. Their only advantages may be in the fact that KoA may not yet be very comfortable with Fort of Honour. KoA has also picked up some great mercs like Cru, Cleric and Socks, which may hurt KoA's cohesion but will I think generally help their overall performance. I'm not sure how Quagmire will play out; KoF could surprise me and take a set.

TMW vs. DW
Score Prediction: 16-2
Explanation:
Another match that I don't believe there is much to say about. TMW has been looking hella tough lately, and as much as I think DW is improving and beginning to find their stride, they'll have nothing but pain this week. Fort of Honour is an extremely good map for TMW, who have an impressive roster featuring some of Europe's best and brightest players. DW have a few solid players like Mar, Eternal and Sarakota who I think could do some good work on Quagmire in particular, but again I think these teams are on completely different levels. I have confidence in DW, and I believe they'll be able to win some matches, but definitely not this week. 

PoN vs. JtT
Score Prediction: 0-16
Explanation:
The last of this week's matches will, in my opinion, be another stomp. Despite losing narrowly to KoA, I believe JtT is one of the tougher teams in this tournament. On the other hand, we have PoN, who are a relatively new team and clan that had a very rough time in their competitive debut during the UNAC Map Testing Tournament. They'll need to accumulate a lot more experience before they'll be able to make teams like JtT so much as flinch. I could be wrong, but JtT's roster is full of competitive Warband veterans, some of whom like GreenKnight and Mafioso have been dragged out of retirement to play competitively once more. As much as I hope PoN puts up a good fight, I really don't expect them to be able to.

FAG vs. MTW
Score Prediction: FAG 14 - MTW 6
Explanation: Unless if MTW gets all their new recruits to play  ( leroux, scar ) they won't have much fighting chance. Even though MTW should be winning a few rounds, I don't see them winning the match.

DoG vs. FFoHW
Score Prediction: DoG 5 - FFoHW 16
Explanation: FFoHW really showed off at their match against MTW last week and I predict for that to only continue. DoG will have the issues GK and DoF were having in unac 2 and I don't see them take any sets in both maps. The GK competitive branch, unfortunately still, more than a year after their main players left, has not established any strong roots. Hopefully they will fix that during this tournament.

TR vs. wK
Score Prediction: TR 2 - wK 16
Explanation: Easy match, TR probably will take 2-3 rounds max. Although TR looks promising, they don't stand much chance against wK.

KoA vs. KoF
Score Prediction: KoA 16 - KoF 4
Explanation: This should be a pretty easy match too. KoF has a lot of issues with their players getting used to playing with each other. KoA, from what I can see, is on better form than they were during the last unac.

TMW vs. DW
Score Prediction: TMW 16 - DW 1
Explanation: TMW is in top form right now, scrimming daily, and mostly with wK ( most of them are very close matches or ties ). Although DW shows promise, they are a clan that still needs a lot of improvement, and if TMW doesn't try to pull out weird strategies, they shouldn't be loosing any rounds.

PoN vs. JtT
Score Prediction: Pon 1 - JtT 16
Explanation: PoN needs experience to become relevant to the other clans at this point. Hopefully this UNAC will help them achieve this goal. But at their current stance, I don't see them taking many rounds.

Week Three:

WEEK 3:

MTW vs. DoG
Score Prediction: 7 - 12
Explanation: This match should be a good match to witness, it could go either way. It really comes down to how well the European players perform for MTW

FAG vs. TR
Score Prediction: 13 - 9
Explanation: I have little info on TR, but I hear good things of their team and I'm going to say that this match should be a pretty close matchup, hopefully both teams will be ready to clash

FFoHW vs. wK
Score Prediction: 5 - 16
Explanation: I do hope that ffohw can get their team going on a good roll with cohesion, but wK is such a powerhouse right now that even with FFoHWs awesome roster I'm not sure they have what it takes to take more than a set off of the champs

KoA vs PoN
Score Prediction: ? - ?
Explanation: Look forward to playing in this

KoF vs TMW
Score Prediction:
Explanation: KoF is still sharpening their skills and cohesion, hopefully they can put a good dent in tmws shiny score

DW vs JtT
Score Prediction: 5 - 14
Explanation: Could be a close match it depends on who shows for JTT and DW

WEEK 3:

MTW vs. DoG
Score Prediction: 13-11
Explanation: I think this has the potential to be the closest match this week. MTW is improving, as their European players become more comfortable with playing on NA servers, as well as playing with NA players. On the other hand, DoG impressively tied FFoHW last week, which was surprising I think for most people. I think Ruins will be a comfortable map for MTW, and will be where they secure their win. However, DoG has a few impressive ranged and cav players that could really turn things around and maybe even earn them a victory.

FAG vs. TR
Score Prediction: 11-11
Explanation: I really like TR. I wish they had started playing Native a lot earlier, because I think they have a hell of a lot of potential. Ties are very unlikely with the UNAC ruleset, but I do honestly think these teams are pretty close in skill. Ruins will probably be a wash for FAG, who have much better cav and ranged players. However if TR can play it properly, Dreieksdorf could be their saving grace and perhaps even get them another win under their belts.

FFoHW vs. wK
Score Prediction: 7-14
Explanation: I am personally very much looking forward to this match. I know I probably shouldn't predict matches that I will be participating in, but I try to be as unbiased as possible when doing so. FFoHW is a great team with a roster full of Warband veterans. I also think both maps play to both teams' strengths; ranged and cavalry. I'm predicting it to be a very exciting match with a few close sets, but one that will ultimately belong to wK.

KoA vs PoN
Score Prediction: 16-1
Explanation: As with TR, I really wish PoN had joined the scene earlier. I admittedly have seen very little of them playing, but I do expect this to unfortunately be another stomp. KoA has only been improving over the past couple months, and they're aiming high.

KoF vs TMW
Score Prediction: 3-16
Explanation: At this point, I think wK and TMW are more or less in a league of their own. KoF is a roster with potential, but TMW has been really solid and cohesive lately. Both maps are well-suited to TMW as well; I've seen what they do on Ruins and it is not pretty.

DW vs JtT
Score Prediction: 6-13
Explanation: I've noticed a bit of improvement from DW lately, but I don't think they'll be able to take on a team like JtT just yet. I imagine JtT is still fuming after such a close loss to KoA two weeks ago, so no doubt they'll be merciless. This could have been a closer match if the maps weren't both in my opinion so JtT-friendly.

MTW vs. DoG
Score Prediction: 10-9
Explanation: Should be a very close scrim. If MTW's euros show up this time in full force, there is no one in DoG that can realistically deal with LeRoux. Also they have Badtid. However, DoG really surprised me with their performance in week 2.

FAG vs. TR
Score Prediction: 10-10
Explanation: Last week FAG got a substantial amount of rounds from MTW, and from my experience TR is pretty much on par with MTW too. I genuinely think that this match will be a tie.

FFoHW vs. wK
Score Prediction: 4-16
Explanation: FFoHW kind of disappointed me with their performance last week. Even though they currently stand no chance, I would initially think that they would have gotten more rounds from wK. But right now I think they won't be able to get any sets, and just a few rounds.

KoA vs PoN
Score Prediction: 16-0
Explanation: KoA will beat PoN easily, hopefully PoN will be able to learn some lessons from this scrim to convey them in future ones.

KoF vs TMW
Score Prediction: 0 - 16
Explanation: DW beat KoF while TMW 16-1'd them meanwhile they were missing a few players. Either way, TMW is really of form, and I don't see KoF taking any rounds from them. Again this scrim should be about experience. Hopefully KoF will learn to adapt and win their future matches.

DW vs JtT
Score Prediction: 12-11
Explanation: I never had to chance to scrim JtT and there aren't much data on them yet, however I have played against DW and they have decent cohesion as a clan. I believe that this could potentially be a close match.

MTW vs. DoG
Score Prediction: N/A
Explanation: I'm not going to predict my own match, I think it's just unsportsmanlike. I'll do it if people really want it, though.

FAG vs. TR
Score Prediction: 13 : 10
Explanation: This should be the closest match of week 3. Due to the fact that neither team has displayed any individual standout cavalry thus far, and only a few of both teams archers stand out such as Traxits for TR and AngryArcher for FAG. And although both of this weeks fixtures aren't great for infantry I think that's what will make the difference in this match because that is the strength of both of these teams. It's going to be interesting to see strong infantry players such as Heat and Magerick go head to head. I'll even predict something further I believe TR will win Dreieksdorf but will have alot of trouble with FAG on ruins due to the experience of thier cavalry and archers.

FFoHW vs. wK
Score Prediction: 16 : 7
Explanation: FFoHW has a strong lineup full of top notch players, however I don't think these maps favor them. In both maps, cavalry and ranged will be the deciding factor and I don't think FFoHW can match up with wK on either classes especially on ruins. I think they'll be able to take some rounds on Dreieksdorf with the help of some strong closed map cavalry play by Hero which in turn will help the infantry of FFoHW to win the fight. But on ruins, I don't think they can match up to the skill and cohesion of wK's open cavalry or plethra of snipers.

KoA vs. PoN
Score Prediction: 16 : 0
Explanation: I do believe that PoN is improving, but KoA is aswell. They haven't lost a match yet, and have looked pretty impressive thus far. I don't think PoN has an edge over KoA in any class either. So if KoA's full roster shows up, they'll win this fairly handily.

KoF vs. TMW
Score Prediction: 16 : 3
Explanation: TMW's been playing at a extremely high level as of late. After watching both of their matches you can see their improvement from S2, they show great cohesion amongst their infantry, and their cavalry seems unaffected by ping, ClockWise and Sota have been playing great as ranged lately aswell. With that being said, I like KoF's roster, they've got players that can do some real damage such as Theotian and their roster is full of players with potential which should help them take a few rounds but overall I think they'll take a tough loss.

DW vs. JtT
Score Prediction: 15 : 7 
Explanation: Although JtT lost week 1, but they've still looked impressive so far and I think their strong cavalry lineup will wreak havoc on DW who are especially weak in that area. But I think DW's archers match up well against JtT and it should help them pick up a few rounds.

Back
Top Bottom