Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.0.245359
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hopefully im in the right section.

I've purchased Bannerlord in the Epic Store, got it correctly installed, but I keep getting "Unable to initialize Steam API"message after white screen and launcher. then the game crash.

Been a couple of days now, and tried everything I can found in google but still not working. Any possible workaround this? really want to play the game.

Note :
I don't have steam installed,
I have tried the older installation of bannerlord as a trial shared from my friend's account (family)

Hopefully im in the right section.

I've purchased Bannerlord in the Epic Store, got it correctly installed, but I keep getting "Unable to initialize Steam API"message after white screen and launcher. then the game crash.

Been a couple of days now, and tried everything I can found in google but still not working. Any possible workaround this? really want to play the game.

Note :
I don't have steam installed,
I have tried the older installation of bannerlord as a trial shared from my friend's account (family)
Text from Common Issues and Workarounds

White Screen Crash at Launch
Unfortunately, we are still investigating the cause of this issue. To help the investigation process, players can create a thread about this in the Graphics & Performance Issues board regarding this issue with their PC Specs and game version specified.. In the topic players can also inform that they did send us their engine_config.txt, rgl_log.txt and rgl_log_errors.txt files via upload.taleworlds.com. Please write the topics name to the description area.

rgl_log.txt and rgl_log_errors.txt files can be found in the following directory: "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"

Engine_config.txt files can be found in the following directory: "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs"

As of this most recent update I now have this issue. I should not require a Steam API to play the game as I own it through the EPIC Launcher. Steam should have nothing to do with my version of the game.

I also have this exact problem after the current update/hotfix. Game Version is 1.5.5.253011

Specs -
CPU:R5 3600
GPU: 5600xt
RAM: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite

I've uploaded engine_config.txt, rgl_log.txt and rgl_log_errors.txt files via upload.taleworlds.com as the above comment from
AJIexander suggested.

Same for me. White screen and steam api unable to load. Except i play on Epic launcher?! i played yesterday whole day but today after i downloaded the latest hotfix game crash. Even tried installing steam api.ddl Nothing.

thanks, but I think I'll wait rather than download the pirate torrent. :razz:
Yeah, who knows what is actually in that file, but if it works...... I really do enjoy this game. I had a friend over last night who brought smash brothers. by the end of the night he was playing solo behind me and I was back to chasing bandits and winning tourneys/

Bought a few days ago and worked well, really loving the game.

Got a hotfix today and even tho on Epic I'm getting a bug causing launch issues for a platform that shouldn't even be relevant to my version of the game?

Spec's
Ryzen 5 2600x
Asrock B450m Steel Legend
XFX Thicc III Ultra 5700xt
650w 80+Gold EVGA psu
16GB @2933 Corsair Vengeance
OS Win10 on 500GB Samsung 950 evo
Epic library on 1TB Crucial P2 M.2

All drivers should be up to date and only got issues after hotfix.

Last edited:
I guess they want computer specs?

CPU: i7-8750H 2.20Ghz
GPU: GeForce 1070 Max Q
Driver: 27.21.14.5655
RAM: 16gb
Storage: I have 2 500gb SSD's - One is a stick and the other an actual drive. not sure which is which.
Motherboard: not 100% positive on this. cmd prompt baseboard function returns blank values for some reason. Computer is a Digital Storm Equiinox 15.6" laptop.

Same thing here. Bought on Epic a couple weeks ago, played fine. After this most recent update I get the white screen and Steam initialization error.
Rebooted, verified game files, no luck.
Hope you guys are able to resolve this soon, but do enjoy your holidays!

The same issue bought this game during the Epic Store's winter sale. I was able to play up until this latest hotfix. Logging on I'm able to access the launcher and click "play" after that I'm brought to a white screen with a text bubble saying "unable to initialize steam API" Hope it is fixed soon. Only one real question. Are people that purchased this via steam having this issue or not?

The same issue bought this game during the Epic Store's winter sale. I was able to play up until this latest hotfix. Logging on I'm able to access the launcher and click "play" after that I'm brought to a white screen with a text bubble saying "unable to initialize steam API" Hope it is fixed soon. Only one real question. Are people that purchased this via steam having this issue or not?
yes. i brought on steam. but now games not able to start. played two days back. its worst experience after paying huge amount. developer should work on this

Back
Top Bottom