Need More Info Unable to Initialize Steam API

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenji3108

Recruit
Summary:
Every time I try to run Bannerlord in Multiplayer, it comes up with the white screen with texts saying:
"Unable to Initialize Steam API"
I can play singleplayer just fine.

One thing to note is that this only started happening after I swapped a very old graphics card, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti, to a relatively newer one, AMD Radeon RX 570.

I was able to play Bannerlord in multiplayer, even if with terrible graphics, before the swap. I have ensured the graphics card driver is up-to-date.

I have tried the following steps to no avail:
Run Steam or actual Bannerlord_BE.exe as administrator
Allow firewall access to all of the involved programs such as steam, Bannerlord, even BattlEye
Turn off firewall and run Bannerlord_BE.exe as administrator
Reinstalled Steam and Bannerlord altogether and then repeated all of the above

It also shows the following message on BattlEye:
02:49:57: Starting BattlEye Service...
02:50:02: Launching game...
02:50:09: Note: File blocks can be ignored if they don't cause problems with the game.
02:50:09: [INFO] Blocked loading of file: "C:\Windows\System32\mswsock.dll".

I am at my wit's end. Please help.

How to Reproduce:
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version:
Computer Specs
:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4GHz
RAM: 32.0 GB
Motherboard: ASUS
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD 2TB

I have completed the steps in that particular thread asked. Checked the antivirus for malwares and rootkits, used the Win7 fixing tool, as well as getting SFC /scannow to see if any of the .dll files are damaged.

The multiplayer is capable of running with BattlEye uninstalled, but I'll get kicked out due to anti-cheat.

I assume my computer is just old and have decided to install Windows 10 and see if it'll solve the problem, then.

I'm trying to run the single mode and on Windows 10. I have the same error
This error only happens when the game cannot communicate to Steam. Please make sure that your Steam is on.
Your Windows firewall settings might be causing Steam to refuse the Internet connection.
A firewall built into your antivirus might be blocking the .exe file from running.
If you are in a Steam beta branch, try opting out from it and try again.

I have done all of it. Yesterday this game launched but today I again have this error and nothing helps. I have never met this error in other games in Steam so I think that the problem is not in firewall or antivirus. It looks like a bug.

I know this sounds kinda basic but have you tried restarting your Steam client and launching the game after you saw Unable to Initialize Steam API error message?

I have killed the process and did logout. It helps but it looks very tricky and still looks like a bug in the application.

Back
Top Bottom