Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

kaltenalthor

Recruit
I accidentally moved the "StoryMode" Folder from the steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules location to my Documents Folder. I miss-clicked a drag and drop, pretty embarrassing. I moved the folder back instantly to that original proper location.

When I start the Launcher (hit play) from Steam and look at the Launcher Mods tab, I see Native, Sandbox Core, Sandbox and CustomBattle all checked off. StoryMode is not checked. When I go into the game Main Menu it gives me the options: Saved Games, Custom Battle Options, Credits and Exit. No option to Create a Character in Story Mode.

I've used Steam to uninstall and reinstall the game and the problem has not been fixed by reinstalling. StoryMode is still not 'checked off' and no option to create a character. No mods are loaded currently but have been in the past prior to reinstalling. I have confirmed this by checking the Modules folder.

There must be a trick to selecting and 'checking' Story mode? Simply clicking the box isn't working it remains 'unchecked'. No error, no visual change. I can move it up and down the list but the check box seems locked.

Suggestions?

~ Kalten

Please try deleting the "LauncherData" xml document located at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs".

Thank you. Your suggestion lead me to the answer. I did as you suggested and restarted. No change or improvement. That did make me look into the LauncherData file. Inside that file changed this input to "true". Seems to have fixed the issues.

<UserModData>
<Id>StoryMode</Id>
<IsSelected>true</IsSelected>

Much appreciated. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom