In Progress Unable to sufficiently rebind/unbind keys

Users who are viewing this thread

Vettic

Recruit
I would like to unbind certain functions as I need to rebind other functions to those keys, I also prefer to have as little clutter on my keyboard.
Please also note that certain mods add more keybindings and it is useful functionality to be able to rebind them.

Currently the game does not allow you to rebind keys that are already in use, meaning every function will need to be assigned to something. While it's certain that there are more keyboard buttons available than there are functions it makes the practice of rebinding keys complicated and frustrating.
This must also be difficult for players with accessibility issues who may not be able to use the current bindings easily.

Please add the ability to remove unwanted bindings and to rebind keys already in use, automatically removing the original binding.
Additionally, please add an option to revert keybindings to default in case the player wishes to reset their bindings.

to reproduce:
Start the game
At main menu select options
go to mouse and keyboard tab
Select any function under action section and rebind it to a new key
Attempt to rebind a new function to the same key
Observe the issue as a popup message

Apologies for bumping this with no new information, I'm hoping the devs will catch this during working hours.

Back
Top Bottom