Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-04-22_18.16.04_91924058485aef3f372fda534409e4da

startrekhr

Recruit
Summary:

Greetings,

First of all, please allow me to say that I love your games and that I would really like to play Bannerlord 2 but for some reason this is not possible.

I've played this game on my old computer sometime last year, but recently I've purchased a new computer and wanted to play Bannerlor 2 but unfortunately I am unable to even get to gameplay. Sometimes the game crashes to desktop just before I am supposed to get to the first gameplay scene after character creation, and sometimes my entire computer restarts in that moment.

I've copied the crash report identifier bellow from one of those times the game crashed:

2022-04-22_18.16.04_91924058485aef3f372fda534409e4da

Please note that I am not a tech/IT person and that I'm not knowledgeable within the computer area of expertise - for example, I've had to google my way into finding out what my specification were.

I've tried to do the things that crossed my mind like reinstalling the game (including with deleting any leftover program files after the deinstalation both in the Steam folders and Documents folders), verifying the game files and trying to get the game working through your default suggestions.

I've had some mods in my previous game installation on my old computer, but not on this one as far as I can remember.

I also do not understand what you mean when you ask me about "Tags".

Thank you in advance! :smile:

In case you will be unable to solve this issue, I'll just wait until a new edition of the game I guess...because I don't want my money back, I want to play this great game because I've played it before and I really liked it.

P.S. Please note that I do not now what does it mean when you ask me down bellow about "Branch", so I've chosen "main" but honestly, I don't know what this means.

How to Reproduce: I don't know.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
GPU Driver Version: 512.15
CPU: 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400F @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: ASRock B560M Pro4
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): GYGABYTE GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD

Hi, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately the crash id does not show any valid info that we could see. I would suggest you to switch to the 1.7.2 beta version on Steam and try to play there.

Hi, thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately the crash id does not show any valid info that we could see. I would suggest you to switch to the 1.7.2 beta version on Steam and try to play there.
Greetings! :smile:

Unfortunately, this didn't help.

This time, the game didn't even get to character creation, it crashed back to desktop as soon as I've clicked on new game.

Luckily, the game was able to collect a crash report.

I don't know if it will help but here it is:

2022-04-26_18.36.26_91924058485aef3f372fda534409e4da

Can you tell me is there anything that I could do to make this game work for me?

Like I've said, I don't care that I've spent money on this game because it worked for me at one time, and I believe that it has great potential.

However, I would very much like to play it - especially now when I have a computer that is new and should run it without any problems...

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance - regardless of the outcome of this issue.

Have a nice day! :smile:

Greetings! :smile:

Unfortunately, this didn't help.

This time, the game didn't even get to character creation, it crashed back to desktop as soon as I've clicked on new game.

Luckily, the game was able to collect a crash report.

I don't know if it will help but here it is:

2022-04-26_18.36.26_91924058485aef3f372fda534409e4da

Can you tell me is there anything that I could do to make this game work for me?

Like I've said, I don't care that I've spent money on this game because it worked for me at one time, and I believe that it has great potential.

However, I would very much like to play it - especially now when I have a computer that is new and should run it without any problems...

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance - regardless of the outcome of this issue.

Have a nice day! :smile:

Curious after you removed the mods, have you verified the files on Steam?
Or even better done a full clean new reinstall of the game?
Disabling mods typically dont remove the files.
The game just dont load them(again in general terms)
But the files are still present, and in some cases the mods have tweaked files that is from the original(vanilla game) that wont work without the mods - causeing ctd's.
Thus until you remove if there is any of theese types of files, you wont get to enjoy the game.
This isnt "common" but I've had similar issues on other games, I dont mod Bannerlord, but mod alot of other games.
Should be various links in the frontpage of the forums on how to reinstall the game or verify the files etc.

Curious after you removed the mods, have you verified the files on Steam?
Or even better done a full clean new reinstall of the game?
Disabling mods typically dont remove the files.
The game just dont load them(again in general terms)
But the files are still present, and in some cases the mods have tweaked files that is from the original(vanilla game) that wont work without the mods - causeing ctd's.
Thus until you remove if there is any of theese types of files, you wont get to enjoy the game.
This isnt "common" but I've had similar issues on other games, I dont mod Bannerlord, but mod alot of other games.
Should be various links in the frontpage of the forums on how to reinstall the game or verify the files etc.
Greetings Zorion_no!

Thank you for the suggestions.

I thought that I did what was necesary for a "clean new reinstall" of the game.

Once I uninstalled the game, I searched for the Bannerlord 2 folders in both the Steam folder and Documents folder.

I've deleted all of the files that had anything to do with the game and then I installed the game again.

However, this did not help.

At the same time, as I've mentioned in my first post, there is of course a possibility that I've missed something, as I'm not a tech capable person.

I will definitively try to do this again, because I am aware that it is strange that thousands of people are able to play the game normally, while I can't even start a new game.

It is additionally frustrating because I've played the game on my old computer last year - therefore I know that the game should work just fine.

In any case, thank you for your suggestion, I will try it. :smile:

Greetings Zorion_no!

Thank you for the suggestions.

I thought that I did what was necesary for a "clean new reinstall" of the game.

Once I uninstalled the game, I searched for the Bannerlord 2 folders in both the Steam folder and Documents folder.

I've deleted all of the files that had anything to do with the game and then I installed the game again.

However, this did not help.

At the same time, as I've mentioned in my first post, there is of course a possibility that I've missed something, as I'm not a tech capable person.

I will definitively try to do this again, because I am aware that it is strange that thousands of people are able to play the game normally, while I can't even start a new game.

It is additionally frustrating because I've played the game on my old computer last year - therefore I know that the game should work just fine.

In any case, thank you for your suggestion, I will try it. :smile:

Looks like you've done pretty much what you can do from the sound of it.

There is also this thing you may need to check ->
* you are 100% sure you have enough storage on the C: drive, given its a new computer I'm guessing you do.

Sometimes games need to be given permission "admin" to be able to properly do their jobs (but usally you woudlnt be able to start the game if that was the case though).

That said I've seen sevral other in your circumstances, so sadly your predicament(is that the word) isnt unique.
Basically what you've done by deleting all the files should have typically fixed it tbh.

There is one other thing you may try, but its abit of a chore, but install if on another harddisk if you have one.
Like I have my C for the Windows only.
Games are all installed on D and some on E.
I think I've heard some ppl haveing better look when they install the game on a different drive but this takes abit of time, so you may wanna try other suggestions, hopefully you get it resolved sooner than later.

Oh there is one more thing come to think of it.
Antivirus/firewall, just disable it when trying to play the game perhaps, be sure to enable it back on, if it works, stop the game, then enable the protection again.

Then if thats the bandit, you atleast know what to look at.
I strongly advise you to never ever otherwize to disable either firewall or antivirus for any reasons but for a short limited test it could be "ok" to test the waters.

I think that my firewall I had to give Bannerlord permissions manually, as it was getting blocked cause of that "anti-cheat" software they use.(or used)

I opened a new ticket on the system for this crash. Qa team will investigate. Thank you for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience.
Greetings!

I would like to say that I've managed to resolve the problem, and I'm exceptionally glad that it turned out not to be related to the game.

The issue was in my RAM modules, which were working on their default frequencies, but as it turns out, the declared default frequencies by the manufacturer were extremely unstable and caused my computer to malfunction when under significant load.

It took months to figure this out, and once my friend figured out what is the problem, he lowered the frequencies and my computer returned to normal - including running Mount and Blade 2 without any issues.

I'm writing this because perhaps other people might have this same or similar problem, and therefore it's worth checking out at least for the purpose of exclusion if that's not the case.

In any case, thank you all for the help and keep up the good work.

Live long and prosper! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom