Resolved Unable to launch game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: So I've managed to open the launcher from Steam and from the game files (launched the game as Administrator to), but whenever I press the "Play" or "Continue" nothing really happens and the launcher disappears as should and Steam shows that the game is launched as well as the Windows Task Manger. Moreover, I can close the game only by exiting from Steam. I've tried all the steps from "Launcher not Launching / Game is not launching Workarounds" and tried to verify the file integrity, reinstalled the game and Steam after reinstalling the game gave no results.
How to Reproduce: Click the "Play" or "Continue" buttons on the launcher.
Version: Most Recent
Is the game modded?: No
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video) : N/A
Computer Specs:
GPU: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630
GPU Driver Version: 26.20.100.6911
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9300H CPU @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.84 GB usable)
Motherboard:
Baseboard Manufacturer - CFL
Baseboard Product - Superb_CFS
Baseboard Version - V1.30
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD - Micron_2200_MTFDHBA256TCK

I have also raised a ticket but no response yet

scouserwillo09 - 7/18/2022 11:16:13 PM (UTC)​

Hey, lets try a clean install to see if it will fix the issue.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom